Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Sons of Anarchy: Season 6

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by mad5427, Sep 10, 2013.

1. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

With Breaking Bad ending soon, I'm really glad this is returning. This penultimate season looks like it will be as crazy, if not crazier, than previous ones.

Here's the link to the Season 5 thread:

http://www.theidiotboard.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17542&start=0

Here's a spoiler for the season opener that looks like it will play a major part in both this and the next, final, season.

This season opener supposedly has a school shooting at the end of the episode. They are taking a direct hard look at what no other show will. I think it's kind of appropriate as this is a violent show and could delve into that topic pretty well. It'll be interesting to see how it fits in. I read that the gun used could have been sold by the Sons. Also, there is speculation that it could be Bobby's kid, it could be at Nero's kid's school or it could be Opie's boy as the shooter. That last one seems very plausible and will add a LOT of guilt/drama.

I also read all the episodes this season will run 15-30 minutes longer. Very nice.

2. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Lets not compare SOA to the best show on television, don't get me wrong I like SOA but lets face it Jax isn't Walter White.

I did see that Ron Perlman is still listed in the season 6 cast so I highly doubt he gets killed in prison like I want him to, Clay needs to die.

3. Gravy

Gravy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really want to continue liking this show. I really do. However, I was not impressed by the opening episode.

So much of what they are doing now is just to be shocking and edgy. We had to watch two different rapes and a guy being drowned in urine. And that pales in comparison to the school shooting.

These are topics that can be explored, but I have the recurring feeling that they are being done for shock value as much as anything else. But let's say I'm going to give Sutter the artistic benefit of the doubt and agree that the show is taking a real look at these issues. Unfortunately, they way they are handled is so heavy handed that it is laughable. The cut marks on the arm, the turning notebook pages in the wind, blah blah blah.

I remember Gemma's rape in season 2 being very powerful. There was real empathy there for me as a viewer. Now I just feel annoyed because he is beating me over the head with shit.

Gripe, gripe, gripe. I'm interested to hear what everyone else is thinking. Part of my annoyance with the opener could be from feeling very insecure seeing Jax man-ass again as he undulates into another woman vying for his affection. And speaking of that, I don't understand all this hate for Charlie Hunnam as the dude in 50 Shades of Grey. Those fangirls need to watch some SOA.

4. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is what annoyed me the most. So basically after everything Tara did for the club last season, we're supposed to be fine with the fact that Jax fucks the first girl that looks at him?

5. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Except that Tara refuses to see him, talk to him or want him in court, so that makes it easier in his mind.

Lot of actors from Deadwood make appearances on this show also I really hope Dave Navarro goes away soon, I've never seen someone hold a gun so unconvincingly.

6. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This show is broken. In the early seasons there was at least some hope. There was some redeeming quality to many of the characters. Even when they were doing bad things, for the most part it was with good intentions.

I think Bobby might be the only somewhat redeeming character left on the show and he's such a minor figure at this point, IMO. There is no reason that Jax couldn't run the club and still be somewhat decent. He's just another shitty character who does bad things for whatever reason.

It was pretty gratuitous for no reason other than shock. The only hope I can see is that they purposefully are showing pretty much every character at their absolute worst and broken and this shooting will wake everybody up and bring a positive meaning or focus back. I don't know how this is going to go but it's not good. The first three seasons were pretty awesome. Season four started going downhill. Five was the worst yet but I've seen sticking with it as I do enjoy it more than many other shows out there.

The best shows seem to have a great 4-5 season run. The ones that stop at that point knew when to quit. Dexter went on 2-3 seasons too long and this show looks like it could be following suit. I'll still watch and am interested to see what the effects of the shooting will be and if it can right the show at all. I'm at least glad they didn't show any of the shooting.

7. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the shooting event is to act as a catalyst to bring more heat on the club as well as have it look internally at the consequences of their own lives. The gun the kid used will either be directly or indirectly tied back to the Sons. Nothing motivates law enforcement more than political drive. You then have the morality issue for the club to deal with. Internally they justify their own violence as part of the 'game', and that it should only be directed to those participating in it.

The club has regularly shown extreme disgust and violent retribution to those who hurt innocent parties not involved in the Outlaw lifestyle. A number of times we have seen individual members become aware that their actions may cause harm to innocent parties (Opie's wife, Tigs daughter), but this will be a wider ranging realisation, impacting the entire club.

Providing Sutter doesn't grandstand the shootings issue and quickly moves onto the fallout on the club, this could be a decent storyline and one to ultimately unravel the club. I really don't want Sutter to wuss out and have a happy ending. The club needs to be destroyed along with the lives of all parties.

8. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

During the "Previously on..." part, they showed those guns being given to Nero's old crew from the Sons warehouse. That kid was Navarro's kid.

9. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm feeling kind of ambivalent towards this season. Last nights episode just seemed so...convenient.

I like the interplay between Otto and Clay and the ensuing results, though I was a bit surprised they wrote the ex-Marshall out so soon. And finding some Neo-Nazis out in the woods to dump the guns on and steer the investigation away from SAMCRO...like I said, too convenient.

10. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Apparently the marshal was supposed to be around the whole season but the actor had to shoot for another show so they killed him off.

11. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The same actor just got killed off in Copper, too.

12. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gotta love when Walton Goggins makes an appearance.

13. Bob Trousers

Bob Trousers
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

So, just something that has been floating around the empty warehouse that is my brain. The 'Sons' universe is connected to that of 'The Shield' in some small ways-the biggest link being the one-niners. Do you think it could work if they somehow brought Vic Mackey in as himself? It's something I'd like to see, but at the same time feel could just shatter the 'Sons' universe and make it seem like a pantomime. I'm leaning towards no, but the idea does intrigue me.

14. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Byz-Lats were in the Shield too. It wouldn't be difficult to work Mackey somewhere into the gun deal Clay has with the Irish.

15. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Glad to see that I am not the only one who was hoping for Vic to make an appearance.

16. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As someone who just finished binge watching seasons 1-5 and is now only about 2 episodes behind, I'm glad I'm not the only one disappointed with the way this season is going. When Jax fucked that hooker my wife and I were pissed. The kid shooting up the school was a bit over the top and just didn't sit right with us either. The exact moment when this show started going off the rails was in season 5 when they escaped the gun buy that went bad. When I saw that station wagon tumble down the hillside and they drove away laughing and whooping, I felt like I was watching an episode of Dukes of Hazard. That was just stupid. And the CIA suddenly deciding to bust in on Jax and the Irish, while they were making a deal made no sense at all. It seems like once Opie died, the show died with him.

17. Yukon Cornelius

Yukon Cornelius
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

So the "guardian angel" makes an appearance again.

18. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So is Tara gonna kill herself, or try and kill Gemma? Shit, I thought one of them was gonna pull during the conversation at the house. They were both armed, after all.

19. awwwSNAP

awwwSNAP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Nothing here, guys? Whatever you feel about how the show's going, goddamn if that episode wasn't satisfying

20. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Loved the episode,
    Clay finally gets his due
    , think Tara
    actually gives the bullet over and takes witsec?