Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Something Fucked Up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And that would have been me.

Yay!

It's been a long day, and I got a notice from our hosting provider that said "you need to run this update asap due to security reasons", and I did it without really thinking about what it was actually going to do, or what the consequences would be.

Well, instead of just a little patch, it did a complete fucking release upgrade.

For those of you who may have some experience with Linix sysadmin stuff, you understand the issue.

For those of you who do NOT have any such experience... imagine taking your car in to get a slight scratch removed from your paint with a light buffing, and instead they end up doing a frame-off restoration and engine rebuild.

Needless to say, the chances for shit fucking up are much higher in the second scenario.

Well, that's kind of what happened.

There were system wide updates to EVERYTHING, including some things like PHP versions, etc, that probably shouldn't have been updated if we really wanted the current version of our site software to keep working.

Those updates ended up breaking our front page for a bit, while I dug into it and tried to un-fuck things.

Paging @Binary to the white courtesy phone please...

SO GET TO THE POINT ALREADY!

Some things may be broken on the site, and I haven't noticed. If you find anything, please post it here and let me know, and I'll try and un-fuck it.

Thanks, and sorry (not sorry, you freeloaders) for any inconvenience this may have caused.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I tried to get on a little while ago and could not. I started to jump off the building, but then realized I'm on the ground floor and that wouldn't accomplish much. Seems to be working fine now. Thanks for keeping the nuthouse running.

Oh, one thing I did notice: None of the Boobie thread posts since Aug 2017 are showing up.

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'll send you the subscription form...

4. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yikes. Everything looks like it's behaving okay now. What'd you have to do to un-fuck things? There were about sixty thousand errors in the log from when you did the patch, but none since then. I cleared the log just so we wouldn't have to filter through garbage during future errors.

Like next time you fuck the server up.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Boom roasted.

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Meh, he’s right. lol

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

If you look in the logs there is a widget for the index page.

“break 2” is no longer supported in php.

I changed “break 2” to “break”.

You’re welcome.

8. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

What’s “nerds” in Canadian?

N3rd5?

31k?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.