Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Somebody get my punching bag...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D26, Sep 14, 2010.

1. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Walking, whether on a treadmill at the gym at a quick pace, or going for a stroll in the park with the dogs. Both help to clear my head and re-focus.

When walking is not an option (right before a test, in the office, etc.) deep breathing exercises.

2. Super

Super
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Alt. Focus - I used to constantly eat while stressed. It's definitely a weird feeling eating everything in sight and not being content because you are stressed. After gaining weight and realizing that women don't like out of shape men who can't handle their emotions, I started to work out. Now I find myself to be a less stressful person, and a more physically appealing one at that.

There hasn't been a better win-win situation in my life.

3. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Lots of things, depending on the mood, and where I am. I might take a shower. I might do 50-100 push-ups. Sometimes, I just go to my computer and start reading a book/comic, or watch a film.

I used to have a real anger problem when I was young, which thankfully I started getting over when I was 14, and mostly conquered by the time I was 19. However, to this day, I might only get seriously angry once or twice a month, but when I do, I want to bash someone's skull in and gouge out their eyes. When it gets to that point, I just try to relax and loosen up my body, and control my feelings.

4. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't take this the wrong way, but we can read your ongoing anger problem.

5. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have always talked a lot of shit, but it's never been reflective of my emotional state. In fact, usually I'm calm and happy when insulting someone I dislike. In real life, it's when I go completely quiet and serious that I'm probably angry. After all, giving in to one's anger is reflected through one's actions, not one's words.

6. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Tears are always the best lube. Yours or the five year old's you grabbed from the playground, comes down to personal preference.

For me, it's muay thai. I learned at a young age that I fight/wrestle/lift the best when I'm pissed.

I knocked out one of the professional fighters in the gym one night after he got me pissed off following a nasty breakup with a girlfriend. She was two timing me behind my back and he was mocking me, telling me all about how she worked the shaft and the head at the same time and loved not only anal, but loved coming over to my house after he was done with her for a sneaky little nightcap. I took a step back, took a breath and worked him like Eastern Express worked Christopher Reeve for the next two rounds before dropping him with a right kick to the ribs/left hook to the ear follow up. Honestly, I couldn't do it again outside of another stressed/pissed off blur. He's whipped my ass several times since in dominating fashion, but a couple hours of thai do the trick for me when I'm stressed or pissed.

Edit from rep: He wasn't the guy she was two timing me with. He just knew how to push my buttons.

7. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I get like this too. Often I'm the opposite of what people would expect in terms of emotional portrayal.

Years ago in school, I was talking to a female friend who had back stabbed me harshly. She was trying to "explain her position" and I was standing there calmly and smiling. She remarked that I seemed to be taking it rather well.

Another friend of mine walked up, took one look at me and told the girl she needs to walk away now adding, "Disgustipated doesn't get angry, he gets quiet. And I've never seen his this quiet."

8. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This. If I'm in a bad mood, I'm quiet. I don't run my mouth, I don't start screaming profanity for everyone to hear how I feel. This isn't junior high and I don't need to overshout you. If it's warranted, I'll throw the first punch and get things rolling, but in less extreme circumstances I just don't want to be around you or talk to you. Nothing personal, just fuck off.

9. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I get stressed I get quiet and keep to myself. This is because when I'm truly angry I know anything I say will come off in an unintended bad way. The other thing is if people try to make me feel better when I'm pissed (assholes!), it makes me feel awkward and uncertain and I really don't know how to react. Growing up with an alcoholic mother and being a misfit in school will cause a guy to not be use to affection/people being nice. I tend to react like a scared animal and get out of the situation fast when this happens.

So in general when I get angry I try to ride my motorcycle and if I can't do that I just sit and wait it out and try to get some sort of resolution by thinking the problem out. Ideally I'd go play hockey because that really is my happy place but oddly enough I can't go play hockey whenever I want.

10. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When I'm not at work I tend to play shooters like Halo, and Gears. Reading is also a really good stress reliever for me. I tend to go in for escapism. I know the problems are still there when I am done, but sometimes just getting away from the world help.

And of course the bar is always great. I mean they have the beer there, and all thy want is silly pieces of paper for it. Getting drunk, and hanging out with friends is always a great way for me to let off steam. Plus there are often douche bags there to mock. All in all bar = Ultimate win!

If I am at work, as others have said, I speed up. I will go petal to the floor all day. Oh, and I too get really quite. Normally I am a pretty gregarious guy at work, but if I am pissed, I tend to be to the point, and rather short with people. I'm not rude. (That just makes people talk to you more.) But I am definitely not friendly.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Not to toot the title of the thread's horn, but the heavy bag works if somebody in particular pisses you off. I might carpet-tape a picture of the Pope to it for added effect.

Anybody who knows me on this thread already knows my stress reliever. It's green, it's cheap, and according to the government it's a dangerously evil gateway narcotic.

..fuck all that. It's oblivion. It's a pain killer. It's a stress reliever. It smells like heaven. It grows in the earth. It makes shitty TV and jam bands tolerable. Is there a single possible thing to hate about weed aside from the invention of Ultimate Frisbee?

Let's all get high right now.

12. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe it's because you're also a mathematician (I think you are at least, because of the logic you use in your posts) but when I get truly pissed and I'm around other people I'm dead silent, I am well aware of the fact that there are no benefits to speaking my mind when emotionally charged and plenty of potential deficits if I run my mouth unchecked that I just don't do it.

13. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't find this with me. Like I said in an earlier post here, I get faster when I get stressed. If I add an adrenaline surge to that it gets compounded. In that situation I have no problem with what to say and can clearly and precisely identify and deal with any issue. My issue is in trying to slow them down as they come out of my mouth and avoid two or more things trying to come out at once. I'm verbally dyslexic at the best of times when I get going and my mouth will often smash words together because my brain is thinking on multiple tangents.

I stay quiet for a different reason. I tend to have a long fuse for most things, but once it blows it's gone. Me staying quiet is my way of exercising restraint. If I'm going in angry, I'm not going half measured and I'm not likely to stop or calm down anytime soon. It's exceptionally rare that I do this, so I keep quiet and smile and deal with things calmly.

14. ZJB

ZJB
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

When I am stressed out I flip people off on the road ( because half of the drivers on the road are retarded), or I beat the shit out of my coach because I play online poker and the donkey fucking callers make me want to become a serial killer.

Otherwise I take a deep breath and try to think about simpler shit for a few minutes... but I'm not inot meditation ro any of that gay shit.