Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Sober Thread: 3 women missing for 10 years found alive.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, May 7, 2013.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Christ thats upsetting. So on top of the extreme trauma from being raped, the incredibly difficult decision to keep the child and raise it, the rapist gets parental rights? What the hell. You would expect this kind of thing in some ass-backwards Middle Eastern / Soviet Bloc shitholeistan, but god damn.

2. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The stupidity of more than half the states in the country allowing rapists paternal rights hurts my head. Hell even if we exclude the victims feelings from the equation, let's not have mentally fucked peoole raising kids. Ok? Ok.

3. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was astonished. I had read the story about Castro requesting visitation howling at the ludicrousness and quickly realized that he must have had some legal premise for such a request. Further research made me ill. Who makes these decisions granting paternal rights to a damn RAPIST and sleeps at night? A victim of rape is forever reminded of her rape, always feels that fear every time it's time to share the child. I can't imagine what that does to a woman's psyche, how it flavors her life and interactions with this child.

4. Cult

Cult
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is giving visitation to people like that actually a fucking thing? I imagined for half an instant that this was some kind of loophole that existed because no one really even considered the possibility that a rapist would have the balls to request something like that. I'm surprised there isn't something on the books that says if you're a convicted murderer or rapist that you forfeit all rights to your children.

5. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As if rape isn't already worse than murder this bag of shit might have some rights to the child? Hell no. Someone needs to kill him first. I'm looking at you, his fellow inmates.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

What are they going to do, physically force the kid to go to the prison visitations? And what if the child refuses?

COME ON, guys. The shit is not going to happen. The guy will be too scared to even leave his cell, even if he is in a PC wing of the jail.

7. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is the guy who claimed to be normal, that the sex was consensual, and said him and these women had a lot of harmony going on in that home. His lack of conception about how normal people react to these crimes might infringe on his survival skills.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Those were words to save face. Words on the outside. It doesn't matter if he's the toughest guy in the world-- if he's on range, and the guards turn their backs, he's dead. It's not a regular beating, we're talking about getting your faced directly jumped on and having broken mop handles forced up your ass. Nobody will side with this guy. He has nothing to do but count the days until he dies, which will be all alone in an infirmary bed. Happy ending.

9. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh, I wasn't trying to say he's tough or anything like that. After all, he's an old man. It just seems like he's crazy enough to not realize how many people want a shiv at his throat. I picture him screaming "I'm not a monster." while they bash his head in, and I hope it's the first friend he tries to make.

10. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I propose a reality show: "Ariel Castro Behind Bars"

Give enough to discovery or whomever to make it worth their while to produce it (they'll recoup costs easily), and any extra profits to the victims.

I'd tune in, at least for a few years (if he survives that long), to see what happens.

11. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Given that he's already admitted to being addicted to masturbation and now will be locked in a cell alone for 23 hours a day, what exactly do you think he'll be doing?

12. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I hate to be the one to inform y'all that your prison beating death has about a 1% chance of happening. He's not going to be put in the general population, or even in PC.

Most likely he's going to end up in a Sex Offender's facility. Which means he's going to sit around and watch TV in his cell, be served food in his cell, and go to therapy (For God knows what reason.)

Every single inmate he'll do time with is as sick, twisted and demented as he is and have carried out similar atrocities.

In other words, he's going to be coddled and protected by the system.

And y'all wondered why I was advocating a horrible, pain filled, death for him. This is why.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That's what Paul Bernardo got up here. The sickest, most hated rapist/murderer in Canada gets three meals a day and TV in his cell.

And you're also no doubt correct. Pretty much anybody considered "high profile" (and he is the highest of ALL profiles) are completely sequestered from others, usually in a special wing where they keep his like, celebrities and dirty cops. In other words, people who would get tuned up instantly in the yard.

The system works.

14. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As I said before he's fucking broken and needs a good CHEAP killing. You don't fix that level of deluded crazy. Does anyone have a clue why he was offered a plea?

15. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd imagine it was to spare the families a trial.

16. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, because the system is going to "coddle" him, you were advocating that he receive the polar opposite. So, are you saying he didn't actually deserve a horrible pain-filled death and you were only advocating it as an attempt to balance the outcome (as if that would work)? Or do you really think he deserves a horrible, pain-filled death and you think that was deserved independent of the current outcome?

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I've read his Twitter posts. He believes in a pain-filled death, take my word for it.

18. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

His personal beliefs are pretty irrelevant.

19. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not picking on you or anything, I'm just curious. Are you opposed to capital punishment in any form? Why are you so opposed to this guy getting what, I would think, most people feel he deserves?

I'd settle for a quick painless death if that helps any. As long as he is no longer sharing the same air as everyone else. There is no rehabilitating him. He's obviously guilty. What is the purpose of keeping him alive in a cell by himself for whatever is left of his natural life. I'd rather take the money spent keeping him alive and fed and give it to some needy African children or a poor American family. Why so opposed to removing him from the population? I don't get it.

20. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Well what people emotionally or cosmically think he deserves doesnt always match up to what his punishment should be in a civilized society. I'm fine with the death penalty for this guy, which isnt horribly pain-filled, at least not as much as a prison beat down would be.