Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Sober Thread: 3 women missing for 10 years found alive.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, May 7, 2013.

1. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not to derail the thread (of course I'm going to continue with the post anyway), but I cannot be the only one that finds turning the prison system into a for profit slave labor camp in constant need of fresh workers corralled for sometimes dubious reasons an incredibly bad idea.

It's in shambles as it is partly due to privatization. Because we know we can trust big business. Arguably, the system is one of the impetuses for perpetuating archaic drug laws by incarcerating so many drug offenders.

Carry on.

2. Cult

Cult
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're not the only one, but most people who support those kinds of programs don't call it slavery even though that is very clearly what it is. It's a shame really, I think the state of prisons in the US is going to get worse and worse. Americans already don't give a shit or outright support torturing non-Americans based on suspicion alone, having secret prisons throughout the world and holding suspected terrorists without trial. I don't see it being a stretch to see those practices slowly work their way into the system for citizens.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The state of prison in the US will get worse and worse because they get more money for keeping them packed with prisoners, which they will stop at nothing to do. Almost 1% of your country's population is in prison. They had to make a Sesame Street character with a parent in prison so children watching can relate. That is how out of hand it is. It needs to be taken out of private hands and I guarantee conditions would improve and populations would drop. Only 8% of the prison population consists of violent offenders.

Unacceptable.

4. Pink Candy

Pink Candy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Hmm. Just found out Ohio is looking to pass a bill making serial rapists and kiddie fuckers eligible for the death penalty.

Considering I've interviewed a sexual predator that described in painstaking detail how he sodomized his 11 year old daughter while she screamed for help (not to mention crying "You're hurting me, please stop"), I'm failing to see the issue here.

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But is kicking him in the nuts until he dies too far?

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

As I've posted on here once or twice, I was the victim of sexual abuse when I was a child. Abuser was my father. He didn't, to my current recollection, sodomize or otherwise rape me, but he went far enough that I have a good sense of what it means to be a victim of sex abuse.

So, with that as my background, I absolutely, 100% agree that kiddie fuckers should be eligible for the death penalty. Doesn't mean they should, in all or even most circumstances, get it, but it should at least be an option that is on the table.

That being said, I can't argue for this point of view without bias, because clearly I have plenty of it.

7. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know I'm in the minority here, but sex crimes don't warrant the death penalty. I don't think 1st degree murder is even a reason for a state sanctioned murder. One innocent man put to death is worse than all the guilty living in captivity. Our justice system is great, but far from perfect.

Considering how many lifers are being acquitted based on DNA, I'd hate to see the stats on death penalties accquitals. If there were any.

8. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It seems to me that one of the biggest problems with making sexual abuse crimes a capital offense is expressed in the old appalling joke: "don't make me turn this rape into a murder". In other words, if people know they are getting the death penalty regardless, there's a significant incentive to kill the victim so they can't testify.

9. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Death penalty acquittals" is misleading and not what I meant.

Rather "found innocent post mortem".

10. WickedBitch

WickedBitch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ariel Castro committed suicide in prison according to CNN.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/04/justice/ariel-castro-cleveland-kidnapper-death/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/04/justice/a ... index.html</a>

11. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

So he strikes a plea deal to avoid the death penalty, then turns around and commits suicide? Whatever. Good, fuck him.

12. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He had those girls locked up for 10 years and he couldn't take 4 months. This is the kind of situation where I truly hope there is a biblical type hell.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Well, this news should surprise exactly no one.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So much for "life in prison is a worse fate than death."

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Nice to see taxes went down for you guys.

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I feel like this is about 12 threads colliding at once, but I'll just link this here.

Castro didn't hang himself - jerking it went wrong.

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Did he at least taste his own jizz first?

18. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Sounds like a frat initiation gone wrong, to me.

19. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Only the black frats, guydudebro.