Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, Aug 24, 2010.

?

What's your pick?

1. I cure progeria.

46 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. I resurrect an acquaintance.

38 vote(s)
    41.3%
  3. Forget Chater, I'm just here to paint myself blue and dress up as a smurf for Dr. Frylock

8 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If we got rid of progeria, we wouldn't have this kid anymore:

#21 ssycko, Aug 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Cure Progeria.

With my luck, that lost relative or whomever I've brought back from the dead could suddenly get hit by a bus the next day and be dead again. I've grieved for every dead relative or acquaintance in my life. I'm fortunate that I haven't lost anybody too close too soon, yet. Thankfully. So, at this point I don't need to bring anybody back. Even if I did, I would be saving one person for who knows how long. Plus, if they go again, I'll have to grieve all over. That would be twice shitty.

So, cure the disease. Even if it only cures 50 people right now, who cares. That's forever. From here on out. That'll add up eventually. If I'm ever down, I can always think about those people who get chances at life. Out of those, maybe one goes on to cure something else. Maybe one ends up becoming a star athlete for my long horrible Cleveland teams and actually wins the city a championship. Maybe one becomes a hot train-wreck actress and I get to enjoy their silly exploits in the news. Wins a nobel prize. Saves me from choking in a restaurant 20 years from now in a personal positive karmic twist. It's so rare that the odds of somebody having it in the first place is slim to none, much less that they end up doing something extraordinary in life, but who knows.

The list of potentials is infinite. That one friend or relative might bring me happiness for a little bit, but big picture, I have to go with the cured disease.

Plus, that's a shitty way to go through life. 13 years before death. You have a dogs lifespan. Even only much much worse.

EDIT: Also, I don't know if it's 50 a year or 50 total over decades or since they discovered and started researching it. Either way, it's still curing something horrible. If it's 50 a year, that is even better as the chance of one of them going on to do something amazing rises dramatically.

3. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So the Lama has these mistical abilitys and he's not using them? He must want the kids to suffer? Fuck him, it's torture time. Let's see what cool tricks he can do after being fed his own eyelids.

4. fishy

fishy
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My brother died of Progeria, does that mean I get to choose both?

5. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Something that occurs in 1 out of 8 million births? I'd bring my brother-in-law's first wife back. If anything, it would be fun to see how he handles her return and his second wife (who's not nearly as nice).

Now, if it were cancer, or aids or autism (300% increase in the autism rate over the past 20 years), I'd be choosing differently.

6. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I chose to cure Progeria, if for nothing else but to keep this guy around longer. He's an amazing artist. [The little guy(Leon Botha) did all the artwork for these sets.]

#26 Now Slappy, Aug 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  7. NickAragua

NickAragua
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'd bring a relative back. I'd like to have seen her figure out where she was going with her life (even if it was down the "starving artist" road) rather than dying of a heroin overdose.

It's not fifty bobble-headed people a year, just the one 21-year-old, but it is giving another chance to a life that was cut way too short.