Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

So Bad it's Awesome

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crown Royal, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Recently in the movie review thread an alert board member introduced me to a movie I have for some reason never heard of called The Room, which has become a cult phenomenon over the past five years. I watched it myself, and this melodrama is so spectacularly retarded in every way possible that if you watch it you'll probably have cardiac arrest from laughing so hard. It's an absolute rampage of everything terrible in cinema, and I charge you to see this film because chances are your eyes will whirl right out of your skull. Behold it in all its unearthly glory (brace yourself):

Focus: What things, whether they be a movie, TV show, play, book, music or anything you viewed/listened to were so utterly awful that you actually loved it and would pass it on to others?

#1 Crown Royal, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Blank Ninja is amazingly bad. I keep telling friends to go rent it or buy it but nobody will. I can't find any Youtube videos, but here's the imdb.

3. JPrue

JPrue
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

[​IMG]

My buddy in college raved about this movie. He claimed to have grown up on it and assured me that I would love it when he finally showed it to me. I had the hardest time suppressing my laughter at the shear lameness of this movie, and since this was one of his favorite movies I didn't want to berate it and put it down, but god damn was it hard to stomach. I occasionally laughed out loud during and afterwards told him I couldn't take it seriously when he asked me my opinion post-movie. We actually watched this movie a dozen times after, while drunk, just for laughs.

Now, in his/it's defense, the movie was made in 1992 so it obviously looks cheesy and poorly produced compared to movies of the last decade. The thing is, I tried to look past that, and still the concept and the acting was horrific. Somehow it scored a 74% on Rotten Tomatoes, so maybe this movie is beyond me and my young theatrical taste, but in my mind, "so awful it's good".

4. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

King of the Kickboxers - I have been referring friends to this movie since I first saw it in college. Horrible acting, poorly written script, and jokes so bad that you just have to laugh. Oh yeah, and it's got Billy Blanks.

#4 Now Slappy, Jun 7, 2010
  5. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

FOCUS:
    I read this critique of Army of Darkness one time...

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dude, you have to be joking right? Im not trying to be to harsh, but it does seem that you didn't "get it." Now the first two Evil Deads I never got as far as the cult following goes the shit was a little obscure even for me. Armies of Darkness is a comedy classic.

Growing up I was always a fan of b-movie skin flicks. Be it busty women from outer space or busty women, lead by the hapless dork accountant, that set up a bikini car wash to help save their troubled business. My favorite by far is Miss Shannon Tweeds magnum Opus, Scorned. It has everything a teenage guy needs, hot teacher on teen sex action, voyeurism with female masturbation, rough sex over a pool table, drug induced lesbianism, and Andrew Stevens overlording it all with his dynamic acting performance.

7. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Two things come to mind-

1. 80s hair metal- I fucking love it all. From Bon Jovi to Poison to Motley Crue. It is so terrible and so cheesie. Yet my music collection is probably 50% hair metal.

2. The Mighty Ducks Trilogy- I watch these movies every time I catch them on TV. I even own them on DVD. I can quote them line for line. The movies have a lot of lines that make me cringe because of how bad they are. The plot is full of holes and the acting is terrible. But I still fucking love it.

Cake eater.

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You suck ice.

9. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey, that movie kicked ass. I actually know a couple guys who were on the "Hawks" and it was cooler than hell playing at the same rinks as they did in the movie when I was growing up (MD1).

FOCUS:
    [​IMG]

10. Chellie

Chellie
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

G.I Joe The Rise of Cobra was so awful I loved it. Chuck Norris has nothing on Snake Eyes. I don't think there was even one scene I wasn't rolling my eyes or laughing at, the unintentional comedy was great.

11. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Problem Child and Problem Child 2 still crack me up as much as when I first saw them when I was a kid. I'll still watch a lot of those "classic '90s films from my childhood" for nostalgia but the first two Problem Child movies are probably the ones that hold up the best for me.

As far as tv I think I am probably the only person who was a fan of the FOX sitcom The War at Home. I have the first season on DVD and I wish that they would release the second.

12. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

Chopping Mall a.k.a Killbots - The title varies, depending on the channel you watch it on, it was renamed Killbots for USA network, but my DVD says Chopping Mall. This is the most awesomely stupid horror movie in history.

Apparently some mall in Randomville, USA is getting with the times and has designed security robots the look like Johnny 5 on roids to patrol when the mall is closed. Well lightning strikes their control tower on the roof and that somehow causes them to be homicidal. Which sucks for the group of college kids who have decided to throw a party after hours in a furniture store. Yes, a furniture store.

The closest thing resembling stars in this movie is the drunk guy from Gremlins, the third most famous guy from Head of the Class, and the guy who played the evil ninja in Revenge of the Ninja.

If you can find it it's worth watching for all of the unintentional hilarity.

13. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's not just bad. It's inexplicably bad. Nothing about this movie makes any sense. No one acts like a normal human being, the dialogue is absurd, and the editing is a mindfuck from beginning to end. Things happen out of nowhere and are never addressed again. Characters show up and start talking as if they've been there the whole time. No introduction, no backstory. They just show the fuck up. It's hysterical.

Best line of the movie: "I want your blood in my mouth."

[​IMG]

14. jennitalia

jennitalia
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Midget vampires.
    [​IMG]

15. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Flying V would never fucking work in an actual hockey game.

"Flying V, guys!"

"Conway passes to Reed. Reed back to Conway. Conway to Averman. And that's offside."

16. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

<a class="postlink" href="http://royshaff.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/jesus_christ_vampire_hunter_copy.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://royshaff.files.wordpress.com/200 ... r_copy.jpg</a>

This movie has a scene where a couple dozen henchman all pile out of the same car to attack Jesus Christ. It's fantastic.

17. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh Millionaires, how appropriate are thee.

My friends have pointed out that really awful things like this excite me to no end. No clue why, but if something is this bad it's beyond my control to not show everyone.

Except for the Room. Fuck the Room.

#17 ssycko, Jun 7, 2010
  18. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I should also add Walker, Texas Ranger. What could be better than Chuck Norris saving a retarded girl from Chet Steadman:

#18 Czechvodkabaron, Jun 7, 2010
  19. Suit Jacket

Suit Jacket
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

And we will ignore how a team that struggles to win it's city's championship can compete for the national junior championships against teams picked from all across their country (and somehow that Iceland is good with its population of 1208). And then, how the world champion team cannot even win its first high school JV game.

"Greg, what's it gonna take to beat these feisty Icelanders, tonight?"
    "I think it will take a supreme individual effort, by me, Greg Goldberg. "

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I was in high school for the early 80's.

Pretty well every "action" movie ever made during that time probably applies here.

At the top of that list was the Olympic gold-medal gymnast turned action star:

But then pretty well every movie with these actors in it applies as well:

Steven Segal.
    Jean Claude Van Damme.
    Dolph Lungren.
    Eric Roberts.
    Arnold.
    Sly. "You're the disease... and I'm the cure."

The list goes on.

Hell, just go look at most of the cast in this movie: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.theexpendablesmovie.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theexpendablesmovie.net</a>

#20 Nettdata, Jun 7, 2010