Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

SNOWWW DAAAATTTTT (drunk thread)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nom Chompsky, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Re: Re: SNOWWW DAAAATTTTT (drunk thread)

Getting drunk at work, no matter what the job, is not for me. It does not make work fun or turn it into a game. I don't understand why people will go tie on a glow during their lunch hour. Not for me. If I need a quick escape at work, I do it the old fashioned way: auto-erotic asphyxiation.

2. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A polar bear will be dispatched shortly to confiscate your passport.

3. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like snow at first, but if it lingers it gets pretty annoying. Nothing worse than when it melts and you get slush, and then of course if freezes later and you get icy ass roads.

Colorado does it right. We get a storm and three days later the snow is almost gone. We're suppose to get around ~10 inches tomorrow, by Tuesday it will be gone mostly. Here if you want winter, just go into the mountains.

I grew up in Michigan, so I understand how lingering and monotonous winter gets. I always thought spring was worse. In my opinion theres nothing worse than cold rain. If its gonna piss from the sky, at least be cold enough to snow. Cold rain just soaks through everything and makes you miserable. Maybe this is why the Irish drink so much, besides the centuries of economic depression and English dominance. Its fucking cold and it doesn't stop raining 9 months out of the year.

4. KillaKam

KillaKam
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I fully agree with Crown's disdain for winter weather. Fuck it all... Being from northeast Ohio, I think you know where I'm coming from.

I'm just pumped that tomorrow will reach the mid 40's and all sun.

Irish Ale is delicious. Cheers everyone

5. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If I lived in NE Ohio I'd kill myself, seriously.

6. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Because you lived in Ohio, or because of the weather?

I live in Texas. Summers suck, but weekends on the water with cold beer atone for it. "Winter," like right now, is perfect. If I want to see snow I'll take a vacation and see it, and let dealing with it be someone else's problem.

7. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Both. Aside from Alabama, Mississippi, New Mexico, and maybe Florida Ohio is the shittiest state.

8. T0m88

T0m88
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Guys, I realise that the Northernmost part of the United States basically hunkers down between the months of October and April as they cower beneath the wrath of God, but seriously, hearing you all bitch about the weather is starting to get seriously fucking old.

9. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Re: SNOWWW DAAAATTTTT (drunk thread)

I got tired of it so you know what I did? I moved. It's that simple, all you people who hate the snow and shitty cold weather should move or shut the fuck up about it.

10. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Actually they don't. They go outside and find things to do in that so called inhospitable weather. It's places like South Carolina where they get half an inch of snow and society screeches to a petrified halt. Considering you have to deal with it every year, I would think the people bitching about it would have gotten used to it by now.

11. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ohio is without a doubt the biggest shit hole ever. Nothing but boring farmland and filthy cities from an atavistic, robber baron era now in rundowned decay. The land has zero characteristics. In winter it is so much worse, it looks like death, ravaged my mauraders that burned everything before the snow ate the remains. Cleveland is having a renaissance, but you know what? Fuck Cleveland. I've been to NE Ohio and it was depressing as shit. It's purgatory. I have not one doubt why people do meth up there. It is the only thing aside from the cheap liquor they poison themselves with that dulls the monotony.

Florida has its charms. Undeniably gorgeous women, melting pot of cultures, ice blue ocean water. However, in accordance with the laws of Murphy, the women are gold diggers, the food gives you the shits, and the water is full of bloated tourists and poor people using it as a toilet.

I like to go walking on the beach at night. Down here it's very hard to find a stretch of beach that isn't built up. Which isn't necessarily a problem. In winter it is because every condo has f'n spotlights, literal spotlights, shining onto the beach. Lit up like daylight so bad I actually needed shades at 9pm. No doubt to deter people away. Miserable old fucks live there. Thank you for the light pollution. The stars are almost completely blotted out now. You can't find a bit of peace down here for all the tropical aspects.

It's International Women's Day. so here's some chicks in thongs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

The snow in most of the Northeast is really only bad intermittently, plus it has the hidden value of being an easy topic for small talk between people for whom silence is awkward.

13. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, well we put up with you being British and calling everyone a cunt so how about some fucking empathy you freedom hating piece of shit.

14. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I, for one, enjoy listening to Americans bitch about their own country. It's an exercise in double think. America is the greatest country and place to live on Earth! Except for Florida, Florida sucks. And so does Ohio. And Mississippi. And New Mexico. And Alabama. And the Midwest is boring. And there's too much snow in New England. And the coasts are full of elites. And there's too much rain in the Pacific North-West. And then there's flyover country, and then you really only have Alaska, Hawaii, and those semi-autonomous territories left to bitch about.

15. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Everyone else seems afraid to say it, but that T0m88 is kind of a 9-year old black girl, right?

16. T0m88

T0m88
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm Roman.

Also:

Slavery Abolition Act of 1833

Thirteenth Amendment to the US Constitution, 1865

17. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

To say Americans are exceptional in their ability to bitch about their country is stupid. I'm sure Canadians bitch constantly same with the Brits and everyone else ever to have lived in a country. Hell, I'm sure Canadians bitch about the infamous Maple Syrup shortage or the recent hockey strike.

Its surprising how quickly people load on the American bashing bandwagon.

18. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

19. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gosh you guys are adorable sometimes, you know that?

20. T0m88

T0m88
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Actually I think that'd be either the Spanish or the Portuguese.

Also, nobody's hating on 'Murica Todd. They managed to close down the biggest airport in Europe (possibly the world?) here because of an inch of snow. An inch. I shit you not. My point is, bitching about the weather is pretty much the lowest common denominator of stilted conversation worldwide. I expect better from y'all.

You know, bitch about malformed labia, or how drinking Everclear makes you temporarily blind. Stuff we can all get behind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.