Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

SNOWWW DAAAATTTTT (drunk thread)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nom Chompsky, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Got absolutely hammered last night playing beer pong and watching the League on TV. My team Manly flogged the opposition and I didn't lose a pong game.

Playing on a Table tennis table and one shot has hit the front of the rim bounced back into the net and somehow managed to bounce into their cup, was fucking hilarious.

Also got semi choked out fucking around with a mate and was apparently laughing the whole way down to the ground.

2. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Our lawn is finally sneaking out. We have had snow since Nov. 26th, and I don't think it will be gone until the beginning of April. The crocuses aren't even out yet, and those bastards usually are here and starting to die by now. But I love the cold. Love it love it love it. It got up to 41 the other day and I just wore a light sweater.

Anyway, so I came home today, and the cat was sitting by the door, and I noticed that she had something on her face. It looked gray, so I assumed it was dust, but I tried to brush it, and it was actually in her skin, so I managed to pull it out, and it was a claw from what I assume was another cat. It was just millimeters from her eye. I had no idea that cats claws were like lizards tails and just could get ripped out when stuck.

3. Sicnevol

Sicnevol
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

And to think, my roommate gets mad when I watch Top Gear marathons, (UK, not the Interloper US version.). I guess next time I'll tell him he's lucky Its not HGTV.

4. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Same here. The snow between driveways is a good 4' tall now and that will definitely be around through March, maybe even my April 24 birthday.

High temps are hovering in the 30-40F range, so now my basement workshop will stay above 50 degrees. That is what I am looking forward to most as the thaw arrives- not having to wear a damn Carhartt jacket while working in my own house.

5. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I like the idea of snow and a roaring fire, warm drinks, cuddling with the doggie. But in reality I would probably be miserable. I think I have experienced a total of 3 snow days in my entire life. How do you even drive in that shit?

6. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Slowly.

7. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We had just enough melts in between that the snow didn't get too high. The snowfall totals were about 7 ft for the season. It was pretty sweet.

8. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

High gear, low RPM, with a cinder block in the trunk and a shovel on the back seat. If you're especially clever (or prone to driving in drifts in rural areas that aren't likely to be plowed), you also keep kitty litter and cardboard sheets in the car for added traction to get you out of the shit.

9. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone who lives where it snows is a masochist. It snowed once down here, Christmas Eve of 2004; it freaked everyone out. It was fun for a couple of hours, then I realized it sucked. That night I hit a patch of ice and spun my truck out into a fence. I had to walk 2 miles home.

In other news, Spring Break has arrived! A week off to work on my car! I'm finally going to put in the 3.42:1 geared positrack differential I built; no more one-wheel burnouts! I'm also welding up a new exhaust system out of mandrel bent tubing; no more of those crappy looking muffler shop bends.

Now here's Nine Pound Hammer:

#29 dixiebandit69, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  10. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think my favorite part of snow is the silence. It is amazing how quiet the world gets around you when there is powdery snow to absorb all the sounds. You can go into the woods and the only sound is the occasional bird and snow falling from the trees. Even distant traffic is muffled.

11. thabucmaster

thabucmaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

+1 for that. When I lived in Vermont, I loved going out during snowstorms and just listening to... nothing. One of my best friends lived in the middle of nowhere, VT, and it was always so peaceful.

12. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Look on the bright side - you were sobered up by the time you got home.

13. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No, I was drinking from a bottle of Jim Beam on the walk back. I was trashed by the time I got home.
    You might even say I got wrecked! (Get it?)

14. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone ever want to complain about how much they don't like their work, but then a beercart rolls around? I'm trying my hardest to get into a traditional ad agency so I can persuade people to do shit they really don't want to, and infect the minds of youth. They're just so goddamn picky. Micorsoft excel is killing my soul. I'm not a numbers person and eventually my job is going to find out I suck at my job. Tic toc...

This Angry Orchard Elderflower Cider is fucking delicious though.

15. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I saw my first snow late last year in New York. I walked into the Met, walked around for a couple of hours checking everything out, then walked outside to see a white Central Park. That was pretty cool.

Once I got to Canada I realised that was hardly snow at all in comparison. But not bad at all for a first up experience.

16. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I like snow. Being from South Florida, it is a nice change when your balls aren't stuck to your leg in December. However, sleet can fuck its own ass. Getting hit in the face with sheet after sheet of cold snot is not the magical winter wonderland I signed up for.

In other news, German company is releasing a liquor poured over tits then collected and bottled.

NSFW <a class="postlink" href="http://www.gspirits.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gspirits.com/</a> NSFW

Pompous and they're going to jack (HAH) up the price for that novelty. Just give me a bottle of Popov and a desperate, naive ingenue that can take a cunt punch, we'll party like it's Frank Sinatra's place in Palm Springs 1955.

That booze also reminds me of Steve-O doing shots of beer of a hairy guy's dirty asshole. Can't imagine how that didn't catch on.

17. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Re: SNOWWW DAAAATTTTT (drunk thread)

How many times has somebody just gotten shithoused at work? Do they care or is it not a big deal.

18. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not m people get shithoused, not as many as you think. First of all, anyone that would care is in an office and not chilling out where people would have a chance to fuck up. Also we start around 3 or 4, since we have work to do, its not like we're racking up 4-5 bottles. A few veterans get to 3 beers, some all-stars hang around 2. Otherwise most of everyone sticks with one beer closer to 4 to get them through then they bolt at five. Office parties are a different story. I'm surprised some of the smaller girls don't get shitty on some of the high alcohol craft beers, but no one creates any amazing stories. Pretty disappointing really.

19. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Liquor poured over a woman's (surgically enhanced) breasts may be ridiculous, but I'll sure take a bottle of beer that some monk probably dipped his nutsack into.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Snow sucks.

It sucks sucks sucks. Who the hell actually likes or looks forward to winter that doesn't live within driving distance of great skiing? I'll tell you who: crazy people. Winter, there's a season to look forward to: Yeah, brah! I can't wait for it to be cold and bitter, a barren landscape littered with trees stripped of colour and foliage, driving conditions that turns the average neighbourhood into downtown Boston not to mention everything is covered is dirty salthy filthy rusty tooth-grinding crud?

Sorry folks, but me mind on fire. Me like it hot-hot-hot. I will retire where it is hot and dry and CLEAN all year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.