Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

SNOWWW DAAAATTTTT (drunk thread)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nom Chompsky, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

So it's snowing here, pretty hard.

Let's hope this is the last little drops of winter, shaken from the thunderous labia of a vengeful Storm.

Way to go

2. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well I'm home again after five weeks away. Underwhelming. There is some sort of evil insect living in my bed because I woke up at 1am with my right pinky finger swelling up, so I moved to the couch to sleep (this was after two rounds of cellulitis that happened right before I left). Will have to raze bedroom to ground and start up again. Rawr. Also, friend of mine coming over tomorrow, will have to clean because this place sure does look like a bachelor lives in it. Fortunately the swelling isn't severe or spreading this time, so I can save my dignity from the friendly folks down at the clinic.

On the other hand I don't have to see, speak to, listen to, or in any other way be aware of the existence of the annoying motherfuckers I was on course with. You win some, you lose some.

3. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No work because of snow, gym is closed because of snow and cabin fever set in about an hour ago, time to break out the booze. Go self discipline.

4. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Boom! Just finished my last midterm...and started my last spring break! Waiting for everyone to clean up so we can go to lunch and celebrate the end of 3 weeks of exams and practicals!

5. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

My sunburn is peeling. And I made the damn fool mistake of scheduling a massage today. Luckily they were able to switch me at the last minute out of Hot Stone and put me into Swedish. I can handle hands, but hot stones would probably have put me into a coma.

I also, on a dare from my boss, downloaded and read 50 Shades of Grey on my vacation. What an absolutely shit book. I've sent more provocative texts after a night of drinking. Now how the fuck do I face my boss on Monday and tell her that most of the sex stuff sounds like my first boyfriend, minus all the money?

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought that was what all women were hot and bothered by.

7. thabucmaster

thabucmaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Even when everyone around me gets snow days, I am unfortunate enough to either a) drive into work and be productive or b) stay at home and telecommute. I chose to come into work, since while I enjoy drinking during the day, the thought of being drunk and dealing with people who don't know how to use computers doesn't bode well for me (or them).

Also, our little dog has started to greet me when I come home like this:

#7 thabucmaster, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  8. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So my new career involves two main things; visiting people at their homes and doing prep work at the office. So naturally, when SNOW!!!!! happens, people start canceling appointments due to road conditions.

You know, appointments at their house. Where they already are.

I mean, sure, thanks for caring about me? But really, I'm an adult, I can decide if I feel safe driving or not. I don't need you to decide that for me and thus cut my income.

9. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Follow the lead of your Inner Goddess.

10. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My manager and all my clients are at convention through today, so I have, more or less, no work on my plate. Thus I'll be fucking around on the internet and intermittenly finishing a business plan for a side project for the rest of the afternoon.

Tomorrow is a drinking holiday for the alumni base from college, so it should be a long day of hardcore drinking. Like St Paddy's Day, but more niche and far more memory infused. One of the few times all of my friends are unified in their desire to imbibe like we are 22 year old college seniors again, plus a bunch of people heading in from out of town. The hockey game at Soldier Field was a messy day, tomorrow will eclipse that. Long live Green Beer Day.

Only negative is I lost one of the fish from the aquarium I've set up in the last month. Yea yea, its just a fish, but things had been going really smoothly (all 8 fish were looking great and active) and for some reason, the selection of freshwater fish in the city of Chicago suck, so acquiring them hasn't been easy. Thus finding his little skeleton this morning both bummed me out and annoyed me. Circle of life I guess.

11. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Snow is melting here and will continue to do so over the next two weeks. Good riddance. Winter is for nutbags and Russian people.

All I know is I am going to get sloppy stinking shitfaced hammered tomorrow night. And I made space brownies to. Smiles!

13. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I will occasionally do belly dancing, and the teachers are often very New Age-y ladies who tell us all that we're goddesses. And, I'll admit, sometimes I get kind of into it and I'm like HELL YES I AM A GODDESS, but sometimes they push it just a bit too far. My favorite two lines have been:

"It's okay if you start with the wrong foot. It doesn't matter whether you lead with the left foot or the right foot because you're a goddess. Do whatever feels right."

"It might seem like nothing's going right in your life, and that everything is out of your control. But if you can choose when to lift your hip and when to drop your hip? That's empowerment."

14. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    ... while it was 100 degrees Fahrenheit here today. Summer has been here for 5 fucking months. I am tired of feeling continuously hot, like my insides are being roasted by some sick fuck with a hairdryer. It fucking sucks. I was hoping the heat would break with the start of March, but no. I'm sure I'll be extra crispy soon enough. Durban is the equal of Houston for hot, humid, go-kill-yourself-to-escape-the-heat summers.

Also, no aircon.

At least there's rugby on tomorrow on tv.

15. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My snow day was actually a delay. I woke up, saw that there were accidents everywhere, and texted my boss that I'd be in "later." Once all that shit was cleared, I'd head in. I slept until 9:00.

I honestly could have stayed home since it just stopped snowing there about 30 minutes ago and we got another 3 inches since I left this morning. But the fiance had a snow day today and I felt like she needed some time to herself. Plus I couldn't stand the idea of watching 10 straight hours of HGTV.

"Ohhh, another mini-marathon of Bath Crashers, babe!"

"Shoot me in the dick."

16. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Would you trade it for several months of this?

[​IMG]

17. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wouldn't trade AID's for several months of that.

18. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can never wrap my head around how snow even exists for months. Every time someone mentions how there is snow all winter my mind is just blown. The longest I have seen snow on the ground is a day and a half and it sucked. All that nice white snow becomes a gray/brown sludge. Give me my heat and humidity any day.

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wait. I would trade AIDS for several months of that. Like, if I had AIDS, I would trade it away for that. Or, did you mean something else by AID's? Although, I did see something in the news about a cure for the AIDS, so . . . confused.

Anyway, I am headed out towards a snow storm tomorrow. Dumb Georgia boy driving on snowy roads in Colorado tomorrow. This should be interesting.

20. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Like, I'd rather die a horrible AID's infested death than deal with snow for several months every year for the rest of my life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.