Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Snoop puts the Dogg down

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Renholder, Jul 31, 2012.

1. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Hard drugs: breakfast of champions. Thanks for clearing that up, Dixie. All these years I've been missing out on the glorious nectar of the gods known as black tar heroin topped with coke.

2. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I actually like Snoop, and think he's a talented man when he doesn't phone it in. (His verse on Gz Up Hoez Down from the Detox Chronicles V2 is the best I've heard him sound in a decade). However, 'I'm Bob Marley reincarnated?'. For the love of Jah Snoop. Bob Marley was a cultural and spiritual leader who encouraged his people to unite in order to avoid being exploited by external parties. Snoop sings that 'bitches ain't shit but hoe's and tricks' and suggests shooting people over their gang affiliation. I don't care how many reggae tracks he drops, Bob Marley he isn't.

3. Veovis

Veovis
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm betting this will be about as successful as Garth Brooks doing an album as Chris Gains.

And that was about as big of a shit as I can give. My best effort to care was a reference to country music and pop.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Snoop made "Doggystyle" and that's all I need to like him. Actually, it's one of the few reasons to like him but WHAT a reason. Possibly the best hip-hop album ever, I'll never forget being sixteen and hearing that album for the first time in my friends shitbox Toyota Tercell. Then hearing it 100 times more without ever growing tired of it. Next year will mark its 20th anniversary and acting (once again) like an asshole is no way to celebrate it.

Yes, Jamaican weed is strong. So is Canadian, Dutch Thai and Pakistani. Nothing in the soil down there makes it more special, much like Snoop. He is not the reincarnation of one of my top three music artists. Bob Marley would have NEVER appeared in Soul Plane, and he's the Soul Rebel.

So does this mean Don "The Magic" Juan finally doesn't follow him around like a retarded puppy anymore? I would pay money to have somebody drive a loaded cement truck back and forth over that fucking tool's body.

5. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

It was Snoop Doggy Dogg. So Snoop Dogg was, somehow, an improvement. Snoop Lion is just a lateral move.