Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Sleep Oddities

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bundy Bear, Jan 6, 2010.

1. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've had sleep disturbances as long as I can remember. Sleep walking as a kid. My mom would hear me banging around the living room, or trying to get out the door, during the witching hour. After my father died I kept having recurring dreams, but that's expected. Once, somehow, I must have slept face down with both arms under me. In the morning my mom told me I was screaming at the top of my lungs, almost in tears that I couldn't feel my arms. ZERO recollection of this. When I hit puberty everything just stopped.

Fast forward to my 20s. After my friend died I started talking in my sleep. Just nonsense, sometimes shouting. More than a couple times my girl at the time had to restrain me from choking her. I also kicked her and another girl I dated later out of the bed (separate occasions). Toss and turned like mad. Totally fitful, miserable sleep. That went on for a couple years. I had sleep paralysis once. Mid-dream I woke up, unable to do anything but moan like a stroke victim as this green apparition floated through the room, dissolving in front of me. I finally "woke up" and just went back to sleep.

A few months ago I had a bout of night terrors. Could not wake myself up out of the dreams, though I remember quite lucidly I was trying to force myself awake. It was like being locked in. Now that's some gnarly shit. The other stuff is kind of funny because I'm not conscious for it.

2. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Considering the amount of blow you freely admit to snorting I'm surprised you manage a) functional sleep and b) maintaining an erection.

Focus:I'm an occasional sleep fucker. The first time it happened I was at a co-workers house and she had recently broken up with her boyfriend. After a few beers she attempted to seduce me and I refused, not wanting to be the rebound guy. I did agree to stay the night though.

Well around 2 a.m. I wake up with an all too familiar feeling, that of an orgasm. I open my eyes and I'm balls deep in her pounding away from behind while spooning. According to her, I started getting frisky and promptly went to town up in her poonanny, talk about your wonderful wake up calls. She had no idea I was asleep at all.

3. PrimaryDisorder

PrimaryDisorder
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Apparently I'm a "humper". I grind my crotch into the mattress while I'm sleeping according to my wife.

This was later confirmed by my sister --who told me that when I was younger and used to fall asleep in front of the TV, I would start grinding the floor and the entire family would laugh at me as I slept.

Nice.

4. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You are lucky that REALLY happens to you, I used to use that excuse all the time when I would bang fat ugly chicks.

5. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am like this too. If I am sleeping with someone, they can't touch me. Not when I am asleep, not as I fall asleep, never. Unless they want sex. Then it is fair game.

But penis must be touched first.

6. WASPnest

WASPnest
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I strongly disagree.

[​IMG]

7. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, this started happening to me a couple months ago and I'm at a loss for explanation. Usually I don't remember my dreams, but these ones are vivid and usually leave me sweating for a couple of minutes. About once or twice a month I'll go to bed, and in the middle of my dream I'll be walking somewhere or trying to do something, but I involuntarily start to spin and can't stop. You know how when you're drunk you don't mean to stagger, but it seems like the world is just kinda moving around you and you can't stop doing it? Same deal, except the world is moving in random orbits around me. Let me tell you, it gets annoying, then downright scary when every 2 seconds you have to throw your arms out and turn 360 degrees, almost like a compulsion. Usually I'll wake up after getting sufficiently freaked out. The room spins for like 30 seconds - I'm not sure if I can move very much during that period, it usually seems dangerous to try.

Other than insomnia, this is the first sleep disorder I've experienced, as I'm usually a very deep sleeper. Anyone have any clue what this could be? It's freaky as all hell and I've never heard of it before. I'm thinking something with the inner ear maybe?

8. Dyson004

Dyson004
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I was laughing at all the folks in the thread who are scared of spiders until I looked at my window and remembered something that happened years ago. I was 16 or so, and my bed was against the far wall, right beside the window. I dreamed that a large spider was crawling all over me, and then crawled onto the window behind the blinds. I bolted awake, looked at where I dreamed the spider was and proceeded to put my fist through the window. I think the plan was to squish the spider, but why I used my fist, I don't know. I was really lucky that it was an old style window with the wooden grid that split up the window, so I actually only punched out the bottom right corner.

The only other thing is that happens has been mentioned; I end up with my arms around whoever is in bed with me.

9. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

You're limber enough to do way more than that for yourself.

10. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

so no major oddities of late. as a teenager though my mother told me i slept walked but this has not occurred in adulthood. strangest part of the teenage sleep years is that every few weeks i'd wake up with bruises, scratches and aching muscles not so the night before. never figured out if that was in my head or on the for real.

11. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

You know how you know you're an alcoholic? You drink in your sleep (kinda).

I was on vacation a few summers back with my family in Orange Beach, AL. I had been drinking beer all day, and drank a bunch of wine at dinner, and then had a bunch of whiskey after dinner. Needless to say, I was a little fucked up later that night while we were all sitting around the condo conversing before we went to sleep. I was having none of that however- I fall asleep sitting in a recliner with my drink in my hand, dead to the world, when all of a sudden I am soaking wet and covered in bourbon.

I started sputtering and yelling, trying to figure out what the hell just happened. I see my brother and his wife on the other side of the room, laughing their asses off. At first, I get all pissy, thinking that they had just poured a drink on my face. But as I wake up fully, I realize that it would have been impossible for them to do that from where they are in the room, and they start to explain.

Apparently, as I was passed out, my drinking hand started slowly and steadily making its way higher towards my mouth as they watched in sick fascination. When the glass reached my lips, they said I paused for a moment, snored once, then dumped the entire drink in my own face.

12. cllrbone11

cllrbone11
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I do this every now and then, but it's only when I'm trying to take a nap and the girlfriend is in bed with me. I'll be almost asleep when I kick or convulse and wake us both up. However, she does it too sometimes so I guess it evens out.

13. _RL

_RL
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I've been sleep walking and sleep talking all my life. I've had full conversations and arguments with friends and relatives, and I have no recollection doing such things.

The most recent sleep walking episode I had was a few months ago. According to my girlfriend, she awoke to me standing on her side of the bed, hovering over her with a devilish look on my face. She asked me what I was doing, and I said "Consider yourself warned", turned on the lights, and went to bed. It kind of freaked her out, and I don't blame her.

One sleep walking event that I've done dozens of times is where I think there is a snake in my bed and I meticulously look for it. I can't explain this one, other than the fact that I hate (read:afraid of) snakes.

I was a bed-wetter until about the age of 9, and I had some pretty bizarre wet dreams leading to the inevitable urine pool. One dream that I remember best is that I was walking to the bathroom to take a piss. I aimed at the toilet, and the piss ricocheted off of the toilet, went over my shoulder, through the hallway, and landed on my bed. I woke up from that dream drenched in piss.

I also managed to get a large amount of Fun Dip powder in my ear in my sleep, giving my inner-ear a permanent green color, when I was 10. I was laying in bed one night eating from Fun Dip and just fell asleep. When I awoke, it felt like I had sand in my ear. I still get asked about it at the doctor's office ("Did someone stick a highlighter in your ear, son?").

I just hope that I don't end up like this guy.

14. Psychodyne

Psychodyne
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Yep...same here. It used to happen to me a lot when I was younger. These days it only happens once in a great while.

I don't snore, or anything like that, but I talk in my sleep. Well, I have at least once. After I drifted off to a pleasant sleep on New Years Eve (I'm sure I didn't pass out) the group I was with put in Return of the Jedi, and apparently I started quoting it...while asleep. The Dork is strong in this one...

15. Bob Trousers

Bob Trousers
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Years ago I was in bed with my girlfriend at the time, when she stopped snoring and started to grumble in her sleep. I gently ask her if she's ok, and get the reply:

"He wanks the nipple-then he nipples himself! Ahahahahahahahahah!!!!"

16. Sherwood

Sherwood
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The whole-body-convulsion is called a "hypnic jerk" <a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk</a> which I'm surprised nobody brought up considering I learned that on the old board. Dumbasses.

My old roommate used to mumble in his sleep whenever he got drunk. Just 10 seconds of "grumble mumble mmf grumble raooarrr, grrrr" before falling back asleep. Except one time:

"Grumble mmfff, mumble FUCK YOU!!!!! grumbmumble grum mumblebleb."

17. cllrbone11

cllrbone11
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I keep forgetting things. In addition to my weird sounds, I have had grunting conversations with other sleeping people in the room, notably my roommate (to the amusement of the third roommate) and my brother. One morning my current roommate told me that the night before I had told him I was going to "Get in the and hurt you." I felt pretty bad about that one.

Edit: I think I was drunk and not asleep when I threatened my roommate. Close enough.

18. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Jesus. Please don't tempt ghettoastronaut with a challenge like this. He won't stop wiki-posting for days.

19. Ballsack-3.0

Ballsack-3.0
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Hey, don't act like you've never done it.

The only bad part is that one time when my hand was asleep, I accidently put it on my buddy's cock instead of my own. He woke up and I had to beat him up for being a faggot.

20. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Funny you mentioned this. For as long as I can remember, I haven't had any regular sleep disturbances. People who have slept with me get a little weirded out by the fact that I don't move AT ALL during sleep (seriously, whatever position I fall asleep in I stay in all night long, unless I wake up or something) and I am a quiet breather. "Like sleeping next to a corpse" is how I've heard it described.

The only time this varies is after I experience a loss of some sort. When my Grandpa died, I had the "bathroom dream" every night for two weeks. You know, you genuinely think you're in the bathroom and then you pee...but then you wake up covered in cold piss. That's right--I wet the bed for two weeks straight at age sixteen. Thank God for living in the Deep South...all of those room fans came in handy while drying out the mattress. I also sleep-cried, which disturbed my parents. I would wake up with swollen eyes and have no idea that I had woken eveyone up with my sobs the night before.

This happened when a friend from high school died in a car crash, and when I thought that my cat had been killed by wild animals. According to my parents, I also did this when I was very little over the loss of my favorite stuffed animal (Dad accidentally left it in a hotel room in Maui) but they attributed the bed-wetting to my age at the time.

The fact that some part of me chooses to process emotions in my sleep is a bit disturbing. But now that I know, I guess it's a good thing? Obviously, one of my five stages of grief needs to include putting plastic sheets on my mattress.