Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Should women be THIS self-conscious?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dcc001, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Rush posted this in the other thread, but it seemed more appropriate to reply in this one.

I thought about what this is for about five minutes, then I realized the obvious: This is what happens when nearly our entire cultural history has primarily valued women for their appearance. From the moment girls start to understand language and images we tell them that being pretty is the most important thing they can be; is it any wonder that by the time they become women most are very self-conscious about their bodies?

In regard to labias and vulvas, I think this particular hang-up is being partially driven by the fact that cosmetic surgery is becoming more and more mainstream; the idea that going under the knife to change a part of your body is pretty normal nowdays, so the idea of going under the knife to get one's genitals altered doesn't seem so far out there anymore.

2. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Maybe I'm weird in this regard, or maybe this is how everybody thinks --

There are definitely really pretty pussies out there (and what that means might be different for everyone), and there are ones that just don't have much aesthetic value, but neither extreme really means very much. It doesn't influence my attraction any and it doesn't make the sex better or anything. I guess the same is true of dicks? Like, having a pretty one is "cool for you", but outside of a fleeting appreciation, it doesn't mean every much, in the long run.

I do get irrationally annoyed when women (or men) assume that people should be so thrilled to have sex with them that anything is acceptable.

3. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Killing it Nom

I personally don't find vaginas aesthetically pleasing. I appreciate what they're about and what they stand for, and it certainly has no effect on my willingness to get down to bidness, but I'm never like "Damn that vagina is gorgeous, I'm turned on." Genitals are functional tools that provide extreme pleasure, but there are far for erotic parts of a woman's body from a visual perspective for me.

I don't think a vagina would ever turn me off necessarily, but there is that "stigma" that a woman's vagina gets more pronounced and "outtie" due to extreme use. I don't think that's necessarily fair, but some people are idiots.

Last point is great. It's also along the lines of thinking that just cause guys have expectations for what a girl might look like in the nude it is objectification and abhorrent. My whole thinking has been that if you take care of yourself (eat right, exercise, groom well) you have the right to expect the same of others. You don't have to look like an airbrushed Maxim model, but I'm not out of line to be turned on by you taking care of yourself and vice versa

4. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So you're saying you'll fuck kimchee or limburger cheese, but you won't eat it?

5. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's not what everyone else does?

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dixiebandit should LOVE this large labia site linked in the article:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[rnsfw][​IMG][/rnsfw]

7. R_Flagg

R_Flagg
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

What he said... I just see a profound difference between putting my face/tongue in something and sticking my dick in it. My dick can't taste or smell.

8. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't know if this makes me extremely lucky, but I've never come across a noticeably ugly vagina. I once came across a particularly beautiful one, and I spent so long with my face buried in it that I wanted to shrink down and just live in there forever, but it's the only one that produced a reaction any different than "Oh awesome, a naked vagina all for me!".

This topic is just another reason why it sucks to be a girl, and makes me even more grateful that y'all haven't given up and told us all to fuck off. But the thing is, regarding vaginas particularly, I don't know where the pressure comes from. I've had many female friends tell me about girls nights that involved dropping trou and comparing coochies (all looking, no touching, sadly), but it was out of curiousity, not cattiness. As for guy talk, I can only think of one guy ever who had a story about an irregular looking vag, and he still fucked it...happily.

Also, from ma blog:

9. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey, anyone ever pull the meat curtains around their ears and play Little Red Riding Hood?

Just me?

I'll be moving along then.

10. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've never considered the fact that my vagina may be unattractive. I trim back the hair in that area and wash myself regularly, so I don't worry about it really. Also, I'm more self-conscious about my body when I have my clothes on. I like to wear clothes that flatter me and my body image comes from how a shirt makes me look or if I have a muffin top in a pair of jeans. If I've gotten to the point where my shirt or pants are off, I'm more focused on the task of having sex than what my body looks like. During sex, my only worry is that a guy doesn't think I'm putting the effort in. I'm too preoccupied with that to worry if my vagina is pleasurable.

11. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do y'all really want me to chime in on this?

12. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Attached Files:

13. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not really, theres always an outside who skews the average.

14. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They really don't want me to chime in on this.

15. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pray tell.

16. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't understand how anyone is supposed to see anything with all the lights off and their eyes closed too tight to let the tears fall out.

17. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

[​IMG]

18. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Who is this "they" you speak of?

19. MadDocker

MadDocker
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

You should all post pics of your vaginas and we'll judge them for you. This way you'll know what the guy is probably thinking next time you're naked.

You're welcome.

20. slothers

slothers
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The only thing a girl really has to worry about is whether it smells or tastes funky. Also keeping the area trimmed or shaven. Other than that, there really is not much offense to it. You hear about the meet curtains, or that NASTY picture someone posted earlier under a NSFW tag, but in reality, I think guys would be happy to go down on any girl and make out with her cooter as long as it does not smell. Taste is a bit more subjective, I have really never tasted anything funky, but one time I went down on a girl, it seemed a bit more acidic. It was very noticeable on my tongue.

The more interesting part I have discovered is that some girls have vaginas that feel differently depending on the sexual position. And that does not matter either, unless there is a gremlin inside that bites off the tip of my penis... like that one movie (searched to find the name).

Attached Files: