Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Shooting in Washington

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Sep 16, 2013.

1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Lets keep this topic to one specific thread please.

Last I read 12 confirmed dead and 2 of what they think is 3 suspects, either dead or in custody.

I find it a mysterious coinkinydink that the team that took down the Boston Bomber is invloved somehow (target?? dunno still weird though). But, maybe that's just my brain playing tricks on me.

Correction: 1 of 2 suspects is dead the other is on the run.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

What's the over/under on media politcal opportunism? 6 hours?

3. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I say less than that.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Take it away, Alex Jones. Educate us about this latest "false flag".

5. The Dread Pirate

The Dread Pirate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

How could a shooting happen in DC? Guns are banned there! It's illegal!

I am waiting for the media to make a big deal about the shooter's race, as if it was factor.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I always wondered why they don't just make it illegal to break the law. Criminals will have nowhere to turn then .

7. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I swear, defenders of gun rights are some of the stupidest fucking knuckle-draggers around. It's no wonder a large segment of the educated population dismisses gun advocates and there is little in the way of productive, moderate gun control discussion.

I'm not against guns, but the fact that the response to this event is "derp, guns are banned, that means gun control advocates are stupid" is astonishing.

...annd let the red dots flow.

8. The Dread Pirate

The Dread Pirate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Because gun control works about as well as the ban on drugs. It's comical for anyone who understands the reality of gunfighting and how real violence works. Imagine seeing a huge car wreck on the news and hearing a million people who have only seen cars in movies try to write highway legislation. You'd have a ban on spoilers and any car with NOS, instead of mandated seat belts and standardized road signs.

9. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

WHOOSH.

I guess I should thank you for basically supporting my point.

10. ODEN

ODEN
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What exactly is your point again? Your comment, while having nothing to do with the event, skipped the entire gun control discussion and headed straight for flame territory. That is not moderate gun control discussion.

EDIT: Lucky for you, it appears that our reasoned and educated friends you identify with will make efforts to renew the gun control debate. Has it been 6 hours yet?

11. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The point is there can be no moderate discussion when the starting point is so mind bogglingly ridiculous as the above.

Anyway, I realize this was flame bait, I just couldn't stop myself. I will bow out. And I didn't say the polar opposite was right, either, nor did I say I identified with them. Read closer.

12. The Dread Pirate

The Dread Pirate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

So let me sum up your thesis here:

"Gun rights advocates point out that active shooters persist in states with strict gun control because it widens the disparity of force between the shooter/victims and lessens the probably of resistance, increasing the feeling of power/control felt by the shooter (therefore, increasing incentives). This argument is dumb because most morons know this at a base level but are unable to articulate it. The fact someone I percieve as less educated has a good point annoys me so we can't have a real discussion about the merits of their claim."

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

DRINK!

14. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

ODEN, how long was this thread active before a gun advocate posted something implying that gun control advocates are stupid? 3 hours? Don't pretend like there is only one side that blathers on stupidly and takes moments like this and try to turn it into a political opportunity. Both sides do it, both sides are great at it. At the end of the day, in my humble opinion, both sides can fuck off.

Imma go watch football, now.

15. erk33

erk33
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Please enlighten us on "the reality of gunfighting and how real violence works". What exactly are your credentials?

16. The Dread Pirate

The Dread Pirate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm one of six FD medics assigned to support the police special operations team for a medium size agency in the National Capital Reigon. I've trained with Paul Howe, Pat Rogers, Travis Haley, Craig Douglas, and a number of other nationally recognized instructors, participated in live fire shoothouses as well as force on force training, and treated dozens of real gunshot wounds.

17. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What else?

18. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Get out of here with that logic nonsense. I just want my surgically attached bear arms as I was promised.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Your country needs a new Constitution. One that wasn't written centuries ago in a time where you needed a gun because you shot your food with it. That will never happen, but it would show progression instead of using it and the amendments as a finisher for every argument considering they were written when people thought that witches were still a major threat to society.

But... It's still not my territory. America is The Gun Country. Nobody comes even remotely close so an outsider can't truly relate. But I think that we can all agree at least that your country has a serious problem with gun violence. THAT goes without argument.

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why do you think there is so much hate and legislation thrown at the AR15 these days? It's the "black" rifle. Black is evil and Dianne Feinstein is racist.