Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Shark Week

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Revengeofthenerds, Aug 1, 2011.

1. sartirious

sartirious
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

My sister came over last night to watch Shark Week, because she doesn't have Discovery Channel at her house. I made her use the TV in the basement den because I was too busy playing BlackOps on the PS3. I remember really enjoying the first Shark Week when Mythbusters did it, but that's the only time I remember enjoying it.

Blowin' shit up >> nonstop shark-on-shark action.

2. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Shark Week in our house comes once every month for five straight days and seems to be my husband's least favourite thing in the world.

[​IMG]

3. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck sharks. In fact, fuck the entire ocean. The ocean is like the world's biggest cave full of cave monsters. If I were a giant, I would make my first act to designate myself the Department of Sea Monster Killing and go do that.

[​IMG]

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

5. rbz90

rbz90
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

How do I feel about sharks? Well, I think we're giving the chinese less flack for keeping those bastards in their place. You come bite some surfers leg off in 3 feet of water we'll find your family and eat their fins.

6. Chirpy

Chirpy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This is a pretty funny article from the perspective of the shark. Awesome.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.funnyordie.com/lists/bf0ccb80c3/5-things-sharks-find-offensive-about-shark-week" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.funnyordie.com/lists/bf0ccb8 ... shark-week</a>

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That market for shark fin way out does the relatively few shark bite deaths a year. Shit is terrible. I don't know if they cover it on shark week but shark finning is a huge concern. One of my few lib causes.

8. cdite

cdite
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Focus: I got drunk about a month back and in that process downloaded a movie called Sharktopus ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1619880). Being drunk I figured it couldn't be any worse than the other direct to Sci-Fi Channel movies out there, wrong. Half shark half squid ( despite the octopus suggested name ), had spikes growing from its gills for no reason and while jumping out of the water or attacking those on land with its tentacles it roared with the lungs it shouldn't have. Oh it also had a collar that was installed by the US Military ( they designed it) and that allowed them to control it while tailing enemy ships without being tracked, Sharktopus is pretty much my favorite shark.

9. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

BEHOLD!

[​IMG]

10. Flagrant

Flagrant
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I just googled Sharktopus, and found this gem. Spoilered for awesome.

[​IMG]