Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Shameless season 5

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Back on now. It's weird seeing Frank sober (for five minutes) though he's still a fucking asshole. Mickey is still hilarious with every line and Fiona is still skanking up at everything with a dick and a pulse. Old formulas work best.

Frank's home-brew beer certainly LOOKED mouth-watering, I will say. I also wish Jimmy-Steve stayed dead. He annoyed me, and it's only a matter of time before he's always around again. Law of TV: if you don't see them die on screen, they're NOT DEAD.

2. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well yeah, I could have told you he wouldn't be dead. I don't mind him so much. I will say that the last season with him not around was one of my favorites. The only thing that annoys me about last/this season is Sammi and Chuckie. I can't stand either of those characters, especially the kid. But I think that might be the point.

3. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One of my favorite shows, although watching Frank be a drunk asshole is part of the fun, sober Frank is just depressing as hell.

And I'll second becoming quickly tired of Sammi and her shit accent, maybe she'll get hit with a car too.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Svetlana looking directly into the baby's eyes while telling Kev how she'd like to smash its head apart with a hammer was my TV high point of the week. Jesus, I DIED.

Fat Kid And Crazy Baglady Mom need to fuck off forever. Also, Im waiting to see what sort of scam Lip will of course cook up with his work crew.

5. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So I rewatched the last episode of last season and realized the chick who is always coming into the diner is the one who was in the car with Jimmy/ Steve. Did everyone else catch onto this right away?

6. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I had totally missed that

7. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yup me too, he has to make an appearance at some point, although why they felt the need to bring him back I have no idea.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

And of course when he comes back, he'll demand Fiona run into his arms and as sure as you're born.... She will. Even though she's now Queen Skank Of Chicago.

Mickey, Ian and Svetlana need their own spin-off show. They devour the scenery together and steal practically every episode.

9. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I bet she won't this time
    because she's all married and shit

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Oh yeah. That blessed union is meant to last. *snicker* How long before she fucks around on Beard dude? And will it be his brother, or perhaps his dad this time?

11. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm also not totally sold on Deb raping that dude. I just think she's too far gone with the lie that fessing up would look even worse for her in some fucked up way.

I also think guitar dude is probably as fucked up as she is. But dem titties tho.

12. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My initial thought was Robert Downey Jr's quote from Kiss Kiss Bang Bang: "If I was too drunk to remember, how did I ever get it up?"

But her reaction in the morning was too geniune and organic, unless she completely was confused as to what sex actually constituted, but I find that hard to believe.

I kind of like the twist in Lip's storyline with him bonding with his gf's dad and him being motivated from an engineering/academic sense. But I can see that either turning into him fucking it up or disappearing all together, so I won't get my hopes up.

The throwaway of Carl doing flashcards to learn drug terminology was probably the funniest part of the entire episode.

13. SMUGolfer

SMUGolfer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Goddamn did Lip and Ian have great scenes this week. Fiona and Frank are the central leads but it has been a pleasure to watch the siblings, Lip in particular, grow and flesh out their personalities. I don't think this show will ever win awards because of the subject material but it is a must watch for me.

My only gripe is that JimmySteve arc seemed contrived. It served its purpose of forcing Fiona to grow up but there could have been so much more there and now how it's playing out with Gus isn't satisfying.

14. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sammy needs to get fucked with a fist covered in glass shards infected with AIDS.

15. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am pretty sure Sammy is going to have something happen to her in the next couple of episodes. That woman has just been having her way with the Gallaghers all season.

16. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Which is my point, they destroy anyone who fucks with them yet she walks freely through the shit show. Kill her now please.

17. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought Mickey might just shoot her in the face right away. I started twitching with rage at that final scene. The awkwardness of Liam and Mickey singing was quickly overrided.

Lip's story arc is pretty awesome. Cliche at times, but seeing him finally "get it" is cool. I also thought the scene where he thought hot prof's husband was a medical doctor when he was a phd in theology was hilarious. Made me think about how we were forced to call my grade school/middle school principal "Dr. Silvers" and were firmly scolded or reprimanded if we called her "Mrs. Silvers" because she was an ESTEEMED doctor of education.

18. Nirvana

Nirvana
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'll echo what everyone else said about Sammy. That biatch has got to go, and I'm surprised the Micky didn't kill her right then and there.

Does anyone else want to like Debbie? She seems like she could be an alright girl, but she's just such a dumbass most of the time.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Fucking with any Milkovich family member is a death sentence. She's either going to be dead in the streets or too scared to ever come back and be a cunty shit disturber.

20. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Meaning she's portrayed pretty accurately as a teenage girl?