Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Shameless Season 4

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Flat_Rate, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know how the new season came out and I missed it but I haven't watched the first 2 yet. Anyone else watching?

[​IMG]

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Just watched ep. 2, Kevin is just fucking owning it. He's one of the most likeable characters on TV, easily.

Is Lip trying out for a Duran Duran cover band? It was painful to watch his strikeouts. Still, he looks straight-up gay 80's. And Frank, my GOD does he look like he's actually dying. Fiona had no reason to lie about the car, she got attacked. You know her boyfriend will screw he somehow eventually.

The casual shock value of this show is so impressive. They pull no punches whatsoever but its done in such a "So what?" way only makes it more palatably real.

3. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Frank looks like shit, it's insane how Macy pulls that off. That being said I really like the drunk Frank, here is hoping he scams a new liver and falls off the wagon.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

No more booze. I'm just going straight drugs now.

5. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've only seen the first ep so far, but goddamn do I love how Emmy Rossum gets naked. So good.

6. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Its weird. This show is kind of personal for me as its a more severe version of how my Mom grew up, except she had a mother around. But though they are trying to set him up for some sort of sympathy storyline with Carl, I'm kind of the whole "fuck Frank" camp. Cause really, he has shown no sympathy or humanity throughout the show.

Lip is awkward as shit right now. Its amusing seeing him out of his element and struggling a bit, though pull it together dude. I look forward to him dropping his hardass schtick and adapting. And thanks writers for subjecting us to a graphic account of his whaling adventures. Also, the chick from the neighborhood he macked on had some of the worst skin I've seen on screen.

7. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

"To my faggoty fag of a daughter, Alan, I leave my gun collection.....in hopes that he will blow his brains out before choking on another AIDS cock"

8. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Carl would say hi but he is getting his dog drunk.

9. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fiona is such a fucking whore. I mean really. She could have totally pushed him off.

Is this the part of the show where they make the female character completely unlikable? A piece of trailer trash with absolutely no self control or self respect?

10. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

She fucking DID....for a few seconds, then proceeded to rip her stockings open at the crotch.

What the fuck is up with Debbie's 20-year-old boyfriend?? I can't figure out if he's gay but trying not to be (in which case he's a scumbag for using a 13-year-old to try to get over his love for the cock), weirded out by her age (but then why let hold hands with her and let her sleep in his bed), or just really socially awkward and/or a virgin (but again, scumbag).

11. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know this show is supposed to be edgy and "shameless" as the name suggests, but I don't get that either. The minute she told him she was 13, that should have been the end of it. It's a weird angle for the show and I don't know where they are taking it.

I'd also really like to see Lip do better in college already. I'm tired of the struggle.

12. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think its the latter. I think he knows its wrong, but also is akward as fuck and doesn't get much attention, so he's conflicted as to whether to just shut it down. Either way, its weird and uncomfortable.

As far as Fiona, I don't think its to make her unlikeable, I think its to show how truly fucked up she is by her childhood and how she has an uneasiness about stability and successful relationships, even if she aspires to more. Look at Steve, their best periods were when stuff was all over the place and messed up.

13. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I gotta think that the end point of this Debbie story is the dude being arrested as a pedophile, right?

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Fiona's skank demons unleash their fury in the most inappropriate ways. Jesus Christ she's been a tool lately.

Mickey is absolutely fucking hilarious, always. That fact that he's a fearless sociopath combined with his unfiltered vulgar dialogue makes him the funniest character on the show. Although Kev is my favourite character, Mickey should get his own spinoff because of how goddamn hilarious his mouth is. His sister is a great character too, I often pity Mandy because even though she's a murderous whore she has rich veins of decency. And she's hot as shit.

I hope things look up for Lip. It looks like its starting that way, but his temper is so goddamn weird you never know when or how he'll shit the bed next. On the other hand: Frank is going through hell and back, but can you think of a character who deserves it more than him?

15. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As I watched her get fucked again by her boyfriend's ginger loser brother, I regretted the mild defense I wrote on her behalf. She's just been fucking terrible and using the laziest excuses. Fucking own it or stop whining everytime you let it happen again.

I personally liked the old Mandy more, but Mickey is absolutely amazing. He's underrated for his foul mouthed creativity.

I'm glad the episode ended for Lip like it did. I didn't need another Good Will Hunting-esque cliche and another douchebag professor. I was ready to punt my computer when he suggested knocking Mandy up.

I really hoped his daughter was just going to stab Frank. Fucking douche.

16. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So .....
    the kid is brain dead from the coke and some how Frank gets some of his liver? And Monica's craziness is genetic.

Just a thought

17. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was one of the most emotionally uncomfortable and moving episodes in the series. I could hardly watch the scene where Fiona was stripped and searched and Frank in the hospice was just terrible depressing as well, even as unlikeable as Frank is. Also, the scene with Frank and his doctor had a weird emotional tinge.

I think my favorite line was Mike telling Fiona that he never wanted to see her again cause too many times things just have seemed to work out. And she needs a fucking wake up call that being hot and a hustler isnt enough when you act like a shithead.

18. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wasn't sure if she was going to tell Mike that it was her brother's coke or not. I normally find Fiona to be somewhat likable. She works really hard and cares deeply for her family. And yea, she did sleep around a bit in previous seasons but it wasn't technically infidelity. Here, she had absolutely no good reason to behave the way she did. The only indication that she was kinda sorta bored with him was that really brief facial expression at the very beginning of the season.

I wonder if they will really kill Frank this season or if they will pull something ridiculous that gets him a liver.