Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Shameless: Season 3

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

In case you didn't know, our favourite family of lowlifes is back on TV. I liked the first episode.

2. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's like taking a shit backwards.

3. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Estefania is still criminally hot. It took me a second to realize that was Marco that got popped in the face. I initially thought it was some random dude and then thought about how ridiciulous an end that would be for the guy. Steve/Jimmy's face while being splattered with blood was pretty awesome.

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Jesus Christ, that episode was wall-to-wall awesome. One of the best the show ever had. That bodyguard ghosting Jimmy-Steveis freakin' hilarious, and I'm really starting to love that cute-trashy goth girl Lip is fuck buddies with. Best of all:

"So, you got any fuck left in ya or did ya dump it all in that faggot's ass?"

5. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ah, the lovely Emmy Rossum in the shower. I love when they do that.

Did V not already know Kev was married? Wasn't there a whole thing with their fake wedding 'cause he was already married?

6. bean

bean
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Dammit! I was just thinking how nice it was that dumb whore blonde was gone.

7. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You were saying?

8. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm so glad that happened. Karen is terrible.

My parents just found out about this show, so I've been watching it from the first season with them.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHORGASMIC.

"Don't forget to check for hair behind the grill!"

...I thought that dumpster-spawned gash was going to be such a permanent thorn on this fucking show. That was like all my Christmases happening at exactly the same time.
    WORST. TV CHARACTER. EVER.

...Of course, she could still be alive. Find out next week!

Also, Jimmy-Steve's bodyguard/shadow guy is awesome. I sincerely hopes he lasts past this season, he always has hilarious and witty comments/responses in every scene he's in.

10. bean

bean
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Of course she's still alive! Garbage doesn't just go away even when you run it over! Plus there has to be more cell phone/teenage drama. That family is funny as shit though, even scarier than the original UK ones I think..

11. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm catching up on season three and as fucked up as this show is and every character, the honesty between Fiona and the other kids and V and Kev is pretty heartwarming. No matter how screwed up the situation is, they don't hold back from each other. Lies can be told to any and every person out there but there is nothing held back between Fiona, Lip, Ian, Debbie, Carl, V and Kev.

That closeness and honesty is truly the only shining, happy element of what I feel is one of if not the most disturbing show I've ever watched. It completely makes it work.

I've watched some dark shows and moments of Breaking Bad have been brutal and lots of shows have moments where you ask the question, "Is this as dark as it gets?" This show raises that question and then some almost every episode.

12. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So. Jimmy/Steve has gotta be dead, right? I'm getting tired of him anyway. Boss guy would be alright for a season, he was a good douchebag on "Greek".

13. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He has to be, I was getting tired of it as well, had to end at some point.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Dream on. He's getting out of it somehow. We thought Cunty McCunt was dead two weeks ago.... snake eyes. She IS a drooling idiot, at least.

Frank actually did a good deed, holy shit. Granted he probably did it for the free room and board in the cell, but what the hell it was classy.

15. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

From the preview of next week I really hope they don't try and give Frank a sober storyline, part of the reason the show is so good is that Frank is a drunk degenerate.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Since we're only in season three, I figure he'll probably relapse a time or ten until the show ends. I think what they're trying to do is slowly....very slowly....rebuid his family relationship one at a time. The main focus with him this season is how he's connecting with Karl for the firs time, which is easy for him because they're both criminally insane and evil. Karl in a good way (ginger camp counsellor HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO).

I didn't think an actor like Macy (who IS a great one) could sell a role like this so well, but my GOD does he sell it.

17. mekka

mekka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The rules of TV: if they're going to kill a major character, they're going to do it at the end of one episode and not at the beginning of the next. There's no point in keeping Jimmy/Steve alive if he's just going to talk his way out at the end of the next episode since it will just be an annoying diversion more than anything. If he was going to die, it was going to be at the end of the last episode.

Beyond that, I think Jimmy completing med school and 'rescuing' the family is the endgame for the series as a whole. These serial drama don't last a hell of a long time, and at 5 seasons they have to be at least thinking about how the family winds up. I also kind of think Lip is in for an unhappy ending.

18. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I was thinking that we go into the next episode, which is the season finale, just not seeing Jimmy/Steve. Fiona won't know where he is or what's happened and she's worried the whole episode. We could either not see him again, or at the end of the finale we get a cut to him bound and gagged on the boat on his way to Columbia or something like that.

19. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Goodbye Jimmy/Steve.

20. Nirvana

Nirvana
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Where the hell was Frank going!?