Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Sept. 19th is National Talk Like A Pirate Day!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Sep 19, 2012.

1. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

You people dropped the ball on this one!

What's your pirate name?

Mine is Iron Bess Rackham: A pirate's life isn't easy; it takes a tough person. That's okay with you, though, since you a tough person. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!

I was amused that it included rack.

I could not get the damn code to work properly for linking. WTF?

2. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Bloody William Flint: Every pirate lives for something different. For some, it's the open sea. For others (the masochists), it's the food. For you, it's definitely the fighting. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!

Damn right.

3. kindalas

kindalas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Iron Will Kidd

Sounds good implies things like rust and fool's gold.

I like it.

4. Psychodyne

Psychodyne
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Captain Jack Read: Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. Even through many pirates have a reputation for not being the brightest souls on earth, you defy the sterotypes. You've got taste and education. Arr!

Does that sound a little boring to anyone else? At least I don't have scurvy...

5. LadyLecter

LadyLecter
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Mad Grace Kidd: Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!

I like it.

6. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Get Lady Lecter, we're sisters or something.

Dirty Bess Kidd: You're the pirate everyone else wants to throw in the ocean -- not to get rid of you, you understand; just to get rid of the smell. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!

How did they know? There weren't even any questions about farts.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Dirty Harry Cash. You're the pirate everyone else wants to throw in the ocean -- not to get rid of you, you understand; just to get rid of the smell. You're musical, and you've got style if not flair. You'll do just fine. Arr!

I could not pick a cooler name if I wanted to. The cannons on my ship actually shoot smaller armed pirates out of them. And THEY have cannons. I'm that badass.

8. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Iron John Kidd

A pirate's life isn't easy; it takes a tough person. That's okay with you, though, since you a tough person. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!

Now which yon fool will be swabbin' my poopdeck with your mouth oar?!

#8 CharlesJohnson, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  9. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Black John Flint-Like anyone confronted with the harshness of robbery on the high seas, you can be pessimistic at times. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!

I guess it will do

10. cdite

cdite
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Mad Roger Vane: Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. You tend to blend into the background occaisionally, but that's okay, because it's much easier to sneak up on people and disembowel them that way.

11. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dirty John Flint: You're the pirate everyone else wants to throw in the ocean -- not to get rid of you, you understand; just to get rid of the smell. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!

Thats just a hilarious name.

12. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Bloody Charity Cash
    Every pirate lives for something different. For some, it's the open sea. For others (the masochists), it's the food. For you, it's definitely the fighting. You're musical, and you've got a certain style if not flair. You'll do just fine. Arr!

Oh, dear. It's like a window into my soul.

13. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Iron Mary Read
    A pirate's life isn't easy; it takes a tough person. That's okay with you, though, since you a tough person. Even though many pirates have a reputation for not being the brightest souls on earth, you defy the sterotypes. You've got taste and education. Arr!

Well, duh.

14. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Captain Sam Bonney- Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. You can be a little bit unpredictable, but a pirate's life is far from full of certainties, so that fits in pretty well. Arr!

Well looks like I'm the only captain so far.

15. archer

archer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Bloody Jack Roberts

Every pirate lives for something different. For some, it's the open sea. For others (the masochists), it's the food. For you, it's definitely the fighting. Two things complete your pirate persona: style and swagger. Maybe a little too much swagger sometimes -- but who really cares? Arr!

Can you ever have too much swagger?

I think not.

16. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    Bloody Tom Rackham

Every pirate lives for something different. For some, it's the open sea. For others (the masochists), it's the food. For you, it's definitely the fighting. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!

Apparently I'm shegirl's relative and I'm the same kind of pirate as archer.

17. Uziel

Uziel
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Mad Dog Rackham

Part crazy, part mangy, all rabid, you're the pirate all the others fear might just snap soon. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!

In reality, my crew and I already practice talk like a pirate day. Pilots love to hear us clear them for takeoff and landing on Sept 19th. My Pirate name is "One-Lung Willie" Since I collapsed a lung in Baghdad in 2004.

18. Assur

Assur
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

My pirate name was bestowed on me several years ago by some friends who established a pirate club (gang? gaggle? murder is probably preferred) after they were inspired to build small boats out of chloroplast signs and duct tape to drunkenly "sail" around our section of the Colorado River that we call a lake.

"Captain Snarky McSnarksalot".

I don't think I was supposed to be so pleased with the nickname.

19. numeric

numeric
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Iron James Bonney - A pirate's life isn't easy; it takes a tough person. That's okay with you, though, since you a tough person. You can be a little bit unpredictable, but a pirate's life is far from full of certainties, so that fits in pretty well. Arr!

Apparently I'm related to ssycko.

20. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    Mad Tom Rackham. Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. You have the good fortune of having a good name, since Rackham (pronounced RACKem, not rack-ham) is one of the coolest sounding surnames for a pirate. Arr!

It seems we have a few Tom Rackhams here...