Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

See? Real!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Psychodyne

Psychodyne
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I haven't had cereal since I was a kid, but my all time favorite was the infamous Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I could eat that every morning and be happy. In fact, the only times I didn't is when my mom was doing things like taking care of us, doing laundry, scrubbing floors, washing dishes, making supper, wishing for our untimely deaths, etc. and didn't get her bitch-ass to the store to buy more. In that unfortunate event, my go to was...Raisin Bran. I loved that stuff too for some reason. But it HAD to be Kellogg’s Raisin Bran, because they had two scoops of raisins, you see. All other Raisin Bran was shit.

2. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I didn't have just one. Corn Pops, Cocoa Krispies, Peanut Butter Captian Crunch and Frosted Shredded Mini Wheats. If I was feeling healthy there was always Grape Nuts. As a little kid this was my all time favorite.
    [​IMG]

3. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And if it's Sunday morning and we're making breakfast and spending the day in bed, it's maple bacon. Dear sweet baby Jesus is that stuff yummy.

I don't eat cereal either. My breakfast plate usually has four eggs and a mound of bacon on it.

4. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't even have a #1 favorite. I just alternate between Frosted Cheerios and Lucky Charms. Neither really takes precedence over the other. I did however just get into a box of Chocolate Cheerios, and that may force both of the former cereals into the backseat.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Shreddies with a bit of brown sugar is my go-to, #1, when-I'm-in-the-mood-for-cereal cereal.

Every now and then, though, I'll fall prey to Fruit Loops.

6. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Apple Jacks

[​IMG]

Corn Pops

[​IMG]

And when I am in the mood for something hot, grape nuts, milk, honey and a bit of sugar, in the microwave

[​IMG]

7. c_norris

c_norris
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The favorite is definitely Raisin Bran.

"Don't touch my TOTAL!"

But on topic, Honey Nut Cheerios.

8. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

After Frosted Flakes? Probably Cracklin' Oat Bran. Old people cereal FTW.

9. moddiddle

moddiddle
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Cereal is becoming increasingly expensive for me if I'm not careful to get the ones on sale(compared to pb&j sandwiches). As a result, it's almost never the same type one right after the other. Since I don't take vitamins of any kind, I usually make an effort to have it every day because cereal comes fortified with many vitamins and milk takes care of calcium.

#1: No mention of Golden Grahams?! I find "honey" cereals gives my milk the perfect tangy that's not too sweet nor too bland
    #2: I tried http://www2.kelloggs.com/ProductDetail.aspx?id=21712 Berry yogurt crunch and it was surprisingly good.

Cereal as a late night snack is great since its on the healthier side but also makes me sleepy.

10. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I also go with the Honey Nut Cheerios, however my second favorite is Clusters with some Grape Nuts added to it. Good shit.

Lately however, I've been having oatmeal with honey and blueberries mixed in. Try it. It's awesome.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I'm a Plain Jane with cereal because I know how evil (trying to kill you via poison) most of them are. I like Special K and Rice Krispies.

*yawn*

12. Bjornturoc

Bjornturoc
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

When I was younger I used to destroy my teeth with rice krispie treats cereal. That's right, rice TREATS cereal. It was hunks of little rice puffs, bonded together by dreams and sugar. Each box ought to have come with a syringe full of insulin. My second favorite though, had to be coco pops. It was this cereal I used to eat in Ireland when I'd visit my family there. Coco pebbles, but with a much better chocolate taste.

13. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Love me some Raisin Nut Bran.

When I was a kid, I went nuts over Cap'n Crunch, especially the Peanut Butter variety. I haven't thought of that in years, and now want some in the worst way. Wait til the wife sees THAT on the grocery list.

14. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

1. Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Easily the crack of the cereal world.
    2. Honey Bunches of Oats with Cinnamon Clusters. Also crack like, but not as much

In fact, I have some of both in the cupboard right now...I think I'll have a bowl.

15. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Has no one mentioned Multi Grain Cheerios? If you haven't tried them, take your ass to the store. Now.

Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds is a close second and if I'm in the mood for sugar, you can't ever go wrong with Froot Loops.

16. Beer Me

Beer Me
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rice Krispie Treats cereal. I go nuts over that, tastes like rice krispie cake, but in cereal form. They had it in Canada for a brief period of time in the 90s but it was discontinued. I buy some whenever I go to the US now. It brings out the kid in me.

17. KillaKam

KillaKam
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My all-time favorite.

Runners up are Peanut Butter Captain Crunch and Cocoa Pebbles. I'm trying to stay away from crap cereals for the most part, so there is usually some Multi Grain Cheerios or Frosted Mini Wheats in the cupboard these days.

18. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love me some frosted mini-wheats.

It's tasty AND keeps me regular.

19. Assur

Assur
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

All y'all are insane. Breakfast = breakfast tacos. I alternate between potato, egg & cheese and chorizo, egg & cheese, with salsa verde.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm not familiar with any of those cereals.