Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

SCREW YOU SANTA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Only if you want me to red-dot you into oblivion, you horribly spoiled whore. I still can't look at the catalogues without being overcome by a false sense of injustice. Bah.

Focus: A puppy. I have put it on my Christmas list every fucking year of my life. Every year, they shoot me down.

2. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Oh my god!!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.crown-darts.com/content/home.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.crown-darts.com/content/home.asp</a>

THE WEBSITE IS CALLED CROWN DARTS! THIS IS FATE!

3. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wanted one of these
    [​IMG]

But got one of these instead
    [​IMG]

This was when the Dreamcast had just come out. My brother and I had long stopped believing in Santa but my father in his wisdom thought that we needed the new technology. It turned out he didn't know shit about technology or video games and I was disappointed as hell because I didn't get the playstation and its vastly superior games. I know he was just trying to get us the newest thing and I felt horrible for being such a spoiled prick.

4. Slambrarian

Slambrarian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Also, if you want to go retro:

Jarts!
    or
    Slider Jarts

Focus: While I had a few smaller sets, I always wanted these (still do, since all of my old sets have gone MIA & would love to play with them again with my son when he gets a bit older):

[​IMG]

5. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Amendment: I had Felicity, because she rode horses, but American Girl stuck a knife in my heart and twisted it when they came out with Rebecca:

[​IMG]

She was the first Jewish American Girl Doll, and she lived in the Lower East Side in the early 1900s with her Russian immigrant family and I wanted her SO BADLY because that was my great-grandparents life. Her accessories were a collection of things from Coney Island, and a school set with a lunch of bagel and schmear, rugelach, and pickles, and a holiday set with challah. I thought it was HILARIOUS and awesome. I put her on my wish list that year. I was 20. For some reason, my dad didn't get me her. Life is so unfair.

Edit: And she's fucking wearing spats! GAHHHH.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What the fucks the obsession with lawn darts? They're toys that could be used to hurt people ZOMG!!!! We were so high in the 70's what were we thinking giving them to kids lollololol!!!!! Get the fuck out of here. I got guns for christmas. Usually I'd see something gawdy at a gun show like an AK, my dad always went with the sensible purchase. I didn't shoot any eyes out, yet.

I asked for and got a SNES when I was 5 or 6 from my grandparents. I screamed out with joy and boasted that it was like 200 dollars! As my parents looked red faced at my aunt and uncle who got shitty clothes and tool sets from their parents. Too many times I'd ask for games and end up getting a call weeks before christmas from Wal-mart where my mom or grand mom had to ask me what system I had, being totally technology retarded. This turned into straight cash or gift cards later on as they didn't like the hassle.

7. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Grandma, I hated sweaters.

I especially hate sweaters from a local retailer not found in my area, so the gift receipt doesn't help.

I must have graduated from sweaters, because I was soon getting ties. More specifically, themed ties - Snoopy, Xmas, Wildlife.

I'm glad you're dead.

8. Soonergal

Soonergal
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This thread reminded me of the email that I've gotten a couple of times around the Christmas season that includes this:

Focus: Every year, my grandmother would give me socks. Nothing else. And not even cute socks, just plain ugly "assorted colors" in colors so horrible that they never matched anything I wore. I loved that woman, but damn she was horrible at giving gifts.

Attached Files:

9. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Appropriate:

#29 Trakiel, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  10. Bundy Bear

Bundy Bear
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My Nan used to knit me the sweaters herself. When I was like 5 or 6 I thought it was awesome to have a blue woolen sweater with Thomas the Tank Engine on it. Few years later not so much.

11. Thorgouge

Thorgouge
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I've never gotten a shitty gift from my grandparents because they all knew to just give me money. $100 for Christmas and my birthday? Thank you very much!

I'd talk about shitty gifts I've gotten but I really can't think of any, mostly because my parents were awesome when I was a kid and would get me all the Power Rangers or Legos I wanted. Now I just ask everyone for money because it's easier and I'm broke as shit so the extra cash helps. Last year I took all my gift money and put it toward a lovely new firearm. Now everyone can take solace that their contributions potentially saved my life, or made it easier for me to end it.

The only disappointment I can remember as a kid was when I asked for this:

[​IMG]

and I got the half-the-price shitty version of it which didn't even come with a Lego monkey or pirate flag. I'd post of a picture of it but it's so terrible that even Google didn't know what the fuck Lego set I'm talking about. Yes I was spoiled terribly despite my parents being dirt poor and working their asses off to get me and my sisters most of the things we asked for.

12. Racer-X

Racer-X
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I had a great-aunt who had a lot of money but was incredibly cheap when it came to gifts. She was also a notorious re-gifter. I frequently got things that were used or completely age-inappropriate. When I was 12 or 13 I got a machine to make my own yogurt and the next year I got some toys intended for a toddler. After that, I didn't write a thank you note and she never gave me another gift.

13. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

On a similar note, I have an aunt and uncle who would pull similar stunts. My dad had 6 brothers and sisters and thus we had alot of cousins and a fairly large secret santa gift exchange at Christmas, one for the parents and one for the cousins. My dad's oldest brother is a bit of a wild card (extremely liberal in a quite conservative family, borderline atheist in a very traditionally Catholic family, moved to Boston and rarely visits) but his wife and kids all participate in the exchange each year. Its improved in recent years, but they used to always be guaranteed to give the WORST gifts, completely ignoring given ideas. They often let the kids shop for their specific person, which once resulted in me, at 13, getting a wind-up train and track set with a suggested age of 4-6 from my cousin who was 5 one year and my sister's each getting a ridiculous fuzzy pink or purple pageboy hat from kids in the same family. The parents were no better, my dad's gotten pajama pants 2 sizes too big from a store in MA with no returnable locations in the Midwest and my Mom, in consecutive fucking years, receiving "bath oregano" that smelled like rotting vegetables and the next year, an international cookbook with recipes from a variety of countries and cultures...with directions written in the language of the country. Literally 1 recipe in English in the entire 200+ page book.

Now as an adult, I'm beginning to think they were probably purposefully fucking with us...

14. Renholder

Renholder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Shit, I'm just starting to realize how spoiled I was as a kid because I had almost every toy posted in this thread so far. I can't think of one thing I wanted and didn't have. And I had the nerve to say to my mom one year "I know there's a Santa because you guys could never afford all this stuff." She tells me she wanted to wring my neck.

15. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And then a few more years later and it was awesome again. I wish I had a Thomas the Tank Engine sweater.

16. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I never really had a lot of toys as a young child. As long as I had a bike, some hockey stuff, and a place to play I was good. The only toys I had in the house were transformers, legos, and a few G.I. Joes.

Although the one thing that I truly wanted that I never got was the complete gangsterness that is this bad boy.

[​IMG]

For those who don't know that is not just a simple toy gun! That is Megatron. Quite possibly the most bad ass guy in an 80's kids universe. Unfortunately my mom never had the money, and my dad could never find it.

But one day just out of the blue, my mother got me one of the coolest things ever.

[​IMG]

She found it at a garage sale. And none of my friends had one. And no that is not just a very cool base. It turns in to the biggest, coolest, ass kickingest, name takingest, robot ever.