Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Screw you and your stupid team!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D26, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That whole GA-FL rivalry is cute, with it's little Cocktail party and all.

Auburn - Alabama hate is like nothing you've ever seen. I grew up in Georgia, as a Georgia Tech fan, and already hated UGA. Then, I went to school at Auburn (War Damn Eagle), and I thought the AU-UGA hate was strong. Then, I experienced the Auburn - Alabama hate first hand. It is very difficult to explain this to people outside the South. I mean, an Alabama fan and former Texas State Trooper (with a daughter named Crimson and a son named Bear) poisoned 130 year old oak trees because he was unhappy about Cam Newton's success. Then, admitted it on a call-in radio show. And, after he was arrested, "The accused, a former Texas state trooper, had trouble acquiring a lawyer. Two court-appointed lawyers and a privately retained lawyer asked to be taken off the case . . ."

2. palmettosc

palmettosc
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I've never really felt threatened at an SEC road game. I've been barked at far to many times, maybe some asshole throws something, but there are enough people around who realize its not exactly alright to just haul off and deck someone. Clemson fans though, those are bad people.

3. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Actually, he did. The Mets' home uniform has pinstripes (but yes, I get your reference). In fact, the Mets' uniform was an amalgam of colors/features from the 3 original NY teams: Dodgers (blue), Giants (orange) & Yankees (pinstripes).

And that concludes our fun trivia for today!

4. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We're not smug towards everyone, just dirty Midwesterners.

5. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And Southern hicks. And rude New Yorkers. And West Coast hippies. And French Canadians. And...

Yeah, it's pretty much everyone.

6. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hey, we're pretty cool to Brits though.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It's the accent. Something about the accent...

"Call the DAC-TAH! The crossing GHAD just got hit by a CAH out on the BOULEVHAD!!!"

...and us Canadians, yes the sterotypes are true. Some of us DO sound like we come from Minnesota or Wisconcin.

8. Heeze

Heeze
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

All Blacks fans.

The All Blacks have the best winning record percentage in all of professional sports which I believe has just recently become 75%. However this is not enough for fans, nothing is ever enough.

The team only lost one Test in 2010 and by 1 point, their overall point differential is 12,112 to 5,978 as of November 2010, they have won 10 Tri-Nations to South Africa's 3 and Australia's 2 (consistently regarded as the other two top international teams) and have never lost a pool match in a World Cup.

But, the All Blacks haven't won a World Cup in 24 years (an actual World Championship in a truly global game). And well that is all New Zealander's will ever see, until they do. We disregard the fact that year in year out they are arguably the best team in professional sports today and continually dominate their closest rivals.

New Zealand simply needs to win the Webb Ellis Cup by beating Australia in the final 50-0 for All Blacks fans to be satisified. Nothing less.

9. Solaris

Solaris
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

So how often do rival American sport fans kill each other?

And someone on page1 said soccer fans are fags...

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That was me. And I stand by it. They kill due to raging homosexual tendencies combining with stupid mob mentality to release the inner gay zombie. That, and the game is so boring that they find something else to do.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

12. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not many, but we all commented on how fucking stupid it is to get violent about sports. And soccer really is the fucking stupidest sport to get riled up about.

#72 Frank, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

If they really wanted to make soccer exciting, they would aim the camera into the bleachers and fuck the players. THAT'S where the action is.

On the flipside, the BEST fans I've personally encountered are Toronto Maple Leaf fans. My wife's uncle has season tickets and like all their fans, he's fiercely loyal even after a 44 year dry spell. He always gives me tickets to the Air Canada Centre to see the Leafs play my Sabres every year, and you won't meet more rabid fans that have no qualms about you being dressed up as the visiting enemy, as I always am in full Blue and Yellow gear (my wife wears a Leafs jersey to making us look like the ultimate dysfunctional couple). If my team wins, I get such horrid scorn as "Ah, we'll get ya next time, bro!" and if my guys lose, I've been dealt such ridicule as "I think this guy deserves a beer!"...and he really buys you one after the game.

Stunning. No "HOW DARE YOU CHEER FOR SOMEBODY OTHER THAN MY TEAM" bullshit. They love their team, they pack their house every game no matter how good or bad they're doing, and they admire you for supporting against the grain (unless you're a Senators fan). It's no wonder that it's the best house in hockey. I'll always respect the Maple Leaf franchise for that sort of thing.

14. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I cheer for a rival of the leafs but most of the fans are pretty solid, unless they're drunk. They get a lot of shit from the local media too.

Habs fans are fucking crazy and will get all sorts of smugness in your face. Sorry.

Flyers fans you can chase away with a bar of soap,w hich is lucky as they might vandalize your car if you're from a rival province or state

15. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've always found Ohio State fans to be arrogant, yet mentally retarded.

16. toddamus

toddamus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Flyers fans are intense. I have a friend who, after attending a flyers game, literally head-butted a guy and broke the guy's face for wearing a Blackhawks jersey at a Flyers-Hawks game.

17. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    FOCUS: Hey, I do enjoy watching soccer and supporting Arsenal (ALL of the teams in S.A. suck and you take your life in your hands going to the matches), but I will immediately tune someone out if they say they support Chelsea or Manchester United. Fuck BOTH of those teams - they have the most arrogant, myopic, bandwagon-jumping fans I've come into contact with (I live in S.A. and baseball and football are largely irrelevant here) - most of them couldn't even name 5 players that play for those clubs and they still think they know all about the game. Assholes. My dad likes to tell people I support three teams: "Arsenal, and anyone that's playing Manchester United or Chelsea". I keep praying for an atomic device to go off in the vicinity of Old Trafford when Manchester United plays Chelsea but, so far, no luck.

Now, on to rugby, where the rivalries are much more vicious here... I really hate the Bulls just as much as those guys despise the Sharks, but open fisticuffs is pretty rare due to massive police presence at all Super Rugby and Currie Cup matches, and I can usually talk about rugby with them and we can get along. Surprisingly, I'm pretty indifferent to Western Province/Stormers fans, despite them having a strong rivalry with the Sharks. I'm going to start supporting the S.A. team again properly once that idiot Pieter De Villiers gets fired.

As for Bulls fans, the majority of them (in my opinion) are sheep-fuckers, much like All Blacks fans.

GO BOKKE!

18. Poopourri

Poopourri
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Question for people in Canada/Europe/South Africa: do your eyes glaze over and you basically ignore an entire post when people talk about baseball/college football/teams you've only barely heard of? You don't mean to, it basically just happens.

Just wondering, because I almost feel bad when I do it to you guys and your cute little soccer and cricket and such.

19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

No, stupid. We know plenty about that shit too. I have rooted for the Toronto Blue Jays since I have had memories, because I am the same age as them. I can tell you their entire 1985 starting lineup off by heart. Were you even alive then? I can tell you Ron Hassey of the New York Yankees lined out to George Bell on October 5th, 1985 (my birthday) to give the Blue Jays their first division pennant. Doyle Alexander pitched the full game that day. I can tell you the next day, Phil Niekro recorded his 300th win with the Yankees to close out the season. I can tell you as a 16 year old I was spraying shitty, cheap champagne all over Richmond street in my home town when Joe Carter hit his World Series Home Run in 1993. Did you the the first baseball game was actually played in Beachville, Ontario and not Cooperstown? Look it up. Oh, I also personally play baseball outdoors in the summer and indoors in the winter.

And yes, we know about college football too. We know that Americans love it because of it's very easy-to-follow gambling format, and that they stick their best athletes in classes like Remedial Alphabet Memorizing 101 because most of them are egomaniacal, criminally insane numbskulls too fucking stupid to tie up their own shoes ( Hello, Pac Man Jones and the entire Dallas Cowboy franchise!). At least up here you have to do satisfactory in college to play. I know the Michigan Wolverines have crazy, insane fucking fans that pack a shithole bowl stadium because I have been to three games, despite not being a fan of the school and I even got puched in the back of the head by some anonymous coward for not cheering loud enough after a touchdown.

As for soccer and cricket, soccer is boring and filled with pussies that fake injuries as "part of the game" and I couldn't figure out cricket's rules for the life of me.

And if in your little post you were trying to jab at hockey remember this: in hockey you can't run out of bounds.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're just trying to get everybody else to Green dot you, aren't you?