Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Say Yes to the Dress

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, Apr 29, 2011.

1. travdiddy84

travdiddy84
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

And left them there.

2. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You do not launch hot women into space and leave them there.

3. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Am I the only one upset that the royal family is trying to upstage the release of The Fast and The Furious 5? There are an infinite number of days, and you happen to chose the one with the most bad ass movie ever coming out...

4. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They might come back super intelligent like those chimps in the 60s.

I just flipped BBC on. They have the noted historian Simon Schama as commentator. I find it hilarious that a guy who has taught at Oxford, Harvard, Columbia, written numerous books on British history and art history is commentating on David Beckham's appearance at Westminster.

5. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I guess I haven't been following the news. Which of the Kennedys is getting married?

6. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh my god did Kate not leave her bouquet at the tomb of the unknown soldier?

The Queen Mother is not amused.

Things I would like to see, but won't:

-fight breaking out between wedding hooligans. "Diana's dress was better!" "Yeah, well Kate's dress didn't make her look like a new money whore!"

-Harry get a god damned fucking haircut. How does he get away with such long hair in uniform? Aside from being a prince.

-one of the royals turned out to be gay and totally messed up the heteronormative way of doing things. Instead of just getting a beard and looking straight like they've done until now

7. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is fucking hilarious to me. The girl seems pretty devious:

[​IMG]

8. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Awww, royal families doing regular people stuff. So cute.

9. gtg2k

gtg2k
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Since I have a secret love for all things of pomp and circumstance, I made sure I DVR'd half of BBC America's 8 hours of coverage. The first 4 hours is all I want to see: the ceremony and the balcony scene is enough for me. I could care less about them interviewing every tarted-up hag from Surrey talking about how they want to shag Prince Harry.

The bride, or HRH, looked lovely, though definitely not Chesty McBreasty. The maid of honor was quite hot. Personally, though, I was enjoying the views of Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie. Their names may be dowdy, but I'd be lying if I didn't want to give'em a gallon of my homemade country gravy! Beatrice's might be rather toothy, but I'd still do nasty, nasty things to them. And Lady Kitty Spencer was looking quite banging, even if the British fashion police didn't like their outfits. Also, the music was lovely.

Lots of pomp and circumstance, excellent music, lots of eye-candy: As they say here in the South, "A good time was had by all."

Attached Files:

10. ksp

ksp
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

The bouquet goes back after the pictures are taken at the palace.

I laughed when whatever comedian ctv had on the show noted that the planes were probably on their way down to Tripoli anyway so it wasn't a major inconvenience for a fly-by.

11. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone know how much all these wedding shenanigans cost? My 8 seconds of Google research told me $50 mil. Oh well, it entertained millions of old women, and Queen-Bee.

12. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you're wondering why American's should care about the royal wedding <a class="postlink" href="http://whyamericansshouldcareabouttheroyalwedding.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://whyamericansshouldcareabouttheroyalwedding.com/</a>

13. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

14. theillest

theillest
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

While I understand that this monarchy is 1200 years old or whatever (well not really, they're actually German/Dutch or something and the rightful King of England is a farmer in Australia), and people get all jazzed up about tradition or perpetuity or whatever, I cannot help but rain on their parade a little.

I've heard $60-70 mil on this shindig of TAXPAYER money. I don't know, if I were a UK citizen, this may irk me somewhat. The idea of a royal family is so antiquated nowadays, and people seem to forget that before about 100 years ago, royal families in Europe called the shots for the rape and pillage of the rest of the world. I know, I know, it was a long time ago and historical context must be applied, blah, blah.... but it just rubs me the wrong way that they still get so much attention. They don't actually DO anything.

15. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Something tells me this isn't all really taxpayer money, or at least, not a net loss of 50-70 million dollars (I had heard 20 million pounds, by the way). The royal family has been making expenses with their own private funds as of the last decade or two, usually money raised from allowing access to such tourist attractions as windsor castle. And then, that figure doesn't count all the money that's been brought into England or London by all of the tourists who either were there or are going to travel there specifically because of Will and Kate. And then another part of me wonders about the accounting that came up with the figure.

In other news, Kate's dad offered to put in 100,000 pounds for the wedding. That's almost cute.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Dammit, I was looking forward to Sean Bean, Patrick Bergin and co. try to blow up their car.

17. theillest

theillest
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Yeah, you're probably right. That family makes loads of dough. I am just generally curmudgeonly when it comes to the royals, especially as a Canadian. We are a "commonwealth" (jesus I hate that term) country, and the Queen is also our official head of state, which just seems so wrong given our completely autonomous functioning.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Yeah, she's our Head Of State in about the same way as Hugh Hefner still runs PLayboy. Does, has, knows practically NOTHING what's going on, yet takes the credit so we have to put her on our money.

I'll say this again from the cheap seats: MONARCHIES ARE USELESS. Being born into a "royal" family isn't a skill, it's a spin on a roulette wheel. I sincerely hope Will & Kate have a mutant baby, and it HAS to become King/Queen. Maybe then they'll rethink it all.

19. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My wife and daughters tivo'd it and have been watching it separately, so it's been on the TV in the family room a lot. Every time I look at it, this is all I can think of:

#39 lust4life, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  20. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

Hey Britain, let us know when you get a real king.