Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Say that again?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As long as they eat one of Ronni or Sammi first so we don't have to deal with their whiny bullshit for 6+ episodes, I'm game.

That is if I watched Jersey Shore to begin with.

I do.

I'm so lonely.

2. MisterMiracle

MisterMiracle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

One word: CANNABALISM.

Hopefully one of them saw the movie "Alive" (which took place in Chile oddly enough).

3. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/08/23/chile.miners/index.html?hpt=T2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/ ... tml?hpt=T2</a>
    So food, water and medicine will probably not be a major concern. At the same time, the sanitation issue is still a big problem, especially if one or more of them dies.

What do we figure the over/under is on how long it takes the first guy to just say "Fuck it" and start jerking it in full view of the other 32 miners? No way they all go 3 months without needing to rub one out.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"The miners are thought to be 2,300 feet underground, inside a small shelter that would have had some water and food supplies, CNN Chile said."

If there was enough forethought to make a small shelter that would have some water and food supplies, I wonder if there is also some kind of latrine. Did it say that in any of the reports? If it was separated somehow, would you step in there to jerk -- with that horrible smell -- or would you just whip it out and start spanking?

5. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That snooker chick looks like she could feed the cast for a couple of months.

6. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This should be the TiB motto. Shit, people might as well start putting it at the beginning of each post.

It'll be like a scene you'd expect from Fallout 3: the rescue team will open up the mine to fine 32 skeletons and a 90-pound man gnawing on his own half-eaten forearm, muttering to himself that, "They don't like us! They came to take us away!"

7. carl24

carl24
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

This is really sad.

This happens a lot in China. The Shanxi coal mines, for instance, are basically a death trap. The piece of shit bosses who run these mines walk off with insane amounts of earnings while the workers risk their lives for very little pay. Just google "shanxi coal mines"

http://www.chinasmack.com/2009/stories/shanxi-coal-mine-bosses-extravagant-lifestyles.html

This is the life the bosses lead while the majority toil away.

Or this guy: http://www.clonedinchina.com/2010/0...ith-200000-one-yuan-bills.html/comment-page-1

8. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wonder if they're getting paid overtime...

9. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The thought of 120 days of paid overtime would certainly keep me going.

10. Nick

Nick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This should be the least of your concerns, especially if you're the tender, effeminate one.

11. BakedBean

BakedBean
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

At least the fact that the mini-skirt ban was smothered in its crib should be a boost to morale.

<a class="postlink" href="http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=11428376" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://abcnews.go.com/International/wir ... d=11428376</a>

12. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Unless they can get Joe Shitluck his heart meds, he might very well die. Then you have a dead body you have to deal with. See my disease concerns above. .

They can chop up his body and send it up through the little tube in pieces...problem solved.

13. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

If there's going to be a soundtrack to this event - it Should be Foo Fighters - Ballad of the Beaconsfield Miners - which Dave Grohl wrote, after two Australian Miners were trapped in a cave in, and before they could be rescued they had a small access port to get food and essentials in. One of the essentials they asked for? An Ipod with some Foo Fighters on it. Dave sent them a support note, a promise of free tickets to any foo fighters gig in the world and beers with him backstage afterwards. He wrote the song in their honour and included it on the next foo fighters album. Although, these poor bastards will be lucky to get a discount on their beer and a copy of the album.

Wikipedia's article on the Beaconsfiled Mine Collapse has a pretty good description of what was required to get the trapped guys out. There was only two of them, and they were only trapped for two weeks, but they were trapped in a vehicle bucket (think the shovel on a big front end loader) with a sheet of mesh they'd been installing the only thing keeping them from being buried alive. One of them had his legs trapped by the rock fall, they had a single museli bar between them for food and the only song they both knew was Kenny Rodgers - The Gambler.

Fuck underground mining. Open Cut FTW.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

What the hell is it with Kenny Rogers?

In Scotland 2 weeks ago, I go out to a pub that has a "traditional Scottish band" and what song are they playing as we walk in?

The Gambler.

And I knew all the words.

15. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Accordingly, I would suggest you stay away from holes in the ground. Just to be on the safe side.

16. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If I were down there, I think my first order of business would be for every guy to donate an article of clothing towards the building of a "Happy Time Tent". You may not think that would be necessary, but you know that there has to be one guy trapped down there that likes to stick his thumb up his butt while he jerks it, and no one wants to see that. Seriously, its gotta be Murphy's law that when there are 30+ guys trapped in a mine together, one of them is guaranteed to start sticking his thumb up his but and jerking off.

Okay, in all seriousness though, my real concern would be the one guy that doesn't think he can handle it and bashes his head in on a rock or something. Being confined in that close of quarters with 30 guys would be bad enough, but if one of those guys was a rotting corpse...no bueno.

17. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I read they rationed out a single day's supply of food that lasted two weeks.

Not sure why, they're consuming the same amount of calories eating it all at once

18. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I find it crazy that so many members first concern is not being able to masturbate. If I was trapped with thirty smelly men I doubt the first thing on my mind would be rubbing one out.

Unless of course I was trapped with Zac Effron, then I would just think about spooning.

I bet half these guys are happy to be away from nagging wives and kids.

19. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

<a class="postlink" href="https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Beaconsfield_Mine_collapse" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... e_collapse</a>

Rescuers managed to get them a food supply the day after they ate the Museli bar. And the rationing it thing is about comfort and hope. No food left is a lot harder psychologically to deal with than half a museli bar for when it's really needed. Chosing not to eat it because it's not that desperate yet. Anything that keeps even the smallest bit of optimism intact in that situation is the difference between surviving to be rescued and giving up before anyone knows you survived the initial event.

20. Rick M

Rick M
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100824/ap_on_bi_ge/lt_chile_mine_collapse

Yeah, I believe these guys will be just fine. According to the article, they have more than one room, meaning another place to shit. They have groundwater they are drinking. They are now getting food through tubes from above. They're getting letters from their families, and it might only take a few more weeks to get them out, rather than months.

Like one of the above posters said, now they're probably just happy to be away from their nagging wives for awhile. And when all is said and done, they're going to be the miners that will have been trapped the longest in history and make it out alive.