Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Say it ain't so, Joe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rush-O-Matic, Nov 8, 2011.

1. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Tucker and Nils have had some pretty good tweets lately.

From Nils: "Always wondered what a "Nittany" Lion was. Apparently its a big old lion who preys on young, vulnerable orphaned lions, then butt rapes them."

2. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

And now this.

This guy wrote on Sandusky back in April.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.timesonline.com/columnists/sports/mark_madden/madden-sandusky-a-state-secret/article_863d3c82-5e6f-11e0-9ae5-001a4bcf6878.html?success=1#.Trr2cRjlYTY.mailto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.timesonline.com/columnists/s ... YTY.mailto</a>

Now he went on a Boston radio station and said that Sandusky is being investigated for "pimping out 2nd mile kids to donors".

<a class="postlink" href="http://audio.weei.com/a/48513317/mark-madden-talks-about-the-penn-state-scandal-and-drops-a-new-bomb-about-jerry-sandusky.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://audio.weei.com/a/48513317/mark-m ... ndusky.htm</a>

7-8 min in.

If that is true, good bye penn st.

3. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can imagine the sales pitch:

"I don't know about you folks, but sometimes when I want to rape a kid, I'm just too darn tired to go through the hassle of finding one and manipulating them. That's why for a generous donation I'm willing to offer you one around the clock in the comfort of your own home!"

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm having a hard time understanding the riotous protesting to support Paterno. That seems really misguided. When you have children, and you want to tell them how you stood up to corruption or lousy policy or rights violations or general unfairness, because you participated in Occupy Wall Street, or a march on Washington, or a rally for or against abortion, then that will be a teachable moment. But, when they are ten, are you going to say, "yeah, son, I stood up when that evil board fired Joe Paterno." "The molestation enabler?" "Yes." "Why?"

5. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Because drunk and college, son. Because drunk and college."

6. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

Is Penn State in the SEC? Would this be something that would be discussed at one of their tailgate parties?

It would have been funnier if this happened at Notre Dame.

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not sure if you were trying to make a joke, but no. And, no.

Again, um . . . so it's funny that it happened at Penn State, but would've been funnier at Notre Dame? Because of the Catholic church / young boy jokes? I don't get it. It's not funny to me at all.

8. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

If that Mark Madden article in April is really true and there is indeed a coverup, nothing less than the death penalty for Penn State football will suffice. A guy retires at 55 when he's the heir apparent. He's a very highly regarded coach with many crazy on the field accomplishes. He also doesn't get any offers to coach elsewhere. This really reeks of coverup. Hell, just the people who seemed to have known about the one incident not calling the police is enough.

In the late 80's, Southern Methodist was given the death penalty for paying about 20 players or so. Bad, yes. They got the death penalty. This is infinitely worse. Hell, just earlier this year people were talking about how Ohio State is screwed for higher ups knowing about selling a little memorabilia. Rule breaking yes, but this is infinitely worse.

Nothing short of a top down firing of all even remotely involved and the doors closed on the program for a while will be upsetting. For a split second I kind of felt bad for Penn State alums and fans as this tarnish will never go away. Oh wait, who cares it's only football and a college. Quit turning vehicles over and being idiots for supporting somebody and people who may not have broken laws, but sure as hell could have called the cops. I only feel bad for those poor kids, or adults now, who suffered.

9. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The board of Trustees did the right thing by firing him.
    Paterno is so fucking out of touch with reality that he made a statement yesterday saying the board of trustees did not need to waste a second of their time discussing his future, he was going to retire at the end of the year.

Does that old fuck have his head so far up his as that he still does not get it, under his watch and "leadership" these things happened and were perpetuated by his inaction, yes he did what he legally had to by reporting some activity to his direct superiors, but as a human being he failed.

If you have not read the grand jury report read it, you will be in favor of a death penalty for the program and sandusky.

10. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And to add insult to injury, Mcreary, who was witness to a 10 year old being buttfucked in the shower by Sandusky will be on the sideline coaching this week when Penn State plays Nebraska.

What the fuck is the matter with these people.

11. Flagrant

Flagrant
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

While I agree that the board of trustees did the right thing by firing him, they could have done it with a little bit more class. Penn State dropped the ball on that, he deserved to at least be confronted in person. He's given their university 60 years of his life. I am not in any way shape or form absolving the man of the blame he deserves, but I do think he deserved more than a phone call.

This 1,000 times over. I am only about an hour and a half from Penn State and the majority of my high school went there. The lack of self-education on the subject is astounding. The blind leading the bros.

12. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just read it. Between shaking, crying, and furious anger, I want to vomit.

ALL of those people are disgusting, vile creatures. NONE of them allowed those victims a voice, any protection, ANYTHING. Those kids lost something that can't be replaced. It never goes away. It's always there in the back of the mind. I had nightmares last night because of the news on this case, and I'm described as one of the most "emotionally well-adjusted victims of sexual abuse" ever seen.

I don't know how...I can't see how...something like this happens for so many years, and those men slept at night, perfectly soundly in their beds.

Edit:
    Fuck him and his sixy years of life. Almost two decades of it was spent denying the reality of sexual assault happening under his nose. I don't give a shit how they fire him. They could have done it via text message, twitter, facebook, or press conference, and it wouldn't have bothered me a bit, or struck me as wrong.

13. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

While I see your point and agree he gave a lot of his life to the University and did not get the respect he deserved, I also think that little boys did not deserve to get raped, so who deserves what in this situation is not a relevant argument.

This was an unusual situation, they could not go over to his house because it would have caused a riot, they could not have him come to where they are meeting, it would have caused a riot.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Little late to the party here. Haven't read the report or really know all too much about college football. What's everyone so butthurt about?

15. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fuck him. What he has given them is irrelevant. He is a disgusting human being, and they should have written his termination notice on a giant pink dildo and crammed it up his ass.

16. Flagrant

Flagrant
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Fair. I honestly didn't think of that possibility.

What makes me happy to see though is people making fucking intelligent discussion** on what is proving to be such a huge fucking shitstorm of out-of-touch self entitled retards idolizing a fucking FOOTBALL COACH. This is a goddamn travesty. It's disgusting and these fuckers deserved to be strung up no doubt.

**For the most part (not that I completely disagree with you)

17. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Read the article Mark Madden wrote in April.

http://www.timesonline.com/columnis...cle_863d3c82-5e6f-11e0-9ae5-001a4bcf6878.html

If this is true, there was a cover up. Too many things in the article make sense. People had to have known more then they are letting on. Couple this with the contents of the grand jury report and it even backs a cover up even more.

Now, the rumors are talking about a possible multi-million dollar sex ring with little boys run through that charity of Sandusky's. Bad bad things coming out. Of course so much is heresay right now, but this article was dead on in April and he's the one talking some of these new rumors.

Too many people knew at least something bad happened or was happening. Nobody stepped up.

Fire everybody even remotely linked in any way and kill the program. I just read the grand jury report. The school had a chance to stop this guy and they instead gave him a cushy office and acted as though nothing happened. Death mother fucking penalty that program. No sport or program is above doing the decent thing. They failed those kids and the school and all involved should pay the price.

As for Sandusky. I say he gets a one week prison sentence at the worst federal prison in America that they can find. A week prior to his arrival, let all the other inmates know that a pedo of his stature is on his way and inform them all in detail about his horrible crimes. Keep him in general population for the entire week, or at least the part of the week he survives. Case closed and taxpayers won't be footing the yearly prison bill for a piece of shit like him.

18. Flagrant

Flagrant
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

If that article is legit, i cannot wait until the backlash of that hits. If this is the case, then basically everything anyone said defending any of these assholes gets tossed in the trash. If that is true they'll all fucking rot in hell.

19. Sponge

Sponge
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Apologies in advance.

What do you call a large group of people who blindly support covering up child rape?
    Mass

As a Vancouver Canucks fan that was sickened to see a bunch of fucking idiots wreck up the place after a game 7 loss last spring, I suppose I can take some small consolation that when ESPN does its end of the year top 100 most disgusting sports fan moments, we've been bumped to #2.

20. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I didn't know much about this outside of what was on the news, so I read the Grand Jury report.

What a systematic failure to protect children in the most basic way. Anyone even remotely involved, from the President and Athletic Director down to the now-decrepit janitor, is guilty of allowing this behavior to continue. There were so many opportunities to save so many victims. It's disgusting.

As far as Paterno is concerned, his wins mean nothing. He's a loser at anything that truly matters and he deserves no respect. His blatantly casual dismissal of this issue (even now that the facts have been brought to light) is evidence of that.