Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rick and Morty

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by bean, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

September 4th baby.

2. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rick & Morty has descended into the territory shared by some of the Marvel/Star Wars shows now: it's amusing enough that, when I notice a new episode is there, I get momentarily excited and watch it. It entertains me adequately for the duration that it's on. Then after the episode finishes, I promptly forget about the show entirely and don't think about it again until I happen to notice a new episode is there.

Which is, you know, fine. It's entertainment, so it doesn't have to be life altering. But it is a significant departure from some of the early seasons where I would actually look forward to new episodes.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It makes sense, Justin Roilland was fired completely from the show some time ago. He created it, wrote it, voiced the main characters.

The first three seasons are peerless. After that they have great ones, but once it started satirizing itself it wasn’t the unstoppable comedic juggernaut it once was.

4. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Somehow felt like the last R&M episode was a little bit of a throwback. Funny, weird, didn't get lost up its own ass with the self-referential nonsense.