Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rick and Morty

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by bean, Mar 28, 2015.

1. bean

bean
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Anyone really excited for this? Season 2 coming this summer, got a potato quality preview clip from The Adult Swim Drive-In, March 26th.

Any big fan theories you want to through out there for the C137 family? Who is the "evil" Morty?

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I fucking LOVE this show, and cannot wait for it to return.

Fan theories? How do you even begin to think about that? I can't imagine having even a remote hope of being as fucked up as Harmon... no chance anything I could come up with would be even remotely close to what will be.

This is a show you just sit back and soak in.

3. 6PPC

6PPC
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I was getting a little worried that they had reached their creative peak after a couple of the shows this season, but "Total Rickall" and "The Ricks Must Be Crazy" (with Stephen Colbert as Zeep) renewed my faith in the awesomeness of the writers. Very few shows makes me laughs like Rick and Morty.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

This has been an awesome new season with hit after hit... and I agree... it's phenomenal.

5. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Man, I wish they had a season longer than 10 episodes and that they could pump out a new season each year, but with a show this fucking good, I don't mind if it takes them a bit longer to get it out there. See you in a year and a half, or maybe more. *sighs*

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I just keep loving this series more and more. It's going to be a very, very long year and a half.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

FUCK.

Season three doesn't start until March 2017. Goddamn it we have to tough out this winter without new episodes?

Then again, not over-saturating helps preserve this show's insane awesomeness. And season 3 will be 13 episodes which is tight.

Three plus months, I'll never make it. Favourite moment: "Keep Summer Safe". That was a 14/10 on the fucked-uppedness scale, and a sweet play on how scary artificial intelligence could become.

#7 Crown Royal, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Season 3 trailer:

9. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jesus, it's about time.

The trailer looks great though.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I love the fact that they put out a "teaser" episode on April Fool's Day.

Really looking forward to this... getting ready by binge watching the first 2 seasons again.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Harmon released the series premiere simply because a fan complained on Twitter about the delay. "Okay smart guy, how about I release the season premiere RIGHT NOW?"

....and he did, just like that. You gotta love the guy.

12. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know it wasn't technically the season premiere, but that was quite an opening episode. If they're all that good than I'm okay with how long the wait took. To celebrate I'm going to go run through a stream.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Joel McCale was goddamn hilarious that episode. "DEATHSTALKERS!!! BRING ME HIS FLESH-LEATHER!!!!

In my opinion The long delays help preserve the awesomeness so well. It constantly satirizes already-existing pop culture yet the humour is completely, utterly original.

Please let us have Interdimentional Cable 3.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I still absolutely love the show.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Pickle Rick was funny, but "Vindicators 3" is my fave yet this season. Nothing but Rick dropping bombs on everyone and everything for the entire episode, it was almost non-stop laughter once it got rolling.

This show is a treasure. Everybody keeps saying "Jesus, what will they come up with next?"

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Harmon and Roiland signed up this show for 70 more episodes on adult swim. I did not see that coming. Or are they fucking with fans again?

The more I find out about the “cult fans” of this show the more I DON’T want to find out about them. They are not exactly Trekkies. And nowhere near as likeable.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That happened quite a while ago (a few weeks, at least). They had that number for the contract so that they hit syndication and the residuals that come with it... 70 more episodes gets them 1 episode over the minimum requirement.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/5/10/17340048/rick-and-morty-season-4-renewed-new-episodes

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I did not picture this show having that many episodes. It’s quality of content prevents complaints on its delays, I am staggered a show with humour so original could have that much gas in the tank.

Maybe it’s me, I figured it playing out in half that many episodes. And that would have been great to me as well. This show hits the bullseye again and again, and it’s worth waiting for.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

There are a TON of complaints that they take so long between seasons, but they also do some goofy shit that is hilarious to keep the wolves at bay between seasons...

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/10/6/13186708/judge-durham-rick-and-morty

This is a real court transcript that they redid as Rick and Morty. It's really, really funny... and it's real.

And yeah, I think it really is that good.

Apparently I'm not the only one.

EP3adjDuW8IyMaMZnW9FHyKPQCWeuJmAqQSJpm0CTfY.png

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

One rumour states they were thinking of releasing the episodes as they’re produced, rather than in a seasonal cluster. I wonder if they’d like that more or less.

Harmon looks awful lately. He always looks like he’s homeless and not healthy at all. Is that a bit, or is he losing it?