Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rest in Peace Shegirl - WDT 10/17/2014

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Oct 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There was at least one, possibly two riots at the Pumpkin Festival. How fucking boring does life have to get before you riot about...pumpkins?

Also, this:
    http://news.yahoo.com/goliath-encounter ... 20953.html

A "puppy-sized" spider?
    You evil motherfucker....it could have been called a a spider the size of some sort of ball. You could have compared it to the size of fruit. It could have just been called the world's largest spider. No. You had to call it "puppy sized", you twat.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Very unpumpkin-like. According to a lot of Cardinals fans lately I was told white people were biologically incapable of rioting in America. It still brought out Team Stormtrooper though:
    [​IMG]

3. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Re: Greybar Hotel

Good call. If you're behind the wheel and you kill someone you should be held accountable. If you damage property, you should be held accountable. No doubt about either.

However, assigning a prison sentence to what equates to driving violations without damage to property or injury to people is silly.

Where are the victims in DB's sentence? The State of Texas? Okay, Texas. Point out on the map where you were hurt.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

That's one of the stupidest arguments I've ever read on this site.

If you're a chronic DUI offender, fucking rights you should get locked up.

5. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, if someone drove drunk once and smashed through a home and killed someone, is the house less damaged and is the victim less dead? I'm all ears.

Here's the deal- if we're going to be serious about DUI, we're going to need a cultural shift. I don't drive under the influence ever. Period. It's a personal decision as much or more than a fear-of-consequences decision. In spite of that choice, I strongly believe that filling our prisons with people who are guilty of driving offenses is dumb. It is not a crime deterrent, nor is it a justifiable punishment (again, no victim).

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

You drive drunk, you roll the dice. Not just for you but anybody within radius of you. You are capable of killing ANYTHING and anyone. Destroy lives and families you've never met all because you wanted to get your precious fucking vehicle home for the night.

Driving sober isn't just a personal decision. It's a moral and common-sense decision.

7. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got popped once. I was trashed and deserved it. Let's get that out of the way. Royal is right, I was capable of killing someone that night and had I done that I would never have forgiven myself. That said, .08 is bullshit. Straight bullshit for anyone who has had a few before. I propose something different. Zero. It's simple, get a driver or don't drink. No grey area, no wiggle room. No I feel fine I must be able to pass. That is the only fair way to go. I am a drinker so at .08 I'm perfectly fine. At .1 i'm still good because I'm used to drinking. If I wasn't I'd be a bit messed up at .08. Let's remove the, "I'm good to go" factor and just squash it. Then when people think they aren't drunk or feel fine there is no "I might pass, I might be safe moment".

I hate the idea of it because it would cost me times out with friends but that is the only way to eliminate the "damn, I thought I was fine" moments.

8. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Like it or not, there will always be those "damn, I thought I was fine" moments. Say you have a beer and wait 3 hours to hit the road. You think you're fine? Or maybe you're going to blow 0.01?

Or maybe you just used Listerine and the breathalyzer picks that up and, well, you said zero tolerance, so how are the police to know that you're totally not lying?

9. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I could say the same about recreational drug use around children.

Also, personal decisions are most often also moral and heavily influenced by common sense.

10. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thank you.
    I used Stila's Black Cat smudge pot and a skinny lining brush and free handed everything. Good news is it was before I started pounding Miller Lite and Jell-O shots, so it's cool. I have a literal metric fuck ton of makeup from back in my beauty blogging days so between the glitter and the Duo glue and the regular makeup and the Halloween face paint (the white base) we're set. It's a combination of MAC/Stila/NYX and I used a NYX setting spray to hold it. It's still rock solid - even the lips. On the lips, use the MAC pro longwear stuff. It is locked onto my mouth. Like I seriously don't know how I'll get it off.

11. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Point well made. I stand behind it though. Maybe make one less severe than the other? It's not the people at .08 or under that are the problem. It's those that think they're under or those who blow past it and don't care. We'll always have those to deal with. It is, and should be, harsh. If I remember right mine cost me upwards of 7k. If we split it at .08 and say under is, still painful but not a killer, around 2k or less but maybe not lose your license, over .08 is 6-10k then I think that would make a difference. We could throw in a category of .02 or less that would be similar to an open container at $25 to cover medicine.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

My "I thought he was fine" moment ended in the death of the driver's best friend and the girl who happened to be out with me at the time. You can't trust anybody, including yourself.

13. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

the question with drunk driving becomes "how much of a mistake are we willing to allow someone to make?"
    .08 or .06 or .02 - at the end of the day, when the wreckage has cleared and the flowers have wilted, we'll all say the same thing "Oh s/he had a ________ and then drove."
    All we've done with the percentages is quantified the odds.

14. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Are you seriously comparing driving drunk to smoking weed at home where your family lives?

If someone gets multiple DUIs, it tells me that they probably aren't going to stop. Maybe they haven't killed anyone yet, but is that what we have to wait for before sending them to prison? That's ridiculous. If someone who had 5 DUIs crashed into someone you know and killed them while drunk, don't you think you'd be wondering why they were still free to be out driving around drunk?

15. Hoosiermess

Hoosiermess
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is true and we all have different % where we are either fine or impaired. Those of us who drink more and more often are less impaired than others. As sad and damaging as a fatal accident is there are levels where the driver may not be at fault even if he/she was driving. He/she will still deal with the implications of that accident forever no matter the BAC%. I'm not minimizing the damage, to either side. Just saying that if we change things (making a .08 a full year suspension or more, lower BAC's less) that might stop those on the edge from driving. Most people at a drink are not impaired driving and shouldn't get drilled for it even if they get into an accident. Those that are truly impaired should. That is why we should have tiers. .001 to whatever should be an infraction, lets say .02-.04 is a bit more painful and on from there. An accident is an accident until it is something more. We cannot determine how impaired people are with weight, drinking frequency, ect. so we should make it simple. My $.02

16. VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Are you suggesting using illegal drugs is okay while innocent children are sleeping in the very next room? The potential for disaster is just too great to me. It is reckless, amoral, and should carry a heavier sentence because you have to consider the children or the chance that someone could be hurt.

17. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You remember that time you were up late, drank too much, had the munchies? You decided to go downstairs and get some leftover chocolate cake. But then as soon as you entered the kitchen, you saw this huge spider in the corner. It wasn't the biggest spider you've ever seen, but it was pretty up there in rank. Possibly #2. The husband was asleep, so it was up to you to deal with it. Being that you weren't very coordinated, it took quite awhile for you to trap the spider. You were afraid the whole time that it would scuttle away under something inaccessible like the fridge. Which was so close by. So close. Once it was trapped, you took a few moments to wonder what you would do. At that moment, you heard a toilet flush. The husband was awake after all! Having been drinking himself and only half asleep, he wasn't much up to the task himself. But once he got his glasses on, he was able to shove a piece of cardboard underneath the tupperware container that you used to trap the beast. He goes outside to the deck, and makes a dumping motion over the edge. Not sure that it wasn't still clinging to the tupperware, he tosses it away, shuddering, saying he will get to it in the morning. After you thank him, he goes back to bed and doubtlessly to sleep. You wonder if he will even remember it the next day. As for you, you are left to wonder.. Wonder if the spider had siblings. Will you ever get to sleep that night? Probably not.

Anyway, I asked you if you remembered that time, because maybe someone out there might have a similar experience and want to commiserate. I know that feel, bro.

18. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I completely agree if we're talking about meth. But weed? I'm sorry, but there is no "potential for disaster" there.

And the rest of my post... If someone kills someone while getting their 6th DUI, you don't think they should have been put away sooner?

19. happyfunball

happyfunball
    Expand Collapse
    overly defenCive stuffed cougar

Replace spider with that bug that had about one billion legs, and add how sweaty it made me trying to kill it and yes I've had a similar experience. Why do they exist? No purpose.

And my head hurts.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.