Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Repo Games

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by silway, Apr 24, 2011.

1. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just saw commercials for this show and there's no way it won't be utter comedy gold. Apparently, two repo guys take people's cars and then make them answer trivia questions. If they answer enough correctly, the car is given back and all outstanding payments are paid off by the show and the people get title. If not, the car is repossessed as normal.

Awesome.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repo_Games" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repo_Games</a>

2. Whothehell

Whothehell
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Sounds like a funny premise, but there is no way it won't all be faked.

3. whatisinaname

whatisinaname
    Expand Collapse
    Hoping to be even a fraction of the man Jim is.

Maybe it is just me, but I don't see the funny in this whatsoever. Someone's down on their luck, probably out of a job, and they have to do tricks to get their only source of diving to a job back with a dumbass game show? Hell, even if they had a job, they probably lost it for missing work when their car was repoed.

And yes, I know that some of these people bought more than could afford or just didn't pay the note when it was due, but still, I'll keep my karma points and pass on this show. I see zero humor in laughing at anyone that's down on the ground already.

4. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I read this today about the show's questions:

I really don't want to watch a show where the dumbest people can't answer incredibly easy questions.

5. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think the show looks fucking stupid and will not watch it; however I take a different view from yourself. The car was already being repo'd, at least some poor schmoo is being given the chance to jump through hoops to have their debt wiped. Humiliating, yes; however better than waking up ready for work to find your car repo'd.