Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Relationship Pros and Cons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by audreymonroe, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Okay, actually me:

Pros:

- I maintain appearances, hygene, work out, shower twice a day.
    - I have a temper that does not even simmer. Cool heads prevail.
    - I am work-oriented and have handyman skills.
    - I can own a room in 30 seconds if you want (or ask) me to, but you might not want to.
    - I am the opposite of clingy, jealous and insecure.
    - I will ALWAYS eat what is cooked for me, and I don't send food back.
    - If you are a music person, you'll like me.
    - I am a courteous pot smoker. Outisde, away from kids, not around people that dislike it, not doing it in stupid places like work. Plus I share.

Cons:

- I am wound up. I move fast, talk fast, sleep 4-6 hours a night.
    - I am a shell of a human being. Banged up. I walk with a limp, have almost two dozen scars, a bone chip in my elbow and a head injury.
    - I bail out of shouting matches no matter how important the arguement is. Yell in my face and the race gets black flagged, end of story.
    - I am a daily pot smoker, and since I have chronic pain I won't quit no matter how much you may not like it.
    - I have a habit of having outrageously bad spurts of luck happen to me. I mean, shit that will boggle your MIND.

2. captainjackass

captainjackass
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Looks like the focus veered from "Pros/ cons of relationships vs single in general" to "pros/ cons of dating me specifically."

Well, I'll do both:

General relationship:

Pros:
    - Your partner doesn't fuck anybody else! Ego preserved!
    - Easy sex - no slogging through a dozen rejections at the bar!
    - You can let yourself go.

Cons:
    -YOU don't get to fuck anyone else!
    -Those awkward moments where all the busty women at the bar suddenly want to fuck the instant you have a girlfriend!
    -Your partner can let themselves go.
    /captain obvious

Okay now Me:

Pros:
    - great hygiene: I will shower if I think it'll up my blowjob chances.
    - excellent job security: my computer monitor now faces AWAY from my boss/ the hallway.
    - superb manners: I will give a courtesy tap during oral sex, unless I'm pretty into it
    - supportive: very encouraging towards you sticking to your weight loss goals
    - muscular: packed on a ton of mass during my period of unemployment - muscle mass mostly around my core
    - will put up with increasingly absurd demands and general bitchiness, including you not wanting to be seen with me in public, in exchange for sex
    - will become lovingly codependent

Cons:
    - C'mon, who wouldn't want to fuck this guy?
    - I'm a perfectionist and often been told I work *too* hard.

3. Allord

Allord
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Nightmares of children with a 30" Dildo
    Alright, since it seems this thread is now obligatory for all board members...

Pros
    • I'm fucking awesome (duh)
    • I'm a WYSIWYG guy, I behave the same pretty much no matter the situation I'm in, so two faced-ness is a non-issue.
    • Apparently I can be one charming motherfucker at times.
    • I get compliments on obscure body parts (apparently I have sexy calves, eyebrows, and armpits?)
    • ^seriously. What?
    • Non-judgemental of sexual proclivities. I usually just say "Really? You're into that? Ok, lets give it a shot."
    • Never gotten complaints from a sex partner. Actually physically wore some out.
    • Pretty good cook
    • Wide array of knowledge on many topics. Deep knowledge of some.
    • Follows through with plans, calls ahead if excessively late. Rarely cancels plans once made.

Pros/Cons
    • I'm a massive dork. All the time. If you like this, great. If not, oh well.
    • I've got a niche hit-or-miss humor. People either really like it or really don't.
    • Fun drunk, but also obnoxious and irresponsible drunk. While drunk has tendency to dispose of trash in mailboxes and pee on cars while running down the street.
    • If an article of clothing comes off for any reason while at home it is not replaced until leaving the house.
    • Adventurous cook. "Recipe book? Who needs that? I'm sure I can figure out how to cook [dish] from scratch!" realistically I think when I step into the kitchen I have about 70% accuracy for tasty food with 30% chance of producing something godawful.

Cons
    • My humility knows no bounds. At least that's what I tell anyone who will listen.
    • I will harshly judge you for being judgemental or opinionated.
    • I act and dress inappropriately for most social occasions or even brief excursions to the grocery store. This includes wearing costumes to non-costume parties, wearing any of an array of equally ridiculous hats.
    • Messy.

There's probably more to add to this, but this is probably enough.

4. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pros
    • I'm getting back to being in pretty good shape. You'd be picking up a property whose value is on the rise.
    • Early for everything, by at least 15 minutes
    • Objectively, I'm pretty damn funny in most conversational situations
    • Years of being single mean I can take care of myself if I need to, and you can have your space
    • Years of being single mean I can take care of myself in the sense that I clean, cook, and do laundry for myself as well
    • Sexually, I'm open to pretty much whatever. If you're comfortable with it, odds are I am too (with a few exceptions)
    • Financially stable and responsible, with a satisfying work life
    • Work schedule gives me a 3.5 day weekend every week, lots of free time to do stuff
    • Willing to listen when problems come up rather than getting defensive

Pros/cons
    • Video gamer. Not really hardcore any more, and I've been clean from WoW for a couple years now, but sometimes I'm going to just sit on the couch and play video games for hours on end, likely while listening to comedy podcasts
    • Nearly encyclopedic knowledge of tv/movie trivia/casting. I'm the guy at work that people ask "who was in that?" and I think I basically have 1/3 of imdb in my head
    • Scary but relaible driver. You will grab the "oh shit" handle, but you will get there safely and quickly
    • Drinker. My tolerance is such that I will finish a bottle of vodka once it's open, or drink two bottles of wine and not be hungover the next day. But I can also limit myself to a beer or two if I'm driving. Let's call it "highly functional alcoholism"
    • 5'9" Some girls find me the perfect height for them. Many think I am about 5" too short

Cons
    • Still not in "damn, he's hot" shape, and the work I'm putting in to get there is a bit time consuming
    • Work schedule means that nearly my entire middle of the week is shot
    • Years of being single means I may not know how to appropriately deal with relationship issues
    • I've been told that having a relationship argument in a coldly logical manner can be infuriating, but I don't know how else to do it
    • While I can cook for myself, it's because I have pretty low standards in the kitchen for myself. I won't be whipping you up any high class cuisine
    • Jealous. I know it's not an attractive trait, but it's not something I can control. I'm not gonna beat you over the head with it, but it'll be there
    This is harder to do than I thought.