Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Relationship Pros and Cons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by audreymonroe, Feb 14, 2012.

1. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well I know that I am charming and insightful.

2. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just about everyone I know in real life and most people on this board will, at some point, refer to "the easily duped masses." It's basically the same phenomenon. Clearly, based on my own Pros list, I'm likely not immune to it.

3. Bebe

Bebe
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Pros:

-I am a good cook/baker and love to feed people.
    -My sex drive is insanely high and I'm willing to do it almost anywhere and try almost anything.
    -I can talk myself out of anything--speeding tickets, late charges, you name it.
    -I have a full time job, plus a side job that I do from home. I don't need to be taken care of.
    -I hate chick flicks and love action movies. I'd rather watch Die Hard or The Expendables a hundred times than watch The Notebook once.
    -I'm not quick to anger, but I'm also not afraid to stand up for myself.
    -I'm 5'11" so I can reach things on the top shelf.
    -I hate wearing clothes when I'm at home and am frequently in a state of undress.
    -I am a supporter of Random Wednesdays. Every few months, we both blow off work and stay home to get trashed and have sex.

Cons:

-When I do get pissed off at someone, they know it. The knowledge usually comes in the form of something of theirs ending up in pieces on the front lawn.
    -Unless I'm in a theater, I talk through movies.
    -I'm an unbelievably shitty driver. I'm not getting in major traffic accidents, but I am getting honked at a whole lot.
    -I'm really close to my dad. We talk on the phone everyday, I have Sunday dinner at his house, I tell him everything, and he is a frequent drinking buddy. He's also a former high-ranking member of an outlaw motorcycle club. He's really a nice guy, but I've had a couple guys tell me that he scares the hell out of him.
    -I smoke a lot of weed and see no reason to give it up.
    -I don't like kids and don't want them
    -I couldn't care less about romance.
    -I can really be an asshole sometimes. Okay, most of the time.

4. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A few people have noted the tone of the majority of the posts in here, so I'll lead off with bluntly honest list to amend my previous post:
    I'm defensive, myopic, and self-destructive. My cleverness falls far short of the mark I'd like to see it reach. Too often I see someone make a very witty comment and think "Why couldn't I think of that?" I could rightfully brag about my endowment, but the universe could seemingly crack asunder in disappointment at my prowess with it. I'm sarcastic and playful even when sobriety is called for. I have an abundance of trust issues, a criminally vulgar shyness, and I care about the opinions of people whose existence should be beneath my notice. I'm impatient, inflexibly intolerant of stupidity, and still learning to function in interactions with other people while I fight a decade of depression and the resulting habits.

Those are the cons. The pros?

I have, to risk using romance book terminology, a burning desire to be affectionate and supportive of someone who I can enjoy life with. I'm self-sufficient and handy with a tendency to try and shoulder the problems of people I barely know. I work my ass off to provide for myself, and that can only grow when I one day have other people in my life who I'm responsible for providing a home and food for. I know how to keep my shit together and hold others up while they're falling to pieces, no matter how much shit I'm dealing with, because I've spent half my life doing just that.

To sum it up, I am a melting pot of terrible flaws and a desire to be just short of perfection for someone worth being just short of perfection for.

5. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[/quote]

Hey, how about this:

Pros:
    -while I might have a good career, a new car, a motorcycle, and other qualities/things that sound good on a resume or bragging to your friends about (until they meet me, of course) I don't think any of these are sufficient or necessary qualities for making me (or you, for that matter) a good partner
    -one might get the impression that I am intelligent and well-read from the things on my bookshelf and the various things I have framed, but I've met too many people whose intelligence serves only to embarrass mine to ever make such a statement
    -honesty and integrity aren't extras in my life. Failure to have them gets me fired or worse.

Cons:
    -did I mention that good career? I also don't know where I'm moving next, or when, other than it will be in the next few months. It already fucked up one long-term relationship and will probably hinder a few more from starting.

6. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Cons - Fat
    - Bald
    - Huge geek
    - Into weird freaky sex shit
    - Refuses to be monogamous
    - Terrible with money
    - Will aggressively resist spending any significant amount of time at your house, because mine is more convenient for me.
    - Prone to bouts of depression or introspection that usually involves completely shutting other people out
    - Obsessively watches Mythbusters and Top Gear despite already having seen every single episode and most of them multiple times
    - Eats the same thing for breakfast every day and refuses to buy any other breakfast food
    - Terrible at social niceties like 'polite lies'
    - Has plans for at least 1 weekend night and1 weekend afternoon for the next 4 months and probably won't change those plans for shit you want to do
    - Will get cranky about fixing your computer
    - Terrible about returning calls unless you're in trouble and need help, or I want to get laid
    - Burns himself out helping randoms
    - Moves between casual drug user and rare/social drinker and substance abuse
    - Babbles on about books you should read, often not so subtly implying that you're dumb, wrong, or not as smart as him.
    - Not intelligent in terribly useful ways, except about kinky sex and computers
    - Both sides of my family are insane. My mum and dad are the least annoying, and mum will talk you to death with stories about people you don't know, and Dad will probably be a little too obvious about the fact that he thinks you're attractive if you're a guy, and probably just be a jerk to you if you're a girl.
    - Will get bored with you

Pros - Tall
    - Actuall pulls off being bald pretty well
    - Can fix your computer, despite not wanting to
    - Awesome at weird freaky sex shit
    - Doesn't want you to be monogamous
    - Will actively resist borrowing money from you
    - Lives in a really convenient location that for most people means sleeping over after a midweek booty call is really convenient for getting to work
    - Is a surprisingly decent cook
    - Honest to the point of it being a con
    - Almost always has something coming up if you want to do something
    - Will never ignore a call for help from anyone I'm close too.
    - Great book collection and will let you borrow them
    - Intelligent, especially about kinky sex and computers.
    - Dresses surprisingly well for a geek
    - Will keep himself entertained when you're busy
    - Will invite you to participate in threesome on a no pressure basis.
    - Has AWESOME collection of winter hats, including one with a sweet fake beard.

7. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pros:
    - My fetish is women cumming. Make your own deductions.
    - Good with technology.
    - Multi-faceted sense of humor. I can make any demographic at least giggle.
    - Unlike most men in their 20's, I don't live at home, I own a car, and have a job that provides a comma in my paycheck.
    - Open to experiencing almost anything. I once walked on hot coals at a hippie commune where a guy was dressed in full Native American gear.
    - I'm fiercely loyal.
    - I have White Knight Syndrome. Not sure if this was a pro or con.
    - Women seem to enjoy the fact that I'm not an asshole. Go figure.

Cons:
    - Not conversational, mostly. I'm perfectly happy to sit in silence. I'm also way smoother online than I am in person.
    - I have problems expressing with what is bothering me until I/we have a knockdown drag-out fight.
    - Mention marriage and I'll have a panic attack. Kids and a house talk don't bother me.
    - You can equate my snoring to a mass murderer standing next to you with a chainsaw.
    - Fat, but I'm kind of working on it.
    - Used to smoke. Still think about doing it 9 months after quitting.

8. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pros:
    I'm a Marine Helicopter Pilot (had to get that out of the way).
    I am tall, fit, and pretty decent looking, always in shape, so I can be your trophy.
    I love being outside for any activity.
    I enjoy being the romantic type and making the girl feel special.
    I remember to call when I say I will, or at least text when I can't call.
    I have a steady job that pays pretty well.
    I am perfectly content staying in on a Saturday if you don't want to go out.
    I am clean, semi-organized, stubborn, but am okay with changes.
    I love my family, and wish I could see them more, and will try to constantly. My friends are included in my family.
    I cook pretty well for not knowing how to cook.
    I am fiercely loyal when i need to be.

Cons:
    My job has to come first, or people's lives become at risk, so you will always be second.
    I have to do what the job tells me, like pull a 24 hour duty, or deploy for a year, no questions asked.
    I have a commitment of six more years of this, possibly more.
    When I'm not at work, I'm usually studying stuff for work, at least right now.
    I move at least once every four years.
    I am a very difficult person to get involved with emotionally, I don't like opening up.
    I have the style of a skater, but I'm trying to dress better, ie more collared shirts.
    I have never been in a relationship for more than six months, so take that as you will.
    I judge everyone at first glance, most of the time without talking to them.

My job cons pretty much outweigh the pros in my opinion, that's probably why my relationships have never worked in the past.

9. jordan_paul

jordan_paul
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Only the pig and beef farmers are going broke. Most cash croppers (2000 plus acres) are doing extremely well. So are the dairy and poultry farmers because of the quota system. I know chicken farmers that put $10k in the bank at the end of the month because they can't spend all the money they make. About 2 or 3 years ago the sow market shit the bed, many small farms went tits up because it became cheaper to slaughter their stock then feed them. Some of them had to go to the church to get their electricity turned back on.

We are only hobby farmers, but I farmed pretty much my whole life. When I graduated highschool I was eaither going to become a full time farmer or get into the electrical field on some level. No bank was going to give me a 3 million dollar loan to buy a farm with quota (because that's the only way to get quota as a new farmer now) so I became an electrical apprentice and farm part time.

10. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I fail too see how being 6'5" with a big shoe size is a pro. I'm 6'5" and wear a 15EEE. i can't just walk into Nordstrom's and pick up a shirt and pair of shoes. Sitting in coach is akin to being folded and tucked into a suitcase. Ceiling fans and lighting fixtures are health hazards. Beds with footboards don't work too well either.

Pros:
    Don't take myself too seriously
    Teachable
    Helpful
    Not short
    Sense of humor

Cons:
    Not as patient as I'd like to be
    More sedentary than I should be
    Can't drive a stick
    Leave the seat up
    I don't eat enough fiber
    Shoes can be claimed by the US Navy in war time
    Sense of humor

11. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pros: I have no cons
    Cons: I have no pros

12. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Just asked El Husband:

pros: awesome sandwiches
    cons: crazy at some times of the month

13. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So, you're... a woman?

I kid, I kid. Women can't make decent sandwiches. (Cough Devil's Advocate cough).

14. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I was aghast that he didn't mention my BJ prowess. Oh well. I guess sandwich trumps all.

15. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Tomorrow's thread: which do you prefer, sandwiches or blowjobs?

With added commentary that anyone who doesn't enjoy sandwiches was molested by a sandwich at a young age. Or has hangups about whether their partner will enjoy eating their sandwich.

Shit, I'm mixing my metaphors again.

16. ZJB

ZJB
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Sorry, I just had to point out the irony. I'm also engaged and totally unavailable so hit me up.

Pros:
    - above average intelligence
    - can hold a conversation pretty well
    - decent paying job and opportunity for advancement, fuck this is reading like a resume
    - in good shape and work out a lot
    - not bad to look at

Cons
    - a bit on the short side (5'8")
    - i can be a dick, see above
    - i'm an introvert, yea I can talk to people but a lot of the time I'd rather not
    - not especially handy
    - stubborn, i won't change for anybody, i am what i am

17. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Too short for the shift key, eh?

18. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

BOOM ROASTED

19. Renholder

Renholder
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

PROS:
    -Interesting person with a lot of life experiences.
    -Nice apartment and 2 vehicles
    -Easy to please
    -Educated
    -Attractive
    -Good in bed and talented fingers
    -"No" is not in my vocabulary

CONS:
    -Socially inept when sober
    -Condescending
    -Hates children
    -Work 7 days a week
    -Tongue skills need work
    -"No" is not in my vocabulary

20. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So I guess I'll actually do this right now.

Pros:

Will try everything once
    Variety of interests
    Respectful of privacy and alone time
    Eager to please
    Never very jealous
    Pro rapper

Cons:

A total asshole
    Will only acknowledge emotions that make logical sense to me, and ignore any that I think are stupid
    Prone to disappearing for days at a time because I don't feel like talking to people
    Bored easily
    No one respects me as a rapper