Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Reinterpretation is key

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by iczorro, Jul 1, 2011.

1. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Alt-Focus: Ren & Stimpy. I was in my early teens when it came out and I loved it. I'd record the episodes (VHS baby!) and watch them over and over. Hell, I even had posters on my walls. I watched the "Gritty Kitty" last night and didn't even chuckle once.

Alt-Alt-Focus: The Three Stooges. Their shenanigans just never get old. Waiting to see how bad Hollywood fucks up the Stooges movie coming out.

2. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Alt: Wayne's World. Shit is not funny anymore. Not so much the movies, although they are borderline, but the SNL skits don't hold up too well over time. And the catch phrases are just plain annoying now

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure was the first movie I went to see "on my own" as a kid. Naturally, we all thought it was awesome and it became a pop culture flavour-of-the-moment with kids talking like the two bozos in the movie. I watched it a little while ago, and though it has a nostalgia tweak to it that I like, but let's face it: the film itself is excrutiating. However, Genghis Khan is still awesome (1:30)-

#23 Crown Royal, Jul 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  4. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Beavis and Butthead.

Even Mike Judge said that a lot of the episodes were complete garbage and that they were just putting them out to meet deadline. When the creator admits that his product was subpar, you know something's wrong.