Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Recommend a Show

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nettdata, Oct 24, 2009.

1. BigChops

BigChops
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

If you're a sports fan and haven't caught The Onion Sportsdome on Comedy Central yet, do yourself a favor and start DVRing it NOW. It is THE funniest new show on TV this year. It is basically an Onion Style parody of ESPN sports center.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/video/dome-extra-sick-little-girl-fulfills-dream-of-heck,18831/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/video ... eck,18831/</a>

2. p00g0blin

p00g0blin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The Wild Within, on the Travel channel.

Just watched the 2nd episode of this new series, and I'm hooked. Reminds me of the what I'd like to do and experience in my near future - just to go back to the basics.

-Rifle
    -Knife
    -Fire
    -Water
    -Hand made shelter

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Have to pimp Police Women of Cincinnati. Pretty average for a a reality series these days but a couple of the girls are cute and it is filled with the unintentional hilarity any cop show has when dealing with retard criminals. They work in the districts that include Over The Rhine, which is the worst of the worst of the city.

I don't know whether to laugh or what but in the first episode they bust a hooker after picking her up on Mohawk and McMicken, which was a minute walk from the entrance to the street I lived on my second too last year of college. I saw many a hookers on that corner when I drove to and from work downtown. Go Bearcats.

4. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A few nights ago I stumbled upon a show on G4 called Campus Cops. It follows three campus police departments and their various party busts and encounters with students. I laughed at the stupidity of these college kids the whole time. It's a great hidden gem.

5. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Over the Rhine is the worst of the worst of the country, not just its host city. I'll have to give it a look. (The show, not OTR- I'm not suicidal.)

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

British comedy always manages to come up with new goodies. As Nettdata posted before, The IT Crowd delivers laughs in at least the equal doses of The League and Always Sunny.

This show is a laugh-riot treasure. Please keep it British.

#86 Crown Royal, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  7. Dry

Dry
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

The Thick of It

From Wikipedia:
    This video is a trailer for the 3rd season (with a new minister in place since Chris Langham the original 'star' ended up in prison) but it demonstrates the feel and pace of the show overall.

And Malcolm Tucker is simply brilliant. Top swearing.

#87 Dry, Feb 13, 2011
  8. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Sons of Guns" on Discovery (Wed. night), is my new favorite show. It's a custom gun shop, staffed by a bunch of tatted up genius gunsmiths and owned by an ex-Marine with an unlimited knowledge of firearms, quick wit, and a hot as shit daughter who doubles as the shop's co-owner and "brains" of the operation.

wiki of their episodes

Yeah.

#88 Samr, Feb 13, 2011
  9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just watched three episodes and I am downloading the rest. The show is pretty legit. The daughter isnt "hot as shit" but she is cute and has that southern hillbilly charm to her. Unlike Gold Rush Alaska you can tell these dudes know what the fuck theyre doing. Pretty sweet custom jobs. Highly recommend. If you want to see Blue Dogs neighbors blow shit up with NFA weapons, this is your show.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'll add my thumbs up for Sons of Guns.

11. satan rae

satan rae
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Luther (BBC)

I had been putting off starting this show as I wasnt sure if I would be into but sure enough BBC strikes again and I am hooked.

12. satan rae

satan rae
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Outcasts

Its another BBC show and just like Luther I am hooked.

Its an 8 part mini series and has been really,really good so far.

13. Ganimedes

Ganimedes
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Beyond being a really well written and scripted show, the acting is solid across the board. What elevates this to a must see though is Idris Elba's portrayal of John Luther. A part that should've been boring and predictable, the damaged but skilled detective, is actually interesting and deeply involving.

14. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm also on a British TV kick lately

Coupling: Take Friends, remove most of the cheesiness and all of the censorship. The only issue I have is that it's sometimes too hilariously awkward to watch.

Shameless: I'm only 4 episodes in, but HOLY FUCKING SHIT, I can't believe this was put on TV. I knew Americans were prudes, but fuck, I couldn't imagine this series being shown anywhere. It's the story of a drunk ass family with a drunker ass dad navigating life, just awesome.

15. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've only seen one episode (the one where William H Macy gets clean), but I wholeheartedly second this. With an admittedly small sample size of episodes, it was the best comedy new show I've seen in years. Perhaps since Always Sunny or 30 Rock.

Also, Emmy Rossum gets varying degree of naked frequently.

16. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You probably already know this, but just for the sake of clarity, I've been watching the original UK version, not the American one, I'm excited to see the new one though.

17. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you're not watching Castle, you're missing out.

It, like some of the other very good one hour worth watching procedurals (House, Bones), is more than just the case of the week. It has truly compelling characters. Nathan Fillion, in particular is just a lot of fun to watch.

I don't know why I put off watching this show for so long, but I got into it a couple weeks ago and blazed through the first 2 and a half seasons in a week.

Oh, and there have been a couple truly genius Firefly references, and a Buffy reference.

#97 iczorro, Apr 5, 2011
  18. satan rae

satan rae
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The Killing

The premiere was amazing and I have super high hopes for this show. Each episode is 24 hours in the investigation and the characters seem like they are going to be intriguing and well formed.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.putlocker.com/file/37BR2HYHU3OKG0O8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.putlocker.com/file/37BR2HYHU3OKG0O8</a>

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Jamie's Dream School

It's kind of like you're a kid, and the presenters at TED Talks come and teach you stuff.

I've just watched the first two episodes, and I find it really interesting.

What I also find interesting is the public outcry about how Jamie is preaching from his high horse, and how people are sick of him trying to teach kids about the value of education and hard work.

Of course, I'm sure that the kids in the show are the big-time problem students, and not the typical kid.

I can see why he does it, though, as he considers himself to be one of those kids who had problems and, as he says in the program, he considers the system to have failed him. I don't see him as being preachy, but rather someone who's trying to use his current status in life to help others.

#99 Nettdata, Apr 10, 2011
  20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Richard Hammond's Engineering Connections

<a class="postlink" href="http://natgeotv.com/uk/engineering-connections" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://natgeotv.com/uk/engineering-connections</a>

I've only come across this series recently, and have been watching the 3rd season episodes, and find it enjoyable.

The first episode was on the Burj Al Arab, the iconic new sail-looking hotel in Dubai. Very interesting, to say the least. The latest, 2nd episode was on F1 cars.