Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Recommend a Show

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nettdata, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

3. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Peacemaker absolutely rocks. The characters and their exchanges are constantly priceless, especially Vigilante’s utterly earnest sociopathy.

It doesn’t try to have any forced message or projection, it just entertains. Which it does in spades, every episode.

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't know if anyone else watches this. Season 3 is finally coming out in 2 weeks.

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The final season of "Dead To Me" turned out to be pretty meh, in my opinion. Pretty heavy.

Anyway, "Wednesday" is really fun. I've got one episode left. I highly recommend it. Jenna Ortega is so good. She does the blazè better than Aubrey Plaza's April Ludgate. Watching her never blink is a hoot. Danny Elfman's familiar scoring is a perfect fit, and the other song uses are done really well. I'm not sure if Louis Guzmán and Catherine Zeta-Jones were the right casting for Gomez and Morticia, but they're not in it enough to matter. The other principal cast is good, and Tim Burton absolutely nailed this.

9. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Has anyone watched Foundation on Apple TV? I didn’t see anything posted here on it. But damn…it’s pretty impressive.
    I’m purposefully not reading the source material until it’s wrapped up, though, as I do know it strays from it.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I quite enjoyed it. It was very expansive and well executed.

11. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Apple has that early-Netflix vibe of "we're trying to break into the scene, so we're going to invest heavily into every show we make to build a reputation for quality."

For All Mankind, The Morning Show, Severance, Mythic Quest, and Ted Lasso have all been great. My parents said Dickinson was good too.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't forget the film production side. Coda (which one Best Picture Academy Award), Cha Cha Real Smooth and (in production) Project Artemis.

13. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anybody following Silo on AppleTV? It’s…meh. I’ll watch it all because it’s sci-fi.
    The pacing is so slow, I want to care about the mystery but damn, they’re just taking their time.
    I want to wait to read the books after the show is done but it’s so aggravating how slow it feels, I might give in. And then watch it and be pissed about changes to the book.

14. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Didn't see it anywhere but I I powered through six episodes of Star Trek Strange New Worlds. Ive really like it. Episodic more like TNG. It does try to be too many things at times. I havent seen Picard, which from previews looks similar, but is a post Abrams style Trek super slick sets and fast paced lense flare action but with a little better balance of science fiction story lines than those movies. At times it also tries to be dark and brooding like the Nolan Batman films. Id love to see them go all in on this and make a Sopranos or Deadwood heavy drama where well written deep characters can be killed off in the perilous nature of space at any moment. Instead they go for the traditional wrap up the episode storyline perfectly with all the major characters intact in under an hour with commercial breaks. It was a topic of one episode where they had a "remembrance day" for fallen comrades but only Red Shirts end up dying.

I like all the characters and have kept the zany side characters to a minimum. I do need to see Picard but Id still like to see something other than prequel series to TOS still Id recommend it to any Trek fan. It's a solid 7/10 so far.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, I really enjoyed it as well. Not sure you would see Picard, though... unless via the time travel aspect, because it's all the Pike / Kirk timeline.

Still, I'm liking Pike as a Star Fleet Captain.

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean the series Picard.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Oh. Right. I thought you meant for him to shiw up in the show. Duh.

18. malisbad

malisbad
    Expand Collapse
    Town Drunk

Missed this one. I watched the show, it was good. I finished the first book about a month ago after finishing the first season of the show....and yea, the book is way better. The romance sub-plot is basically non-existant with the OG guy, the "big twist" is revealed in Chapter 3, they didn't have it "girl boss" to the point of parody, one of the show's ultimate "crisis" moments was resolved with a blip of confidence and common sense, etc. Overall, much better storytelling than what hollywood decided was necessary.

19. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Started watching Tulsa King on a long plane ride yesterday. It ain't winning any awards, but it's pretty entertaining.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Taylor Sheridan only wrote the first episode, I think, but I actually thought it improved as it went along. And, it was renewed pretty quickly for Season 2. And, I still have a massive crush on Dana Delany, so there's that. I enjoyed it.