Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Recommend a Show

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nettdata, Oct 24, 2009.

1. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is anyone else watching Tiger King? It's the most insane thing I've maybe ever seen. Sometimes it is great fun and sometimes it adds to my anxiety. You should probably all check it out.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is the new must watch show out there, every other person on my facebook is posting about it and memes galore. Guess Ill have to check it out.

3. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

On episode two, and same feeling about it. It’s crazy how people live. I’ve always been suspicious of these types of places but it’s wilder than expected.

4. Raskolnikov

Raskolnikov
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Episode 2 here as well.
    The main question I have is, how are there NOT any laws restricting ownership of exotic animals?!?!?! That one dude owns a fucking elephant!!!
    How can that be even remotely legal?

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

What I can tell you is that it sums up my opinion that big cat people are utterly fucking insane. All of them. I don’t know if they have no frontal lobe or it’s straight-up mental retardation, but whenever one of those things — an 800 pound tiger, pure muscle with the weight of three linebackers— feels like killing you.... it just does. And you’re not going to prevent it from happening.

I think they are beautiful and incredible and I love seeing them in person. I stupidly “shook a paw” with a trained lion last summer. But LIVE and interact with those things? Fuck that. Melanie Griffith grew up in that lifestyle and she’s always been nuts.

6. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’ve been exposed to dog show people when very young, horse show people from teens to twenties and various breeders throughout my life and they are often unique to say the least. Anyone who profits off of animals like this has always been creepy to me.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Don’t know horse people, but dogs..... “Best In Show” nailed the obsessive insanity these people have with their pets, not to mention their obvious introverted-ness when around other human beings. I’ve met at least a dozen handlers that I fantasize about picking up by their face. Horrible, abusive nutbags.

8. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I’ve always wanted to go to a herpetologist convention to people watch people that collect lizards and herpes.

9. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ever watch the Vice documentary about the guys injecting snake venom? Whoa.

10. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not to derail the thread too much, but my first serious girlfriend was a Horse Girl, and the whole "Horse Girl Energy" meme had me in tears. It's absolutely true, all of it.

11. NatCH

NatCH
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well. Dispatched from Elsewhere is over, and it was quite mediocre throughout. But if you’re a fan of Jason Segel, the last episode was good. I give him props for having the balls to put it out there.

but overall the story was kinda weak.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Season 2 of Dead To Me starts tomorrow on Netflix. If for some insane reason you haven't seen Season 1, don't watch the trailer below, because there is a minor spoiler. But, also, get on that.

13. GTE

GTE
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We're halfway through season 2 and I highly recommend it. An emotional roller coaster that is just brilliant.

14. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Upload, it is a show on amazon prime. It is a comedy SciFi. In the near future wear if you are about to die you can upload your conscience into a virtual heaven. The show revolves around a guy that just went to heaven and his angel(customer service rep). Well worth the watch, first show is about 45 minutes and the rest are 25 ish, only 10 episode so you can get through it quick. Only one gripe about the show is at the very end of the last episode, one character does something rash because something happens, but if they even thought for a millisecond they would of known the answer.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Good Omens

Another very good show for Prime, a comedy that is never knew-slapping hilarious but always fun, exciting, and peppered with tip-top performances and wonderful characters. Basically the story involves a tongue-in-cheek approach to a modern Armageddon and the friendship of a priggish angel (Michael Sheen) and a playboy demon (David Tennant) who scheme together to stop it.

The two leads have endless chemistry, but the entire supporting cast is fantastic.

Nothing groundbreaking, just solid entertainment. And PG-rated, rare for a cable show these days but you won’t care.

8/10

16. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Anyone watching Solar Opposites? It's a hulu original, kind of along the lines of Rick n Morty. First episode was a little weak but they were introducing characters and world. It is some weird and fucked up shit. Love it.

17. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I found this yesterday. Agreed on the first episode but it did get better. My son came and joined me when he “definitely heard Rick being a dick” from another room. Justin Roiland has a certain style that is unmistakable.

18. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

10 Episode series starts May 29. New trailer . . .

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I've been looking forward to this one for a while now... the trailers just keep looking better and better.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Solar Opposites is good. Is far more sociopathic than Rick & Morty as the main characters regularly kill thousands of people (usually in their own home town) and only consider it mildly annoying. The big thing is the show’s running C-plot, “The Wall” (I won’t say a thing) completely stole the rest of the show and has a bigger following than the real show itself.

Solid and at times absolutely hilarious. 8/10