Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Recommend a Show

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nettdata, Oct 24, 2009.

1. dordo

dordo
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

John Safran's Race Relations:

Getting past the almost translucent skin and the annoying lisp this is a hilarious show.
    A lot of people talk about suffering for their art... I think he is the first one to actually get crucified for a tv series aswell as a link talking about the crucifixion. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-filipino-ritual/story-e6frg6nf-1225697018978

This quote from a local newspaper here probably explains it better than I ever could

Here is a trailer for it

#21 dordo, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. dordo

dordo
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Also as a follow up to the last one his last series was fucking amazing as well.

John Safran vs God:

#22 dordo, Nov 7, 2009
  3. Riggins

Riggins
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

One of the most fucking hilarious shows I watch is called Kenny vs. Spenny. It is a Canadian show that comes on Fridays on Showcase or something, and Comedy Central used to show a couple of their shows late at night, but I haven't seen them on recently. Since I live in the US, however, I watch it online.

http://www.kvso.net/ is the link to all their shows online. It has each new show uploaded by late Friday or early Saturday. Season 6 has just started, and the site has all the newest episodes up.
    (note: I think the site works best in Firefox)

The basic premise is these 2 best friends do random "competitions" against each other -- ranging from Who Can Dance The Longest to Who Do Gay Guys Like More to the most recent, Who Can Keep Their Head In A Chicken Coupe The Longest. The main attraction is Kenny, who is a perfect combination of genius and asshole, and always finds the most creative/devious ways to fuck with Spenny, a complete neurotic. Whoever loses the competition has to perform some sort of "humiliation" that the winner devises. This is where the true hilarity comes into play. I haven't laughed this hard watching TV in a long fucking time. Watch one episode, and you'll find yourself watching all the rest because it's just too damn funny.

4. Joka

Joka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Freaks and Geeks is a must. The cast is brilliant and everyone in Judd Apatow's gang is in it. It's about these kids living in the Detroit suburbs in 1980 and it's about these kids that are freaks(stoners) and Geeks(geeks). It's has a way more realistic grasp on what High School is really like and the acting is so spot on that you'll be reminded of every jock/geek/bitch/douce/etc. every time you hear a character speak. The main characters are Lindsey and Sam Weir played by Linda Cardellini(of ER fame) and John Daley(Of Waiting fame)
    The supporting actors are all famous now, James Franco, Seth Rogan, Martin Starr, Jason Segal, that small jewish dude from Inglorious Bastards. Plus every few episodes you get hilarious guest stars in short parts like Ben Stiller and Shila Lebouf(Sp?). The only problem is is that it got canceled only after one season because NBC kept on fucking with the time schedule, so no one knew when it was on. The last episode is the most frustrating because it leads all of these story lines open and to be further explained and it hurts to know that they'll never be a conclusion.
    I seriously recomend it. It's one of those shows that'll make you watch 3 to 4 episodes a day intill you run out. (Each episode is an hour long and there is only 18 episodes, you'd finish it in less than a week, but try to hold back, it'll only get you closer to dissapointment of the end)

All the episodes are on youtube
    Here's a part of an episode

#24 Joka, Dec 6, 2009
  5. bgregorcy

bgregorcy
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker

6. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Probably the best show I've watched.

If you need to be sold on it, I'd reccomend their review of the Ford Fiesta.
    Be sure to watch it all

The end of the second part is amazing.

#26 rei, Dec 13, 2009
  7. kdeuce

kdeuce
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

FM

It's basically about a couple of DJ's for a indie radio station in London. I know that synopsis makes the show seem lame as hell but just check out the first few minutes of the first episode below...

#27 kdeuce, Dec 15, 2009
  8. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm going to second, third, fourth, and 100th The Venture Bros. If you aren't watching it right now, you aren't living your life correctly.

At first I was sad that Arrested Development wasn't mentioned, but then I realized that it was just a given that everybody here had already watched every single episode of the greatest television comedy ever created. Way to go, idiots!

9. LindseyBluth

LindseyBluth
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I don't think this has been mentioned before, but everyone HAS to watch the show Party Down, which airs on Starz. I know, right? Starz has shows? Yes, this show is absolutely hilarious, and I can't recommend it enough. The first season is out on DVD, and the second season will air in March or April. Cast includes Adam Scott, Martin Starr (Freaks and Geeks), and Jane Lynch. Paul Rudd is a co-creator with Rob Thomas (creator of Veronica Mars).

The main premise of the show is that Party Down is a catering company and it focuses on all the people that work there. Basically everyone that works there is an aspiring actor or writer just waiting for their big break. Each episode, they cater a different event - hilarity ensues.

#29 LindseyBluth, Jan 4, 2010
  10. Bob Trousers

Bob Trousers
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Another British one: School of Comedy.

It's a half hour comedy (duh) show-the content is adult, but it's performed by kids aged about 12-16. It may sound lame, but trust me-it's fucking hilarious.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Archer

I'm a big fan of the stuff like The Venture Brothers, and this is along the same vein, and I find it funny as hell.

#31 Nettdata, Jan 19, 2010
  12. hubadub6

hubadub6
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'll second that. The episodes I've seen have been hilarious, and I'm pretty sure I missed jokes just because I was laughing so hard. Here's another clip:

#32 hubadub6, Jan 21, 2010
  13. Uziel

Uziel
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'm not sure if we're posting shows no longer on the air but I have to mention Firefly. In my opinion one of the best shows ever made. Its a SciFi show with a western feel but very down to earth. No lasers or robots or aliens. Very good cast and writing. Unfortunately it wasnt discovered bu the masses until after it was cancelled but it became so popular they made a movie called Serenity.

14. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

I've seen that a couple of people have already recommended Top Gear which is by far my favourite show. Another incredible one is Lie to Me on Fox. Its about this group that gets hired to solve crimes and deal with government problems because of their abilities to detect lying just from your body language. Theres an actual science behind this and its amazing when they compare someone exhibiting a universal 'tell' in the show to a real life figure.

#34 Maltob14, Jan 23, 2010
  15. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Silent Library is a japanese game show brought to MTV.

Hilarious at the time, but I was drunk.

16. MrPrime

MrPrime
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Well, time to kick back to the BBC

The new Doctor Who, so much awesome in this series. While you are at it, check out the spin off (which defies logic by being as good as the Dr. Who) Torchwood

For a pretty kick ass comedy, check out Better off Ted

The series is funny, but the best part of each show are the commercials for Veridian Dynamics

Anyone looking for some more awesome geeky comedy has to check out The Big Bang Theory

*Forgot to mention the Middleman

here is the preview for it. Its funny because it was shown on ABC Family, it is VERY PG rated, but it make the show that much more awesome. As awesome as you can get with a show that has a cancer sub and an entire episode revolving around a Mexican wrestler cartel

#36 MrPrime, Jan 31, 2010
  17. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Even though the show doesn't actually start til march I figured id give everyone the heads up. Being a huge Band of Brother and anything involving WWII I thought I would mention this show even though I'm sure most of you already know I figured I would post either way.

The Pacific

#37 Durej, Feb 6, 2010
  18. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Christ, guys. How is it that Modern Family isn't on here? It's a hilarious show with great writing and a great cast.

#38 effinshenanigans, Feb 11, 2010
  19. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Howe and Howe Tech -- Discovery Channel

These are the guys that built this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They have a show now, where they basically build and test new shit. It's like "Modern Marvels" meets "American Chopper."

20. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded