Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Recommend a Show

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nettdata, Oct 24, 2009.

1. jdoogie

jdoogie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That whole show is like a fever-dream of fucked-uppedness. It was legitimately one of the funniest and unique shows that's been out in the past decade. Sadly it only made it two seasons on SyFy before being cancelled, and it really didn't have the satisfactory ending that I would have liked to have seen, but even knowing that, it's still worth watching the whole thing.

2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Oh yeah, watched it a while ago.... I genuinely laughed out loud at the fucked-up-ed-ness.

3. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Too bad SyFy canceled it. I wish I had known about this sooner. I guess I have to crawl out from under my rock every once in a while.

4. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

and fuck them for region locking there shit. can't watch it at work.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I watch season one at Christmas multiple times. I’m pissed that they cancelled it, viewers don’t know what they missed out on.

The four-part comic is waaaaaay darker and fucked-up.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Season one is also on Netflix.

8. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

For some dumb cheap laughs, nothing serious:

The Good Place: comedy with Kristen Bell and a few other familiar faces. She is cast as a terrible person who ends up in the Good Place erroneously. Some of her flashback stories to shit she did in life crack me up. The plot has some variability after several episodes.

Disenchantment: adult cartoon that sorta gives me Futurama vibes. The 1st season is funny enough especially after a few episodes but season 2 takes off. Enjoying it a lot.

9. Whothehell

Whothehell
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I'll second the good place, but I found it's one of those "you gotta stick with it" kind pf shows.

The first half of the first season I found a little meh, second half was better. Then the second season I found quite funny and I'm glad I stuck with it.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Season 2 is out for Jack Ryan on Amazon. I've watched the first 2 episodes. It's solid. Good tension building.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yep, just watched the first two episodes last night.

I really enjoyed the first season. There were a lot of questions when John K was cast in the role, but man, did he ever deliver.

Season 2 is starting off nicely, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes.

I listen to a lot (all?) of the Jack Ryan series of audio books while I work in the shop, and find them all to be pretty enjoyable.

I just wish that they'd do a John Clark series at some point.

12. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

It would be pretty easy to just adapt Without Remorse into a short series. Solid book, and it would origin story Kelly into Clark.

13. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

14. Improper

Improper
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Well, there you go! I hope they don't wander too far off the book. I say that because they mention Rainbow 6......which is just a lot later. MBJ ought be very good in the role.

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I Think You Should Leave on Netflix is probably one of the funniest sketch comedy shows ever. It’s already better than anything SNL has put out in 15 years.

16. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Apple has entered the streaming game, and has brought a few decent shows with them for their launch.

The Morning Show - Clearly inspired by Matt Lauer's demise at The Today Show, it's the first solid drama in and about the Me Too era, with some classic media network politics to underpin it.

For All Mankind - An alternate history that asks "what if the Soviets had landed a man on the moon before Apollo 11?" Some cool ideas about how the space race would have continued as well as the social and political ramifications of losing the race to the moon.

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Living With Yourself

Pretty decent Netflix show, I was surprised. Paul Rudd plays a burnt out ad exec who unwittingly clones himself with an all-around better version who shares his entire memories and looks; and basically the worlds most awkward love triangle forms with “their” wife.

Rudd is excellent in a dual role, it has a very good balance of drama and comedy. It also trolls the viewers with timelines and the two Rudd characters, as we sometimes don’t realize which one is which.

18. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

James May: Our Man In Japan

Only a few episodes in but it’s pretty great so far if you like May’s sense of humor, if you liked The Assembler you’ll like this. It’s on Amazon Prime, 6 50 minute episodes.

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know, I swear I thought somebody here at TiB recommended this, but now I can't find where. Dracula on Netflix. It's unique, and a bit twisty, very sharp performances by the entire cast. From Mark Gattis and Steven Moffat, same folks who did Sherlock, etc. I've just watched the first two episodes (big turn at the end of Ep 2!), but I'm really enjoying it. The humor is very dark and dry. A little comedy, a little suspense, a little mystery, and little horror. (some pretty nasty, gruesome horror)

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just saw this. Pretty cool billboard for Dracula. A bunch of bloody stakes by day, and by night . . .