Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Recommend a Show

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nettdata, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yep, watched the whole series. One of the few shows that actually has a definite end to the show.

Solid 9/10 in my books.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Best thing LeBlanc has ever done, and I like how it’s premise is essentially something that often annoys modern TV viewers: the shitty American redo.

I often like when stars play off-versions of “themself” and I think LeBlanc May have outshined them all in this. That or his stalker’s boobs.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Joel McHale show. If you ever watched The Soup and liked it, this is pretty much the same show, except on Netflix. And, now he can say "fuck" without it getting bleeped. It's not the greatest thing on TV or anything, but it is pretty much just like the old show. It's interesting, because this is original (well, copied original, but whatever) programming for Netflix that is not an episode dump or whatever, and is new and topical on a weekly basis.

4. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I know that it came out awhile ago, but I finally got around to watching 24: Legacy and actually really enjoyed it. It did a great job of sticking to the formula that made the earlier seasons of the show so entertaining, and the new characters who were introduced weren't irritating like most of the ones who appeared in the later seasons of the original. Yes, there is no Jack Bauer, but Corey Hawkins was very good and is more physically intimidating than Kiefer Sutherland is anyway, and it's not like 24 was ever a character driven show to begin with.

I thought that the first six episodes were better than the last six, but it was still solid overall and better than anything that came after the first five seasons of the original series. If you're a 24 fan and have yet to watch it then I recommend it.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

“The End Of The Fucking World”

Just watch it. It’s hilarious, subversive and amazing. Eight 17-minute episodes you can blaze through in a night of comedic gems, with two wonderful teenage leads who are simply perfect and the models of generic teen angst.

I promise you it’s a winner.

9.5/10

6. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If anyone hasn't seen it yet, I highly recommend Brockmire. I just found out that Season 2 starts up April 25th.

Booyah!

7. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, well unlike season 1, I am not in ANY episodes of season 2. It'll probably suck.

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We don't have a "Don't Recommend A Show" thread, so I'm putting this here.

I watched Workaholics every now and then, and those guys would crack me up. So, when Netflix told me Adam Devine and the same dudes had a new "film" out, Game Over, Man!" I figured, sure, why not. Plus, it's got Daniel Stern, Fred Armisen, Neal McDonough. I watched the first 20-30 minutes, and it was pretty much the same schtick from Workaholics. Then, in about a five minute window, I saw two penises - one of which was severed with a knife and shown close up, detached on the floor - and two dudes making out. I don't know what happens after that.

9. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Why does this have the word don’t in it? Adding this to my queue now.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I guess to be fair, it's in the top 10 list of comedies that feature a severed penis.

11. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd say more top 3
    There's Something about Mary,
    John Wayne Bobbit Uncut
    and this.