Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Recommend a Show

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nettdata, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Cannot wait. Ed Harris, Anthony Hopkins and Evan Rachel Wood star.

2. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you guys haven't seen it, check out "The Night Manager". It's Hugh Laurie (House) and Tom Hiddleston (Loki from the Avengers). It's only a 6 episode miniseries on AMC, but it's awesome.

3. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Is anyone watching Outcast?

4. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RIVER is a 6-part British TV series with Stellan Skarsgard as the lead. It follows his character who is simultaneously trying to solve the murder of his partner, whilst also dealing with his own unstable mental state - mostly in the form of visions with his now-deceased partner.

It's a slow burn - I'm two episodes in and there was a scene towards the end of the 2nd episode that was quite powerful and confirmed this show as a must watch for me.

5. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know how this wasn't promoted more (or maybe it was and I missed it) but 2 episodes in and it's great. Billy Bob, William Hurt, Maria Bello. Basically Bad Santa as a drunk lawyer. Awesome.

6. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Black Mirror is back, six new episodes on Netflix

7. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am really starting to hate Netflix more and more. Black mirror is a Netflix original they don't have any of season 1 only season 2 they have is episode 1 and of course all of season 3.

8. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

This is why I tend to torrent all of my Netflix, even though I gladly pay for Netflix. I like to have that library of shows that I can go back and re-watch, without worrying about whether or not they will be available on Netflix later.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It does suck the ever changing availibility list.

#269 Kubla Kahn, Oct 23, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

4 episodes in. It's way better than it has any right to be. The reviews of it were so-so, but I'm really enjoying it. This show must have been made specifically for BBT.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

W/ Bob & David

I completely missed this for a year, but David Cross, Bob Odenkirk and most of the original cast of Mr. Show reunite for a four-episode sequel...and they fucking killed it. Not missing a beat, they show why these guy earned their success. The rest of their players are on point, nobody is safe and they attack the greatest of today's annoying issues including a skewering of douchebags trying to goad cops into police brutality on camera.

I hope they do a second season, because Mr. Show was brilliant and this is every bit as fast and funny.

12. Coquette

Coquette
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Billions - I've been binging on it for the past 6 hours, with no intentions of sleeping until I finish the season*.

If it's been mentioned, then I blame my inability to search within a thread on my lack of sleep - and since even my mom watched it, this probably isn't new news. Just in case we've been hanging out under the same rock, here's a YouTube trailer link and some shit I copied from TV.com - this is definitely one of the best shows I've watched since Breaking Bad.

"Billions, the bold new drama from SHOWTIME® starring Paul Giamatti and Damian Lewis, gives you secret access into the lives of two of New York’s most powerful titans. Tenacious U.S. Attorney Chuck Rhoades (Giamatti) is locked in an epic battle with ruthlessly brilliant hedge fund king Bobby ‘Axe’ Axelrod (Lewis) and there is no line both men won’t cross to win. It’s a high stakes war set in the sexy, ego driven world of high finance where both men are forced to answer the question: What is power worth?" - TV.com, Feb 2016

*I have three episodes left, and I'm just hoping my child doesn't wake up before the final episode....and that she let's me take a nap for an hour or so while I put Doc McStuffins on repeat.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Brockmire. IFC, Wednesdays 10 p

It premieres Wed (Apr 5) with Episodes 1 & 2 back-to-back. It comes on the same time as the Archer season premiere, so you'll have to watch it on demand or DVR it. You can watch the first episode right now on IFC.com or on Funny or Die.

It started as a Funny or Die sketch several years ago, and it's been turned into a TV series starring Hank Azaria and Amanda Peet. It was filmed here in Georgia, not too far from me. Last July I worked as an extra for two days for the baseball scenes. (I didn't appear in the first episode, but my team did.) I watched from the dugout for those baseball scenes in Ep 1, though, sitting with the script supervisor and the director for part of the time. I had a blast, and I look forward to seeing the whole season. It seems hit-or-miss in the first episode. There were some hilariously crazy scenes filmed - I think they filmed parts of like five episodes the two days I was there - and I was expecting it to be more slapsticky. But, it appears to be aiming for something a little deeper, even though it's a comedy. Should be fun.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just watched it, and enjoyed it thoroughly.

16. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't see how you could possibly have enjoyed it - I wasn't in either of the first two episodes. Lol.

It's kinda funny - I live right smack in the middle of the Bible belt, and there were a bunch of extras as fans, plus those of us on the field as players, umpires and coaches. We didn't hear the dialogue or see the non-field scenes. So, a lot of the extras have been all "Mom, watch me on Brockmire!" Uh, yeah, this is probably not Mom's kind of show. Fortunately, I had seen the shooting script, knew it was going to be raunchy and didn't tell my mom to watch.

That fan that was rebuilding the lawnmower in the stands is an actor named Paul Rae (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1497570/). He has some hilarious scenes in later episodes, where he is full on crazy at the ballpark. He's also a pretty big dude. Like 6-3, 280 or something.

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was on TV! If anybody watched this, I was one of the Butler Barons on the top step of the dugout.

Pretty funny episode (104) last night. Brockmire's "sweet justice!" moment from the booth was great.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

You were the dude in drag going off to group-plow his ex wife?

Figures.

Show is very solid... quite enjoying it!

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Lol. What I spent most of the time doing was standing on the field as the third base coach for one of the scenes that will be used in the finale, and it was filmed over and over from multiple angles. So, I told one of my buddies about it after. Well, in last night's episode, the "third base coach" for the Barons was bound and gagged in the trunk of that car. My buddy texted me last night, "Did they make you wear a fat suit, too?!" Dude, no. That was not me. I mean, that guy was also bald. Thanks a lot!

20. thevoice

thevoice
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Has anybody else watched 13 Reasons Why?

I haven't binged on a show in quite some time, but that one really hit me hard. Here's the Trailer. Personally: Huge fan of the message and the intent behind the show.