Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Recommend a Show

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Nettdata, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've just watched the second episode of season 2 of Broadchurch. Oh man, it is already making me crazy. I have this personal rule about not torrenting stuff, but I want so badly to torrent it so I can binge watch the whole season. URRGGHHH

2. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

IZombie anyone? For whatever reason, I find this show nicely entertaining. Dunno if that's because it mirrors my life in several ways, but it's not bad.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Season 2 of Black Sails was twice as good as the first. This show deserves mass popularity, so fucking awesome.

4. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

6. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've heard good things about it in multiple places, so I plan to check it out soon on demand. With Louie gone and Mad Men recently ended, right now all I have is Penny Dreadful and Orphan Black. Well, also Community that I keep forgetting to watch because it isn't on my DVR or Netflix. So I guess now would be a good time to do Wayward Pines.

7. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Series 8 is worth a gander.

8. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone ever watch the BBC show Friday Night Dinner? I find Simon Bird to be hilarious, and it also has Tamsin Greig (the British broad from Matt LeBlanc's show Episodes). If you're a fan of British humor at all, I highly recommend it.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I concur... fantastic show.

10. Whothehell

Whothehell
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Mr. Robot. I've only seen the first episode so far, as it hasn't actually aired yet but the first episode is available online. I really enjoyed it.

"Follows a mysterious anarchist who recruits a young computer programmer who suffers from an anti-social disorder and connects to people by hacking them."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4158110/?ref_=ttep_ep_tt

11. Zach

Zach
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just wanted to say I checked this out after seeing you mention it... really enjoying it

12. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone watching the new HBO how, The Brink? Its really, really funny and well-written. Tim Robbins is killing it.

13. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Recorded it and watched it last night. It's terrific. Rami Malek is brilliant. I even think Christian Slater is a good fit for his role. It's a pretty unique show, and has the potential to go in all sorts of different directions.

14. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I watched the first episode and thought it was excellent. I think USA is trying to up their game from the usual, campy hour long dreck they put out.

15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know fuck all about the hacking and cyber-security that is so major to the plots. But, I also know fuck all about forensic crime scene science. And, when I watch some of that CSI nonsense in weekly procedurals, I roll my eyes and have to remind myself to suspend my disbelief to allow the story to move forward. This show doesn't feet that way at all. Whether it is authentic or not, it feels like it is. The pilot was directed by Niels Arden Oplev, who directed the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (the first one with Noomi Rapace, not the US one with Rooney Mara). Sometimes it's tough to achieve a tone that's dark and gritty without feeling seedy, and I felt like the shots, pacing and focal points all blended seamlessly with the plot and the inner monologues, jump cuts, etc.

And, I agree - good on USA. They already renewed the show for season 2 before the first episode had even aired.

16. silway

silway
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I actually think USA is consistently entertaining. Sure you get a Necessary Roughness in there, but you also get Monk, Psych, Burn Notice, Suits, White Collar, and now Mr. Robot. I have Complications on DVR purely because of the USA logo on it because they're generally good at entertainment (though not always high art).

I'd echo the Mr. Robot kudos, btw, good show so far. I like the touch of the unreliable narrator they have with the Evil Corp thing and it looks like they're layering things for the future.

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Just watched the first episode of Mr. Robot... quite like it. And fully concur with @silway ... USA does a great job by and large.

18. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Catastrophe

Season One is streaming on Amazon Prime and I am a few episodes in, pretty funny stuff.

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And, In Plain Sight, which was consistently well done. (Well, that and Nichole Hiltz made appearances every now and then.)

20. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Anyone watching Making of the Mob: New York on AMC?

It's 3 episodes in (All 3 are available via torrents) and it's damn good.