Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Recent Movie Review Thread

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by atcmh, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Weapons with endless magazines are awesome. Unlimited bullets! But, it's so hard to hit them in the stomach.

2. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Remember the part in Infinity War where Starlord fucks shit up by punching Thanos while the others are trying to get the Gauntlet off? That's how irritating Chris Pratt is in this. Just a lot of "giving a fuck when it's not his turn to give a fuck".

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That is because Chris Pratt is irritating, period. I don’t know how much he can keep up the shtick of playing someone who’s always realizing what’s happening in the scene five seconds later.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Black Widow
    It was pretty ordinary, but it was fun. CGI was.good, dialogue had some snappy moments, supporting cast was solid. It was certainly not the best entry in the MCU, but it was nice to have one back on the big screen. Needed more ScarJo cleavage. The best part was definitely the end credits scene, tie-in the Falcon & Winter Soldier.

5. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The worst of it for me was when
    he's got the toxin, all he has to do is hide somewhere until the auto timer sends him back but NOOOO the daughter is in danger and he "can't leave here alone to die" even tho if he just went back in time and used the toxin as planned the fucking war wouldn't happen in the first place but whatever, let me risk it all to save her here & now anyway.
    And what's with all the nuclear family propaganda anyway?

6. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The reality is that there is no situation where you should be expending mental energy on this movie once the credits roll. It will only get worse, and the plot holes are so deep that you will never escape.

I do think it's funny that Pratt seems to be the Action Hero Who Will Risk Global and/or Universal Annihilation For a Cathartic Emotional Reaction.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Chris Pratt is about as entertaining as Jai Courtney but apparently he sucked the right dick and made it. I just don’t get his appeal.

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought he was pretty funny on Parks & Rec. And, I thought he was the right casting for Star Lord. But, he doesn't really have a lot of range. All his other roles could be played by a hundred different actors.

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

The funniest part about him were his Parks and Rec bloopers. They were pretty fucking hilarious.

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Jai must have been sucking some dicks because he got like 80 chances and was a wooden zero every time. Not sure I’ve seen him in anything other than Jurassic World but he at least had screen presence and came off as affable. Plenty of stars that aren’t really good actors but their personalities carry the role/screen presence. Jennifer Aniston is the one I always cite. She’s not done anything noteworthy but works well for the types of roles she does.

11. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Tomorrow War

A group of Libertarians nearly unleash a planet-killing ecological disaster when a single government regulator could have reduced the risk to 0.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Jai Courtney was good on Spartacus: Blood & Sand and after that chose the Christopher Lambert acting method: stonefaced & charmless.

I’d like to know why Gal Gadot gets acting roles outside of Wonder Woman, since she is 100% visual and most 4-year-old children can act better than her.

13. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So was it good?

14. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

My cousin saw Tomorrow War this weekend and raved about it. He and I are usually in lockstep for movies that we like, so I attempted to watch it. Hard pass. The first 20 minutes was all dialogue exposition (of the worst kind) and all I could think of was, "They've ripped off virtually everything from Edge of Tomorrow, including the title." Was not impressed and didn't make it through.

I remain cautiously optimistic about Dune.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I am completely optimistic about Dune, because it’s made by Dennis Villeneuve and he doesn’t make mistakes— every single one of his films are excellent. When Scorsese is gone he’ll take over as the best Hollywood director there is.

16. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

I only have two concerns about Dune so far; both involve casting.

1. Liet-Keynes is now a woman. This is a problem, as the leaders of Fremen tribes are determined by open battle fighting to the death. So I guess they're implying that a woman beat all those men in hand-to-hand combat, because Liet-Keynes is the closest thing they have to a global leader.

2. Jason Mamoa as Duncan Idaho. I love me some Jason Mamoa, and he's certainly a warrior, but Duncan Idaho is described as stocky and it's implied that he's black. I think Idris Elba would have been a better choice.

Also...where the fuck is Feyd Rautha in all of the trailers?!

17. GcDiaz

GcDiaz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Imagine starring in a whole Terminator franchise entry and no one remembers you.
    It's gonna be Timothee Chalamet in a blonde wig.

Isn't Idaho supposed to be a diplomat/ ambassador? Halleck is the battle master, that's more Momoa's range.

18. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was too dumb to be good. It made Predator look like Citizen Kane. Even if you try to turn your brain off, the plot holes and bad character decisions are too large to ignore.

19. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

And a Die Hard movie absolutely no one saw.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

People saw it, they just wish they didn’t. And it was to that franchise what Genysis was to the Terminator franchise: the absolute fucking pits, and an insult to its origins.