Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. fuzzzy

fuzzzy
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rant
    Double ear infection, sinus infection, and tonsillitis. I think my head may explode from all of the pressure build-up.

Rave
    At least now I have an excuse to sit on the couch and play Call of Duty while not helping my parents prep for the Christmas Eve and Christmas festivities.

2. lyle

lyle
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

rave: Halfway through my ridiculous working week. The past 48 hours have been fucking insane. Feels like I've been through every emotion going. The highs have been epic. Working at the club was fucking mental, but in a good way. Was probably the busiest its ever been and sold out of everything but managed to keep on top of it all.

rantFeeling absolutely emotionally and physically drained. My moods have been swinging so violently though. It's all well and good when I'm on a high, but the lows have felt crippling at times. The shift at the pub today was fucking tough but thanks to a few certain friends just being there at the right time I pulled through.
    Still got a shit ton of work to do though. Was barraged with orders for the cookbook all day which I can only fulfil tomorrow before work, doesn't leave me a lot of time to get everything else I need to do like eat or anything else that doesn't pertain to work but I'll be fine... or so I keep telling myself.

rave: In the midst of all the mania of this working week of hell, somehow out of nowhere things between me and the girl who is pretty much my perfect woman (honestly, she typifies exactly what I look for in a woman mentally and oh so physically) have seriously heated up. Like proper relationship happenings. To say the least, I am very excited.

A week ago I really was not looking forward to Christmas, I was genuinely concerned that I would not cope (depression x 70+ hr working week over christmas + being in the family house completely on my own on Christmas day with no family even remotely close to me = he recipe for an epic breakdown), I still am to an extent but at least now I'm feeling cautiously optimistic that everything is going to work out all right in the end. It's going to be tough, no question but potentially this could be one of the best Christmases I've had in recent years.

Just got to make it through the next few days (and nights) first..

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT: Custom wheel manufacturers. Specifically, their 3rd-party suppliers.

We need 7 sets of wheels for the upcoming Daytona race. More specifically, we needed ONE set as of 9am this morning so we could do a proper alignment and suspension setup on the car. This takes 2 days.

You car-junkies out there might be thinking that we're nuts for needing 2 days, but if you've ever seen the complexity of Porsche RSR suspension, and have the goal of 100% eliminating bump steer, perfect corner balancing, etc., you'll understand that 2 days is NOT a long time... it's rushing it.

Anyway, the heat-treater for the wheels we ordered screwed the pooch, and as a result, things are way late.

The car gets loaded into the trailer on Wednesday to start the journey to Daytona.

We are at the point where we now need a time machine.

4. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: My tat is half done. 4 hours to go...

Rant: Who knew my zombie pinup would hurt so bad near my ribs?! FUCK!!!

5. Bebe

Bebe
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: We're out of heating oil, so it's incredibly cold. Even the dog keeps trying to get under blankets.

Rave: My brother gave me a bottle of Crown Royal for watching his kids all last weekend.

6. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rant: Hell has officially frozen over. My dad is attempting to marry me off.

7. thatone

thatone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: "The claw" is the name I give to the feeling of an imminent expulsion of all matter within my bowels. Whilst the claw hasn't made me soil myself yet, it will one day. Fuck you, claw.

8. sisterkathlouise

sisterkathlouise
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant; I'm never drunk at normal drunk thread times.

Rant again: I just had to correct a lot of typos.

Rave the first: Awesome christmas tree.

Rave the second: Too much wine!!

Edit: I am wearing the best elf hat ever. Thought you should know. Xoxo, merry christmas, and all of those other things.

9. Crazy Wolf

Crazy Wolf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Bison steak
    RANT: Excessive seasoning. Yes, there is such a thing as too much salt, or too much onion, or too much pepper.
    RAVE: Two more bison steaks in the fridge. Man, it's nice having options beyond "oats" and "oats with raisins".

10. miss_c

miss_c
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: Christmas shopping - way to leave it until the last minute. Next year I am telling everyone to buy their own Christmas presents and send me the bill.

Rant: My stupid boyfriend won't tell me what he got me for Christmas and it is driving me INSANE. And he knows it.

Rave: Two can play at that game! Sucker!!

11. BakedBean

BakedBean
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: I am a proud new owner of a PS3. How in God's holy name have I gone without this thing for so long? It was about damn time I put the HDTV to its full potential, and so I christened the boob tube with Star Trek. And for the last two days I've been getting my fill of blowing the heads off of zombies.

Rant: I owe Lackluster $6 in late fees because my brother put the damn DVD away in the wrong case and I couldn't find it until tonight after the place closed. That'll be two free beers he owes me.

12. Southside Strangler

Southside Strangler
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Rave:I am drinking beer with roommate and my best friend! Hell yes!

Rant:I wrecked my fuckin' car last saturday! Why do I have a can of alcohol in my hand at this moment?

13. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:

Holy shit, Redskins. Jason Campbell is bad enough on his own, he doesn't need a tissue paper offensive line protecting him.

Here's my plan for the Redskins. First, continue losing so you can pick up some decent players in the draft. You're already most of the way there (to the bottom, that is). Second, assassinate your owner. Pay a homeless guy to shank him in the parking lot. Poison his food. Something. With Snyder still there, you won't have any hope. Third, Zorn is gone. He tried, but he's better off working the take out window at a fast food restaurant that's patronized only by the severely mentally retarded. This is perhaps the only position where he will excel and find acceptance. Fourth, Jason Campbell is demoted to towel boy. He's got the pocket presence of a blind person with a peg leg. Fifth, steal the offensive line from the Colts. Manning has enough time to cook a four course meal back there and still throw a touchdown. We need that. Sixth, streamline the offensive play calling procedure. At this point, the offensive coordinator calls Wesley Snipes, who calls the Prime Minister of Canada, who calls one of the Redskins cheerleaders, who then translates the play to Zorn, who then barks the play to Campbell, who then fucks it up (Purple Monkey Dishwasher).

I love this team, but they're blasting me and a bunch of other fans in the ass this year.

14. hawkeyenick

hawkeyenick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RANT: My cocksucker of a Property professor gave me a fucking C in the class. The class was miserable and he assigned more work than was humanly possible to finish in the time he allowed to the degree that he desired. I'm probably going to have to take the class again next quarter to get my grade up. Fuck that guy.

RANT 2: My wife and I can't leave for home until late in the day on Christmas Eve, but we basically have to drive across the Plains, so there's a very good chance we aren't making it home for Christmas. FUCK!

15. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Windows 7. It has slowed my computer down, and I can't seem to access some of my stuff.

16. LindseyBluth

LindseyBluth
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rave: My husband bought me an Amazon Kindle for Christmas. I love it!

Rant: The midwest is supposed to get hit hard with winter storms in the next few days, but nothing is pin-pointed yet. I'm a little worried about trying to drive from MN to Iowa tomorrow night if there is freezing rain.

Rave: Might not make it to my parents' for Christmas. Shucks. Darn. Dang it. I'm just so upset about it. (Ha ha ha ha ha ha...)

17. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Plane got into Ohio yesterday. Wow it is cold, just, so cold.

18. Sean Daley

Sean Daley
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rave: Since I work in a school district, I get to relive childhood with a nice winter break. I just started after Thanksgiving, we already had 2 snow days, and I already have a couple weeks off. I don't think this job could get any better.

19. Moose

Moose
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Lost enough weight that I can finally wear this hoodie, from tshirthell. Had to snip the neck 'cause it was uncomfortably tight, but it's worth it to see people's reactions.

Attached Files:

20. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant I'm certain Brittany Murphy's toxicology report will show an overdose of prescription drugs.

Probably prescribed through multiple doctors for multiple people, yet marijuana is still "illegal" and has a much stronger stigma.

I guess pot needs some lobbyists.