Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: I broke my littlest toe on my left foot. The tiny fucker somehow managed to swell up enough so that I cannot wear closed-toe shoes. And it's deep purple/black, so I feel extremely self-conscious wearing flip-flops everywhere. It looks like gangrene, damn it.

RANT: I have a job interview tomorrow. I have to wear closed-toe heels. I don't know how this is going to work. Do I cut a little hole in the side and let my purpley mini-sausage toe hang out? Do I spray paint my feet black and walk in barefoot, hoping it'll go unnoticed? FUCK.

Rave: The Dude is home. Yay! I missed him.

2. Seeker

Seeker
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: college girls. Seriously. It's been a long three months. Thank god for you, ladies.

3. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I don't remember typing this at all. I was so incredibly shitfaced. I'd been up for about 36 hours, and had spent the last 20 of them using my liver as hi level alcohol filtration (1 bottle Ketel One, three bottles Cab Sauv).

4. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: broke my phone? edit: not broken. Yuss.

Rant: have to book appointment at apple store? You couldn't help me with my problem when I walked in, even though you were just standing around? Oy vey.

Rant: waiting on mall bench and some random couple sits down and start making out, sloppy kissing noises included. Fucking high school.

5. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE! Killed the interview. Basically have to do a test assignment to demonstrate my skills for the position

Minor Rant: I haven't touched a toolset like this in years. There will be much manual reading in my future.

6. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Rave: I finally amassed enough hours to apply for my engineering certification! And holy cow, do things move quickly. I applied on Thursday, the engineers in my office got the paperwork Friday and Monday (other engineers have to vouch for you), and I sit the professional ethics test in under two weeks.

Knock on wood everything goes through, I'll have a shiny new ring to wear on my pinky finger.

Small Rant: I hate wearing jewelry, especially on my right hand.

7. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Getting a call that my son is on the floor and can't breath is not how I wanted my evening to end.
    He's okay. Thank God.

8. JDTheHero

JDTheHero
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: My best friend and his girlfriend just got engaged this weekend! I knew in advance but it is still very exciting, I'm super happy for the both of them!

Selfish Rant: My girlfriend told me that he wasn't picking me as his best man. Kind of a kick to the nuts, as I really assumed outside of his brother (who he did not pick), I would be the one to stand beside him up there. Oh well, I will be a groomsman and will be there to help celebrate the day!

Rave: Already planning the bachelor party!

9. dewercs

dewercs
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave The mortgage industry has been slow for me this year and the lack of income was threatening to make me hunt and fish less but just landed 2-3 shifts a week at a small cowboy bar in Old Town Scottsdale. My hunting and fishing habits are safe.

10. AlmostGaunt

AlmostGaunt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: This is the greatest set of wedding photos I've ever seen, bar none. Sorry married people, your photos suck compared to these.

Odd Rant: make-up. I work at a Uni, and today I was sipping my coffee, watching the students walk past. The student population here is multicultural, artsy, and a little bit progressive, so there are all sorts of fashions on display. I'm slightly odd, but when I catch the train in the morning and see a thousand bored people wearing penguin suits, I find the effect somewhat dystopian and frightening, so I like the diversity of students. However; today, all their faces were the same damn colour. Aryan, asian, and everything in between, everyone is sporting this unnatural white/pink colour. The uniformity is creepy. Look, I get conforming in the workplace, but Uni is a time when you are supposed to be finding out who you are and what you want to look like, not packaging yourself to look identical to everyone around you. After seeing about 40 of these clones with their pearl white faces (with hint of red on each cheek!) and orange tans in the middle of winter, I just wanted to grab one and start shouting "there's nothing wrong with different complexions or visible pores. You don't have to slather on make-up until everything you perceive as a flaw is hidden beneath this mannequin exterior to go out in public."

Now kids, get off my lawn.

11. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Damn! Went to bed at 11pm all ready for a nice good sleep to get up early in the morning to apply for jobs. Now it's 4am and I am wide awake. Tricky body...

12. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: After having too much on our TV plate for too long, my wife and I have finally started watching Always Sunny in Philadelphia. We're just finishing the third season. Great, great show and I regret taking this long to get into it.

Rant: Speaking of my wife... She's been on this "I don't want to eat meat" kick for over a year now. Her search for substitutions caused her to buy a box of President's Choice soy burgers. She didn't like them, so they've been sitting in the freezer for months.

To get to the point... I tried one last night and it didn't take me long to understand why she stopped eating them. Those things are fucking putrid. I feel like I need to drive out to the country and take a bite out of a live cow just to get the taste out of my mouth.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Rant: Came home last night to take my sister for her radiation treatment this morning. Unfortunately, last night my 15 year old chocolate lab had a fatty tumor on his leg "pop" and bleed everywhere. It was a pain to take care of and we wrapped an ace bandage around it and put some anesceptic on it.

Rave: Luckily, it didn't seem to pain him and we didnt have to take him to vet (it scabbed up), as it would have been "the trip."

14. BadBrains

BadBrains
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RANT: Nobody will shut up about it. It's fucking headline news in CT, and they are interviewing people like it was 9/11 all over again.

RAVE:

Attached Files:

15. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: It's been a week since this shit went down and I haven't heard a peep from her about wanting to talk about it.
    RANT: I don't want things to be over, but I can't put up with it anymore.

RAVE: I think I'm going to come out the other side ok.

16. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Rant: I fucking hate cancer. Rest in peace, Steph. You fought a good fight, you've earned this rest.

17. shabamon

shabamon
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RAVE: I wrote this in the "Can Somebody Help Me With This" thread a few weeks ago. The original interviewer called and said one of the people they chose can't fulfill the position, and since I was the next best guy, called today and made me an offer! Fuck yeah. Tonight I'm toasting to "Quitting your bullshit soul-sucking job for a new awesome job where you're already friends with half of the staff."

RANTish: My mind is going in a million places. I have loose ends to tie up with my current position before I can just leave. I'm supposed to be starting at the new gig September 12, so I will have to move from Cincinnati, so that means coordinating where I will move to and lifting all my shit, which I hate to do. I also still have six months on my lease and I don't think they'll let me out of my lease unless I beg. Scrambling to find a subleaser is something I don't want to have to do. Otherwise I might owe $3500 to my landlord. Yuck.

18. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: aww shit i'm on a plane mother fucker!

Rant/rave I don't know when I'll see California again.

Weirdness: In both states I will be intoday there was a 5.0 + quake. What does it mean?

Also, any Northern Va/Dc idiots having a hurricane party we can crash?

19. Flagrant

Flagrant
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: I just got back from a 3 mile run ( I just started up running again after being lazy for a few months. Feels absolutely great to be getting back into shape.

Rave: I did this on my "day off" which means I didn't have to go into work but get paid all the same.

Rave: After 2 weeks of waiting for the adoption to go through, I will finally (cross my fingers) be bringing home a 9 month lab mix. I am so excited.

Rant: The distance is getting rough with me and my girlfriend. We both struggle from time to time, but it is hard not being able to see her on a consistent basis.

Related Rave: I met all of her Italian extended family this last weekend and they all seemed to like me. That was reassuring, not that I expected anyone to not like me or anything. Everyone likes me. (Right? RIGHT?) There was an awesome block party the family threw with a bunch of activities for the kids, a lame dj, and a bunch of amazing food and lots of beer/homemade wine. I am going to miss Summer.

20. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Rave: One of the perks of my position is that I can do most of my work from home. Like today when I didn't feel like hanging around the office I just told my boss I was going to work from home for the rest of the day.

Rave: Working from home also means I can cook my own lunch, which today meant delicious tacos.