Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

RANT/RAVE: Had a wicked cough this morning, so my Mom (gotta love visiting the family) gave me some cough medicine. I swigged it back, and yep, my cough is now gone. She assured me it was "daytime formula", and I could drive and everything. And whaddayaknow... I'm now higher than a fucking kite. Good luck working today.

2. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

???: Dad called and dropped a bomb on all of us this weekend. He proposed to his new woman and she said yes. The ink on his divorce papers is barely dry. However, it's not really how fast this all happened that bothers me (he's clearly known her for longer than we all knew), but it's that my sister and I haven't met this woman yet. To me, that says that the approval--or disapproval, whatever the case may be--of the only two people whose opinions should matter most on his side, doesn't mean anything to him. I mean, I want him to be happy. But dude, let me fucking meet the broad before you put a ring on her.

I guess I'm just disappointed that he didn't put any thought into how we might have felt about this.

3. Sicnevol

Sicnevol
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm sitting here watching my friend get Chemo. She's taking a nap, and I'm so upset. She should never have to do something like this. Its awful. I'm happy it will save her life and everything, but its just such a shitty thing to go through. I wish I could do it instead of her, I'm use to all this shit. Shes never been sick a day in her life until now, and its scary.

I'm also helping her figure out how to pay for all her medical bills. This is a giant clusterfuck.

4. DrunkBilliken

DrunkBilliken
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: I cannot fucking study anymore. I took 18 hours this semester, which wasn't bad until finals week rolled around. I've got two more exams tomorrow and am completely burnt out after the first four.

Rave: Got a phone interview this week for a job after I graduate. And less than 3 weeks until Breckenridge for my first Colorado ski trip.

5. cdite

cdite
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: Helped my mom clear out the attic at the parents place cause my dad is busy as hell at work and came across this, [​IMG]

Thats right bitches, I got that shit when I was like 6 ( never shot my eye out ). I own multiple firearms but I haven't been this excited over one in awhile, currently going to the nearest sporting goods store to get some BB's

6. Slambrarian

Slambrarian
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Just heard the greatest conversation in the ladies room at work. Two 300+ pound women discussing the smallness of the stalls in the bathroom (they are pretty regular sized I think) then debating who had smaller bathroom stalls - Arby's or Wendy's? It's a vicious circle ladies, a vicious circle.

"Apparently they don't believe in larger women. I used to be able to fit into these stalls. They must think women only come in one size." This is just more gym motivation for me.

7. LindseyBluth

LindseyBluth
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: I had to go to my husband's Christmas party this weekend. It was terrible. The women he works with are the cattiest bitches I have ever met. I would be standing there talking to them (after just meeting them) and when one woman would walk away to get another drink or something they would immediately start talking shit about her. They did this to everyone - each person that would go do something else for a minute would get bashed until they came back. I would normally step in and say something, but I didn't want to start any mad mojo for my husband at work, so I just excused myself and hung out with my husband and the rest of the men while they played pool. My husband warned me that these women were bitches, but I really had no idea. Yuck.

Rant: At the Christmas party, one of my husband's bosses walked in on me in the bathroom. I was done peeing and had pulled my pants almost all the way up. Thankfully, he didn't bring it up the rest of the night. I manage to embarass myself in almost any situation I'm in.

Rave: My husband and daughter and I are having our own little family Christmas this coming weekend. We have to be in Iowa around our families over the actual Christmas holiday, so we're going to have a relaxing weekend together - making food, playing games, and opening our gifts for each other. Then the next weekend, we'll go back to Iowa and want to kill ourselves after being around each other's (and our own) families. We just can't bring ourselves to not go back even though it makes us both miserable.

8. uzisuicide

uzisuicide
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE:
    First time homebuyer credit check today. Thank you, BO, for making me 8k richer.

RAVE2:
    They added interest to it. Not only am I 8k richer, I'm $8200 richer. I plan to blow the shit out of the extra $200, and spend the rest on house stuff (appliances, window treatments, etc).

9. Chirpy

Chirpy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: The spur-of-the-moment massage on Saturday was the best idea I've had in ages. I couldn't move my leg without flinching in pain and my shoulders were just ridiculously tight. While it was a little weird to be completely buck naked on the table with some chick telling me to breathe every five seconds and coming a weeeeee bit too close to my lady-bits, it was completely worth it. My back muscles and hip popped like popcorn the whole session and my back is still cracking two days later. Yay for relief!!

RAVE: All Christmas shopping done and now it's time to just enjoy the holiday season. Toys for Shots hosted by my two best friends in a couple of days, too! It's nice to finally use my alcoholism for the greater good!

10. manihack

manihack
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: My dad's identity was stolen. I found the guy's name, address, and phone number, but that's about as far as I can go with my resources (i.e. google.) If anyone has any tips as to how I can find out more about this guy I would appreciate a PM. He is older, so I'm guessing someone stole his identity, and they are now using his identity to steal others, but if that isn't the case I am going to fuck this dude's world up* to the best of my ability.

* Nothing illegal of course.

11. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant Broke up with my girlfriend, should have taken the cat with me. Bitch

12. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant/Rave: My idiot resident manager came knocking on my door last night at 10:30 with wild stories of how a new company has bought out the apartment building I live in and how they are going to force him out as manager. He had this plan that if a lot of tenants write letters saying that he's a good guy, they'll let him stay. Now this guy is straight nuts, absolutely fucking bonkers. But he stays out of my shit and the only really downside to him is that I have to talk to him once a month when I give him the check. So I wrote the letter.

I figure two things can come of this:

1. The new company doesn't give a shit about it and he is gone. (Highly likely)
    2. The new company decides to let him stay, based on my eloquent endorsement. (Not likely at all)

It's a win-win. Either I get a new manager and not have to talk to crazy anymore or crazy gets to stay. In which case I am the new fucking golden tenant around there. Don't really care which happens, so I guess it's more of a don't care-don't care. Whatever. Two exams done, finally get some money tomorrow, after a lonnnggg penniless week due to fucking theives robbing my checking account. Things are looking up.

13. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant:A few years ago I used to shop at Banana Republic for clothes. They used to have nice stuff, but now it is waaaaay to hipsterish.

But people still get me gift cards for there. I am now sitting on nearly 500 bucks in gift cards. What do I do with them? Is there a market to sell them and use them to pay rent or something.

Rave: I got a call from my dad and his girlfriend asking when I was available as they needed to schedule a delivery for my Christmas gift. I have no idea what you schedule a delivery for. With my luck it will be a live animal.

14. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Got an offer for a job today from a friend. She's moving to another office and a higher position and offered me her current job. I don't have the job yet but I'm still excited. The salary is double my current income.

15. p00g0blin

p00g0blin
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: First real snow, up here. Took my truck out for some much needed snow drifting today. Heavy storm in the forecast - can't wait to see what tonight & tomorrow brings.

Always a good time in the winter. Love the arctic rally sessions.

16. numeric

numeric
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Final projects are DONE! Just one exam left on Friday morning.

Double Rave: Roomie comes back from 6 months of 25B AIT tomorrow. Let the drunken revelry commence.

17. NurseNikki

NurseNikki
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

RANT: My christmas roster sucks ass. 7 days straight ending on christmas afternoon, 2 days off then right into 2 weeks of nights. I guess I made the naughty list?

RAVE: I finally picked up my car from the panel shop after my 3 car accident. All shiny and new... they even detailed it. No more driving a 3 door loan car with the engine power of a slender blender.

RANT: Nearly half of the 14 bed unit at work is full of overdose patients. I guess I should thank last weekends bad batch of GHB and the increase in suicide attempts at christmas for my continued employment?

RAVE: I discharged 3 OD patients in 45 minutes today. "Just roll over while I swab your rectum for VRE..... what's that, you want your clothes so you can leave?"

RANT: I had to swab a junkies rectum. He wouldn't leave until, in his words, I've had my breakfast, you bitch."

RAVE: 5 weeks till annual leave. Poolside bar and drinks with umbrellas, here I come.

18. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Semester is over. Four weeks off!

Double-Rave: Christmas shopping is done!

Triple-Rave: I get to put mom on a plane Sunday and ship her to my sister for the holidays.

19. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: Car problems again.

RAVE: Automotive thread.

20. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I got the Sunny Xmas special, thigh highs and lots of wine from my girlfriends for my bday. Oh, and a hotel party Thursday night that may or may not include midget strippers.

I love my girlies!