Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. DrunkBilliken

DrunkBilliken
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: Came home from vacation with limited internet access to find the RMMB six feet under.

Rave: What a vacation it was. Drove from St Louis to Dallas for the Red River game, then spent a couple nights in Tulsa at a friend's house (pretty much on their parents' dime)

Here's to the second coming of the Idiot Board being as entertaining as the first.

2. Jubes2681

Jubes2681
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: My internet died in the middle of doing sequence analysis on a file I was working on online and I lost about 300 DNA sequences that took me over 3 hours to work on. Fuckin' a.

Rave: Apollo 13 on HD on demand is keeping me entertained during the mind-numbing sequence work.

Rant: I was annoyed I had to go digging around for my avatar again and it's still not exactly right. Ah well. C'est la vie and all that bullshit.

Rave: Pretty happy I remembered my signature line; I just love Principal Moss.

3. NurseNikki

NurseNikki
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

RANT: Sometimes I wish I could slap the stupid out of some patients...just ONCE. Here's a reality check for you. If your last words before being intubated are " but how will I eat?" you're too fucking fat. If you have to be intubated because at the age of 30 fucking 7 your heart is giving out and leading to respiratory failure.... you're too fucking fat.

RAVE: I laughed so hard today that I snorted. After assisting with the intubation of the above man, the doctor asked me to "hold the panis" while he inserted a femoral line. A combination of noise/Indian accent (and the fact that he was hovering in the general vicinity of the mans junk) lead me to believe he said penis. I leaned over, grasped the penis by the thumb and forefinger and was greeted with a horrified look by the doctor. It turns out that the PANIS is the flap of fat that hangs over the waist line of obese people.

Bonus RAVE: The Urban Dictionary meaning of the word panis: Medical term for fat that hangs over the waist line " like a separate entity"

4. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: To echo the poster above: Two midterms this week....AND a large paper that serves as a midterm for an English class. Fuck man, this'll be tough. Luckily I'm a fucking genius.

Rave: My car will be arriving here from Maui on Friday. Boo-ya! AND after this bullshit week, I don't have shit due for awhile. AND I'm heading back to Maui for Halloween weekend. booooo-ya.

Rave: Free coffee in the library. Fuckin' A, first free thing this fucking school has given me yet. I'm going to drink 8 cups in the next 2 hours just to spite them.

Now just gotta get through this week. I wish you guys would have held off on making this site until Friday. I sit here studying shit and constantly have this "urge" to come check out whats going on here on the ole' idiot board.

5. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Don't call it a comeback...

6. hotwheelz

hotwheelz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: It's my motherfuckin' birthday! One more year 'til 21.

7. J-Man

J-Man
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

RANT: My project supervisor is off sick AGAIN. I have have no access to him as the Out of Office auto reply wall is firmly back up. I desperately need help with my research and this is not helping in the slightest.

8. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh dear God, I am hungover. Somebody explain to me why it is necessary to drink enough wine to float an aircraft carrier on a Tuesday.

9. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant I lost my avatar forever (most likely) when the old board went poof and I really really liked it.

Rave I'm so glad the pop culture board is back here. I need somewhere to talk about Dexter, House, The Office, Sons of Anarchy etc.

10. yosup

yosup
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rant : after being a long time lurker, decided to make my first post on RMMB the other day...and well, we all know what happened.

11. satan rae

satan rae
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant- My District Manager canceled our group meeting this week in favor of meeting up with everyone face to face.
    This means no free breakfast outside my store with the hot manager from another province, instead I will be expected to do actual work while my DM drinks coffee and helps me accomplish nothing

Rave- Its beautiful outside on my day off for the first time in over a month.

12. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave Found my avatar on an old photobucket account that I haven't used in about 3 years.

13. youaresomoney

youaresomoney
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

RAVE: 15 days 'till I turn 21!!!
    RANT: I'm scared that I may become a full blown alcoholic.

14. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: doing the "right" thing really sucks sometimes.

15. Warna

Warna
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rant: My fat, disgusting, piece of shit suite-mate didn't get out of bed at all yesterday. He showers MAYBE twice a week, orders food and eats it in the room almost everyday, and does laundry once a month. He hasn't been to a single class since the second week of school. The only thing that gets him out of this room is his job at the dining hall. Sometimes the smell is unbearable. It's a combination of B.O., dining hall, and old food. No matter how much my other suite-mates and I rip on him, he doesn't change.

Rave: My buddy and I put our pubes in his pizza the other day and in his bed from time to time. He ate the pizza. The only thing that's keeping me sane is the knowledge that he is literally eating and sleeping in our pubes.

If anyone has any other suggestions for pranks, I'm listening.

16. Spoz

Spoz
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Turned 21 on Saturday!
    Rant: I feel like I've wasted my youth, and worry more than ever about becoming an alcoholic.
    Rave: My presents included two bottles of very nice scotch! Hooray for enablers!

17. big B

big B
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RANT I thought that since the RMMB board went down I might actually get some work done, but apparently I was very, very wrong. Damn you guys for furthering my incessant procrastination.

RAVE After my bid on Thursday, I might actually get to relax for a change, plus I've got a FWB booty call set up for the weekend.

RANT I'm with some of you guys. I miss the rep system.

18. Moose

Moose
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Parents went to vegas for 5 days, leaving myself and my sister home. Why a rave? Because I don't have to do vegas with my parents, and I don't have any obligations any of the days they're gone before 3pm. Hellloooo excessive alcohol consumption!

19. Fernanthonies

Fernanthonies
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: we have an IT consultant coming into our office tomorrow (was supposed to be this afternoon) to evaluate our department. They are trying to wrap all the IT departments of all the sister companies into one and run it remotely from the parent companies location. The good thing is that we are really mainly a software development department that occasionally does IT support for the rest of the office, so we should be immune to the replacement.

If this consultant shows up and his name is Bob, I'm gonna lose my shit.

Rave: Star Wars Live in Concert tonight! Yes I am that big of a nerd, and I am going to love every minute of it.

20. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Chinese food was a bad idea for lunch...I want to curl up in my office and rip out my stomach lining.