Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Continued Rant: What's that? Another shooting? And not far from where I live? Awesome. Get fucked, Toronto.

Pet Peeve Rant: People who upload a picture to their Facebook account and then tag a bunch of people who aren't in the goddamn thing.

Nerdy Rave: The Wii release of Super Mario All-Stars is coming to North America.

2. thevoice

thevoice
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave:

Just spent the past five days with my Dad. The weather was shit, and the hockey team couldn't manage to erk out a win for him - But everything else went flawlessly. We ate great food, drank a ton of wine and spent some great father-son time together. While he was here, he booked a trip to Phoenix for us, so come January I will be heading to Phoenix to golf, watch the Coyotes and Suns and escape the Prairie cold for a week.

Oh yeah, and he also filled our fridge, bought the girlfriend some yoga-pants that she's been pining for, and splurged on a new 42-inch Panasonic HDTV and stand.

The reason why he can afford to do all of this? Life insurance money that he received when my Mom passed. His motto is: "Now is the time where we have to be kind to ourselves."

Rant:

Spending five straight days with my Dad also served as a constant reminder that she's gone and isn't coming back.

Rave:

Lulu Lemon pants. Seriously the greatest invention ever. My girlfriend has a great ass to begin with, and when she puts them on I go crazy. Am I the only one who gets incredibly turned on by a hot girl in those tight pants?

I swear to God those pants could even make Susan Boyle's ass look appealing.

Rave:

I have settled on my Halloween costume. I'm going to be the old-man from Family Guy. Instant hilarity is bound to occur. We're hosting a Halloween-bash on Saturday and I plan on getting absolutely shit-canned drunk. After such a busy week at work I am going to enjoy every second of the weekend.

3. Nothingdoing

Nothingdoing
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rave: Old boss just called and asked me to send him my CV. God I hope this means he has something coming up for me

Rant: If not then I'll have to keep looking and working at this shit hole

4. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: first time trying to make pot roast tonight
    Rave: Halloween weekend coming up. Already got a pack of halls so I can mock the Bale Batman voice.
    Rave: Habs won again.
    Rant: Still two days of work.

5. Backroom

Backroom
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: First day off in four months coming up the day after Halloween!
    Rant: Four more days.
    Rave: Halloween means drinking with whores!

6. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: So glad I started drinking stout beers, they lead me into a love of coffee. New coffee maker for the house and I'm ready to go to work today.

Rant/Rave: Rave on one hand, sold out of everything at the restaurant last night. Rant because I get to work my silly ass off today making every damn sauce and prep for everything. Running a one-man kitchen is fun

7. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Can't get the smell of garlic off my hands.

8. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Sleep schedule is still off, had to drink coffee two days in a row. For reference I usually drink coffee less than once a month.

Rave: One of my best friends flew into Boston today for the weekend.

Rant: Can't get there till tomorrow.

9. KillaKam

KillaKam
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE It's been a good week in the sports world. The NBA season is underway, the World Series has begun, and 6 unbeaten BCS teams are on the road this weekend. The Cavs beat Boston without the Quitness last night, and John Wall makes his debut tonight. If only the Rangers can get back on track and even up the series with SF...

10. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Because the internet at our condo is bullshit, and I got sick and tired of it, I have been complaining/negotiating with our current provider. I've also been researching quite a few new options that we could implement. Well, after a good month's work, it seems like we have finally come to an agreement with our current provider. We're getting our line (for 119 units) moved from 10 Mbps to 40 Mbps (although we're putting a cap per unit to make sure bandwidth is distributed properly). We're also coming down in price by about $7/unit. Ultimately, we will be saving over $800 for the association per month and getting much better internet. It also sounds like since I worked well with the sales guy I might get my line uncapped and get a static IP.

Rant: Working 12-18 hour days everyday (including weekends) for the last 2 weeks has been tough. Stupid elections. I can't wait for them to be over. One of our clients is a very polarizing member of congress from the right. Her family also owns a flower shop or two. I'm sick of hearing about her.

Rave: I may get a free day off after elections. Lord knows I deserve about five free days.

Rave: Catering. I've learned that fast food joints have amazing catering since I've been working so much (we're getting meals provided). KFC. Hell yes. Dino's Gyros. Fuck yeah. Even places like Baja Sol have pretty damn good catering.

11. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: After nearly two weeks of feeling like death, I'm finally getting over this damn cold.

Rave: All the sickness, new workout routine and stress through my hormones out of wack and I was a week late. I'm not going to be a Mommy. Yay!

Rant: Coming off depression meds fucking sucks. Please Dr. Dan find me something that works better and is cheaper.

Rave: New job opportunity.

Small rant: It's retail but because of the letters after my name, I'll make more money.

12. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

13. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave leading to a...: Found a great townhouse two blocks away from where I live
    Rant: Don't have the money to pay down my debts enough to qualify for the mortgage. Oh well, a few more months.

14. Tyty

Tyty
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: I'm an idiot. For some reason I think that "I miss her voice" is reason enough for me to call up an ex girlfriend who I'm not at all over. I think about this girl multiple times a day, I don't need more reminder of her. If somehow I could get a function on my phone that would smack me in the face whenever I had one of these bright ideas, I would buy it in a second.

Rave: She sounded amazing.

15. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Saw Daniel Tosh last night at my old stomping ground UMass Amherst.

Rant: Both his set and the second opener were almost completely flat and lacking energy. Tosh seemed tired and almost bored to be there. I really wish we had been able to get tickets to the 7:30PM show instead of the 10:30PM show. Also there's nothing worse than cramped uncomfortable seating to kill any remaining inkling of funny.

Rave: Halloween is here! A couple friends and I are going as the guys from Pineapple Express. I'm going to be Saul (Jame's Franco) complete with kitten being eaten by shark t-shirt. Looking forward to wearing a comfortable costume that I won't sweat to death in for once.

Rave: With my much relaxed travel schedule and finally being able to take my puppy back in the woods to hike I'm getting in ridiculous shape. I finally logged my mileage on the trail loop we've been doing and was surprised it was 9.5 miles long. I'll be taking my shirt off at clubs like The Situation in a month or two.

16. Dr. Gonzo Esquire

Dr. Gonzo Esquire
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: First of three Halloween parties going down tonight. I'm going to try to do a different costume per party. Tonight: Alan Shore from Boston Legal; suit, black rabbit ears, cigar, lots of scotch.

17. rei

rei
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: going home at 4 is a 'late night' for me.

18. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Fuck, walking to the store and some guy is walking his small dog in the parking lot. Next thing I know the dog is screaming because it was hit by a car that just kept on driving. All I can think about is that poor dog's screams, I hope it wasn't hurt to bad.

19. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: Just got a second night job.
    RAVE: Doubling my income.
    RAVE: Health insurance.

20. Aetius

Aetius
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I hate you all. Especially you.