Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: Da Bears....

RAVE: Won our rugby match on Saturday 28-18 against a team that should have pounded us by two or three tries. I played out of my mind well and we didn't lose a scrum the entire match. I personally took two opposing props out of the match (it was a dirty match all around and I did my part), and left the opposing hooker with his eye swollen shut. He will never punch another man in the balls again.

RANT: I also managed my first real case of cauliflower ear. This shit fucking kills. My left eye waters if I so much as brush up against it. I was taking the ball into contact, got stood up by the flanker and the lock crushed my ear with a blind head to head tackle out of nowhere. Well played, assholes. Well played.

2. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2-0? Stanford 3-0 and in the Top 20? I know this won't last long, but I'm loving sports right now.

3. gogators

gogators
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Forgot to tighten the clamp on my truck's top radiator hose and now $45 worth of coolant is somewhere between the office and the house.

Rave: At least nothing leaked from the new parts.

Rant: That's probably because there wasn't any coolant in the radiator.

Rant: Now I get to drain all of the tap water I just put in there and put another $45 worth of coolant in it when I get home.

4. Dread

Dread
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: The Town. I found it slower than the trailer made it seem, but it was a good goddamn movie. Here's to you, Affleck.

Rave II: Alice in Chains are pretty fucking good live.

Rave III: Sat down last night and played LEGO Batman with the wife for an hour or so. Her and I are going to have plenty of fun with that game. It's always nice to find a game that we can easily play together.

Rant: This is going to be a busy, busy day and I'm not looking forward to any of it. 2:30 can't come quickly enough, but even when it does, I'll probably have to stay late.

5. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave:
    Went up to VT for the weekend. Drank a lot, played golf for free, and just generally had an awesome time.

Rave:
    Came back a little early yesterday so I could finally hang my TV on the wall and re-route all of the components to a rack in the other room. Cleans up the living room really nice. Gotta set up the RF remote tonight and hang the center channel speaker, but the big stuff is taken care of and everything works perfectly.

Rave:
    Got everything finished and cleaned up just in time to watch the night game. I could really give a shit about either team, but it was nice to relax and enjoy my work.

6. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Drank more than I should have watching football yesterday

Rave: I somehow feel much more awake and alert than I did after Saturday night where I was responsible and only had a couple glasses of wine.

7. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rant: My ankle is fucked up. When I sprained it cartilage chipped off. It has lodged itself in another joint in my foot where it's happily scraping up a ligament and making my range of motion pathetic. I'm pissed because it's been 2 solid months of this shit hurting. Why couldn't it have just been a sprain? If it doesn't go away in 6 weeks surgery will become a pretty real possibility. Fuck that noise.

Rave: At least I know what's going on now. And, I guess if I have to deal with this it's pretty decent timing. Extra plus side is I go to therapy for free and the charges still go towards my deductable.

8. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: I am still sick.

RANT: This was an answer to an online quiz I just took for a class...

"ERP asks employees to change how do their jobs and therefore change management is important to communicate with and educate employees."

Are you fucking kidding me? The school I'm in has recently expanded and as a result, hired on many more professors to accomodate the much larger class sizes. This is the result. The school is hiring anyone with a high enough degree in their field... not people who can actually teach the fucking subject. Christ, if anything they could give us professors that can communicate well.

9. T0KEN

T0KEN
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

RANT:

Lent a friend my Jeep as he needed to tow a trailer, got it back with fucked up steering.

RAVE:

NFL!

10. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Rave: Renos are ticking along nicely. Fingers crossed, everything should be done by Thanksgiving (the proper Thanksgiving, on Oct. 11, not the silly American one).

Rave: David Hasselhoff is dancing the Cha-cha-cha to Sex Bomb on DWTS. It's hysterical.

Rant: Why the fuck am I watching Dancing With The Stars?

11. MadDocker

MadDocker
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Chris Judd won the Brownlow medal... What a joke.

12. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I'm keeping this one in the vault until the next time we have a Serious Thread.

13. Vanilla

Vanilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: So much new TV to watch and pick shows.

Rave: Got 20 mins into Boardwalk Empire and loved it.

Rave: Downloading them all on my new 25 mbps connection. Nothing like getting a TV show in 2 - 5 mins, except if I could have convinced everyone to spring for the even more expensive internet grades.

14. sharald27

sharald27
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: October is almost here which means hockey season is going to be here soon. Blackhawks will be my life. My friend Dan and I went to Walmart at 1 am to get poster boards and sharpies so we can put signs over the balconies of our apartments to show our Chicago pride. That's right, Chicago, because we are the only major city to have won championships in the 4 main sports within the last 25 years.

Rave: Because I decided to smoke hookah, watch Ghostbusters, eat at Steak n Shake, and make trips to Walmart tonight...I was not able to study for an important art history test tomorrow and I have to wake up early in the morning to go to class. Fuck school.

15. Judas

Judas
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: shitshitshitshitshitshitshit. TIB is my one study break in the last 3 hrs. Went to bed early last night to wake up early to work on this lab report (it's the way I operate) so I woke up at 4 and its around 8...and I'm now roughly 50% done with it. It's due at 2 today, but I have one class I can't skip.

RantierRant: Tests in anatomy this Thursday and Bioethics this Friday. Electronics problem set also due friday. Thursday anatomy lab right after the test. Funny thing was, I was never behind so far this year, the school work just conspired against me. School can go fuck itself.

Rave: Was the second highest scorer in my fantasy league this week.

Rant: Was up against the number 1 scorer and ended up with a loss anyways. FUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK.

16. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: It's been a crazy few weeks with the girl. She has never been this horny.

RANT: It's probably going to be 2 weeks or so when I get to be with her next.

RAVE: Murder Mystery Thursday and Friday.

RAVE: Heading to Minneapolis Saturday to drink and go to the Vikings game Sunday.

RANT: The Vikings offense sucks so they will probably lose to the Lions.

17. AdrianSSS

AdrianSSS
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: Pinched nerve in neck/left shoulder, throwing a spanner in the works of my until-now excellent three-month run of gym momentum. Please be healed by tomorrow, I've only got three weeks to work out before I take a month off for a boozy tour of the US...

Rave: Only three fucking weeks until holidays! My first in over a year and my first as a single man in over two and a half.

Rave: Since I'm leaving before the NBA season starts, we gotta do our fantasy hoops draft early. That means Monday I'll wake up at 6am, throw a dry-rubbed pork shoulder under the hood of the grill, and let it cook low and slow for at least 12 hours whilst drinking homebrew and insulting my buddies' picks during our live auction draft. I'm planning to jack my computer into my LCD TV via HDMI and have a big ol' draft board in my living room.

RAVE: Go Aussie dollar, go! Pretty soon those $2 PBR cans will be worth two Aussie bucks as well!

18. Bourbondownthehouse

Bourbondownthehouse
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: I'm too young to hate my job this much.

19. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

An, "I don't know what to call this": I'm sitting at my desk. I looked up and outside to see a man in his car sitting at the light brushing his teeth. WTF?

20. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Just discovered there is a 1400 acre off-leash dog "park" thirty minutes from my house, which is basically a bunch of trails in this nice forested area with two rivers surrounding it. My pup is so passed out after an hour and a half there.

Rant: Although when I went to pick up a stick at the river bank, I almost picked up a two-foot dead salmon. Ick.