Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Thorgouge

Thorgouge
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: My prize package that I won from a small gaming website arrived. I won first prize which included a Logitech G15 keyboard, G35 headset and G500 gaming mouse. $300 total, not too shabby for someone that never wins shit. Is it wrong of me to still be disappointed i didn't win the $4500 grand prize custom computer?

2. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Just when I was feeling super nerdy the two posters above me made me feel better about myself.

3. Sicnevol

Sicnevol
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Worst 10 months of my life.

Rave: Hook me up with your cute mustached friends!

4. Kittie

Kittie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: Left yet another message with my attorney over impending court fiasco. Seriously, all I need is his confirmation he has received my fax so we can get this dog and pony show on the road.

Rant: Run into said attorney while he is having lunch (which is apparently paid for by me while he slams down martini after martini at 12pm.) and he says "Just leave me a voice mail, someone will check it."

Rant, yet again: Pretty sure I despise law school and all lawyers at this point.

Rave:
    My sinus cold seems to be lifting since I have downgraded to only a single roll of toilet paper shoved inside my nostrils per day.

5. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RaveSpent an awesome long weekend in NYC with my wife and grandmother, who also happened to cover the enture trip. Stayed in a swank suite at the UN Plaza Hotel, caught A Little Night Music and Memphis which were both excellent, and managed to eat amazing meals at Basso56 and a new-ish place called Toloache. Good times from start to finish,

Rant: Unfortunately, we came home to find our black lab with a really nasty skin infection that he got while being boarded. The vet had to shave off most of the fur on his belly, and he's in terrible pain and has to wear the cone of shame, which makes him pretty miserable. Poor guy.

Rave Football season is mere days away!

6. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

RAVE: Football season opener is tomorrow.

7. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RANT: I'm a goddamned Seahawks fan.

Rave: Be nice if we get to draft Locker #1.

8. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would like to say, fuck Six Entertainment, IFC ffILMS. Today I was happily at my desk watching one of the greatest comedies of my generation (The Human Centipede).

I was watching this on youtube. I got an hour in, and now I can't find the final half hour. Those bastards from the IFC have blocked the end. However, they were fine with letting the first hour be out there.

I was laughing for the entire hour. I assume this was their way of saying I need to pay for this shit. And guess what? I would have at one point today, but since they blocked the ending I will now be torrenting it.

Fuck this film and it's god damn lack of advertising outside of some queer talking about it on comedy central. And before you tell me Daniel Tosh is funny, think about this- Do you think Dane Cook is funny? If so I think it would be funny for you to die in a fire. Because you obviously have no clue what true* comedy is.

*-Sewing some people's mouths to their anus is the funniest thing I've ever seen.

9. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

SGEDIT: Take your beef to PM, no one else cares.

10. jrussellmikkelsen

jrussellmikkelsen
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

What's worse than fleas in your house?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

If you feel differently, I hate you.

11. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

Rant: It's been raining for what feels like forever. It all started Monday night, and it's supposed to continue off and on through the weekend. I'm so sick of rain. Half of my clients have cancelled this week because there's a tornado 30 miles south. People can't drive. I want to stay in bed until it clears up and people stop being dumb. Bah.

12. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave 3 hours 45 minutes until I'm drinking legal in the USA.

Rant My British cocksucking chowder hiding cunt of a roommate bought a bottle of Ouzo and my motto for the night is "I've done worse. Let's do this."

"Hey Viking, you want a shot of Ouzo?"
    "I've done worse. Let's do this."

"Hey Viking... See that whale over there?"
    "I've done worse. Let's do this. Captain Ahab is in the building."

Motherfucker.

13. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: There is nothing better than coming home to a wiggling little puppy that's more excited than anything to see me.

Rant: He's growing too fast. He's already 32lbs of lean puppy muscle which means he can take me out when I crouch down to give him attention. Received a nice lump on my head thanks to the edge of the kitchen island.

Rave: My sister is all moved into her new place in Chapel Hill. Living the "good life" in a sweet college area townhouse while she wraps up her final rotations of med school. Can't wait to visit her and rip it up there again. I hate the Tar Heels but I love the town.

14. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Test for my mom came back she has breast cancer.

Rave: On the plus side its really small and not very aggressive the doctors said it should be pretty easy to take care of. Still scary but there positive attitude makes me feel better.

15. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

First day of school rants:

The number of pointless questions upon receiving the syllabus is mind boggling. Every time. "How should we format the title page for that essay that's due in two months?" Idiot, if the prof cares that much, he'll tell us in about a month and a half. If not, I don't know, maybe put the title, class, date, prof's name, and your name? What the fuck are you expecting? "Ah yes, excellent question, I want it either in wingdings or in German. Also, the paper should be orange."

That's more of a pet peeve that I chuckle about, but this one legitimately pisses me off a little: Profs that explain their class rules as if you've already broken all of them. "Late assignments will not be accepted. You hand it in late? Too bad, it's a zero" says prof Dickhead, with a "Sorry, I don't care how much you argue with me, I'm not budging" look.

He also said "And if you aren't a very organized person, you should probably just go look for a different career right now," again with the same look. SHUT THE FUCK UP! Everybody in the program has an undergrad degree already, we know how this works. Don't talk to me like I'm a fucking 9th grader.

Rave: Granted, I'm only a couple days in, but I'm LOVING being productive again. Working out, working on my bass playing, and actually trying in school feels great after two years of video games and weed. So, so much weed. Speaking of which, I've had no trouble quitting whatsoever, which is nice... again though, I'm only a couple days into this new routine, so we'll see.

16. Trickysista

Trickysista
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Parents are getting divorced. Again. They got divorced when I was 13, got back together when I was 15, and now are getting divorced 10 years later. Being an only child, it's hard not to be put in the middle. I'm most sad about losing my childhood home. This sucks.

Rant dos: I hate fucking facebook. My ex gets married and the pics of it are all over my news feed even though I have him and his wife blocked. I hate facebook. Ignorance is bliss.

17. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RAVE: SEX

SEX SEX SEX

I GOT LAIDDD

SEX

18. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Rant: Note to self: when giving the dogs gel capsules of fish oil (shut up, it's good for them), do NOT let the big one chew his pills. He will pop the pill, let the fish oil leak onto the floor, then rub in it as if it was a dead carcass in a field. He will continue to try and do this even after you've picked up the pill and are trying to shove it down his throat.

Rave:
    Drywall goes in next week! Two new windows already installed! The Great Flood of 2010 is almost behind us.

Rave: Autumn rules.

19. Chirpy

Chirpy
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: I don't think I've ever been happier. While my current job is only part time and I have to supplement with crap, I am truly inspired every single time I go to teach at my college. It's unreal to understand the feeling that this is what I'm meant to do and I'm actually following my passion. Sure, I'll get into more debt to follow my path fully but who gives a shit...the daily reward is fucking worth it. Fan-fucking-tastic!

RAVE: I'm in love with one of my best friends. Although I know it's not going to end up in a long-term love story, there is something to be said for someone who has known you for 1/3 of your life and adores you for who you are. It's confusing, frustrating, and wrong and fuck it-- I'm loving every minute of it--because he's the third person in my life who just gets it when I'm completely myself. Awesome.

RAVE: I'm already looking into sailing lessons for the summer on the MD coast. While I'd rather it be Boston, it's fine...my sea legs are ready to go to prove I'm no landlubber. Bucket List, commence!!!

RAVE for me, RANT for you: Hendricks Gin and Oyster Bay wine. Fuck it gets me waaaaaasted!!

20. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Girlfriend is puking in bathroom. On MY 21st bday. That had better medan anal.n