Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. cynismus

cynismus
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: Finding wide soccer cleats is tough. Fuck my ogre feet.

Rave: Spring time.

2. Roundhouse

Roundhouse
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rave: Occasionally during my lunch hour at work, I'll wonder into HMV and peruse the music DVD section. I've been seeking out 200 Motels for years, unable to find it on VHS and completley unaware it had been released on DVD. Today, there it was, and I am finally able to watch it. This was also the first time this particular branch of HMV had any Zappa material at all.

[​IMG]

3. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Got pulled over for speeding going 73 in a 55 and got a warning. Thank you military id...well that's what i think got me out of it anyways.

Rave: Snowboarding again tomorrow.

Rant: Some asshole has my number and is trying to call me out for a fight, course he doesn't leave his number.

4. whatisinaname

whatisinaname
    Expand Collapse
    Hoping to be even a fraction of the man Jim is.

RANT UFC 111. While some of the fights were well fought from a “technical” point of view, paying $2,000.00 for tickets was a waste. The whole card besides Mir/Carwin was less than expected.

RANT Newark, N.J. Damn, it’s been a few years since I was in that town, but what a shit-hole. How we didn’t get car-jacked or shot is beyond me.

RAVE Great three days with the guys. Gambling, drinking, busting chops, and laughing till you're crying makes you remember how awesome close friends are.

5. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE: Thanks to the joys of Netflix, my boys have discovered the Godzilla movies.

6. annabanana

annabanana
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Since I've moved recently, my new dive bar offers a plethora of amazingly trashy hos, grody old dudes and rave-worthy stories. I'm currently listening to two guys about my age go on for over an hour, about their CARNIE-DAYS exploits. I'm dying laughing. Thank god for the Blackberry cuz I only pray they think I'm laughing at forwarded jokes.

Seriously, this place reeks of desperation, crappy beer and overalls. But - in my defense - it's a block from my pad. Ahahahaha, oh man. I love this bar.

I hope one of 'em hits on me.

Ahahahahahaha

UPDATE: now two middle-aged women are having an in-depth conversation about their cats (orange tabby and 11 more I didn't catch). Whoo hoo! It gets better and better.

7. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I just found out that some guys were about to jump and assault my friend (3on1) with brass knuckles. This is a rave because he didn't get demolished and the situation as defused by my friend because HE GRABBED THE MAIN GUY AND SHOOK THE SHIT OUT OF HIM. So cool.

Rave: I have my very own .com. The empire is growing - previously it was a lemonade stand with a backwards 'e', old folks ate that shit up.

8. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

It seems like every rant I've posted lately has been about my dogs. Why break the trend?

Guess who when out onto the thin ice of the lake at the dog park today? My Newfie, Abraham. It is presently 12*C. The ice cannot support anything, never mind a 90-lb dog. Guess who went crashing through it and then couldn't get out? Yup. He was able to keep his head and front paws above water, resting his elbows on the ice. Soo....guess who had to purposely break through the ice and wade out to him, to pull him to safety? Why, yes! Yours truly. I can assure you that a warm day does not a warm pond make.

Sopping wet, from head to toe:

[​IMG]

I'll spare you the image of what I looked like, also sopping wet. Although, in my case, it was only to the waist. God bless the family who stood on the side of the water and let me toss my ipod to them and held my other dog while this was going on.

EDIT: It was an off leash dog park, which was why they were roaming free. Thanks for the advice, though.

9. toejam

toejam
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rave: Excedrin Migraine!

10. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: Utterly fed up with everyone's shit. I just want to dig a hole and bury myself in it. I'm at the point I'm listening to the 'sound of Jupiter.' Really?
    RAVE: Inner rage = awesome leg day at the gym. Squats heal the pain.
    RAVE: Rant and Rave thread.
    RANT: FUCK ALL OF THE FUCKING ASS HOLES IN THIS WORLD, THAT REPRODUCE AND FUCKING NEGLECT THEIR CHILDREN!!! I'M A FUCKING SCUM BAG, YET STILL BETTER SUITED TO RAISE YOUNG PEOPLE THAN THE PEOPLE THAT BROUGHT THEM INTO THIS WORLD!
    RANT: Can't even think straight, going to bed sounds like the only viable option. Unless we had suicide booths like in Futurama (this is a joke).

good advice Vanilla

11. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant Sean Penn.

What a jackass. Seriously, if he has a publicist, he needs to fire her and get a new one.

I might declare him the biggest douche bag in hollywood

12. Obviously5Believer

Obviously5Believer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Rant: That weird Paula Dean ad on YouTube freaked me out all day.
    Rave: Picked up a fat sack of the sticky icky today. Should make for an enjoyable Easter weekend.

13. uzisuicide

uzisuicide
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RAVE: High of 84 on Friday and 78 on Saturday. Fuck yeah.

14. Ferris

Ferris
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rave: Found a new place to live in. I am so glad to be moving out from my current roommate's place. Decent roommate, but was such a fucking downer. Always sarcastically putting others down, never wanting to do anything fun, and could fly off the handle for the most minor of things. Even though nothing major has happened, I was never comfortable living there, and found myself trying to be out of the house as much as possible. I was slowly disliking him more and more with each passing day, so might as well put a stop to it and move out.

Rave: Moving back in with a former roommate. Had one of my best summers living with him, even though the place we were at then was a shithole.

15. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Tickets to Red Sox Opening Day.

Rant: I had to pay for them.

Rant: I had to pay scalper prices for them.

Rant: The game is on a fucking SUNDAY night in Boston, in April. We'll be lucky if the temps are in the 40's.

Rave: They're incredible seats.

Rave: Sold a ton of equipment last week. Cha-ching

Rant: Leaving beautiful sunny Scottsdale AZ for shitty Detroit MI in the morning. Yuck.

16. katokoch

katokoch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Tore my bicycle (yeah, I'm badass like that) apart this weekend and got all of the old, sticky grease and buildup of crud and shit out of it and got everything slicked up again. What a world of difference it made.

Rave: Hulu has some of my favorite episodes of It's Always Sunny up. "Who Pooped the Bed?", "Dennis Reynolds: An Erotic Life," and "The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell." To hell with studying tonight!

Rave: Only 26 more days until that argument over the drinking age becomes irrelevant to me.

17. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: I am so late to the Band of Brothers game, and I was missing out like hell.

Rave: Found a dog crate today for $35 off craigslist that usually goes for about $100. It's in perfect condition and the guy just wanted to get rid of it quickly, what a goddamn deal.

Rant: Classes starting.

18. Solaris

Solaris
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Really starting to get bored of being at home during the easter holidays. Can't wait to get my student loan and get back to Belfast.

Rave: Been using my time constructively, started a new portal for my uni: <a class="postlink" href="http://thebelfaststudent.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://thebelfaststudent.co.uk</a>

19. Virty

Virty
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

RAVE: So oh my god. Went over to a good girl friends house for some dinner and wine. We have been friends for a while, absolutely nothing sexual.

Until she busted out the fucking hand cuffs. Like seriously had me secured to the door, could not move my hands.

Awesome.

Best thing, though. Woke up and it was back to nothing serious.

God, life is awesome. I have never wanted to begin frivolous fist pumps till now, fuck you guidos for ruining the absolutely amazing gesture of showing satisfaction.

20. Primer

Primer
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded