Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Rant & Rave Thread

Discussion in 'Permanent Threads' started by Joel Raymond, Oct 19, 2009.

1. abneretta

abneretta
    Expand Collapse
    Shenanigator

Rave: I'm Facebook chatting with a friend and she dropped this little gem on me:

I'm sure that it's bullshit, but either way...made my night.

2. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Rave: To cut to the chase I spilled Tabasco sauce on some chocolate and I found out that Tabasco + chocolate = win.

3. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Rave: At the risk of jinxing it, I think Spring might have actually arrived! The snow is melting like crazy, and today we had RAIN! Surely this means nice weather is happening sooner rather than later, right?

Rant: Mud. Fucking mud and giant mud puddles everywhere. My newfie deliberately runs through all of them, and the terrier isn't much better. My truck AND my house smell of wet dog.

Rave: Whatever. Dogs rule.

4. Assur

Assur
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Rave: Spring is here! Its been nice outside and the girls are half-nekkid.

Rant: Spring in Texas lasts about 1 month. Soon the will-sapping heat will begin.

Rave: Spring Break! All of the damn school kids will go away and I won't have to press through the 3 that always have to block the entrance to the bus. I go to work at 6:30 because the kids don't get up that early.

Rave: I think it may be weird how much I like indexing/authority searching.

5. manihack

manihack
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Chemistry test tomorrow and due to some personal shit going down I am totally not prepared for it.

Rave: I got a 92 on the first test and the class average was a 45, so even if I fuck this one up royally I shouldn't be in bad shape. Plus the lowest of 4 tests gets dropped.

Rave: Beer and Xanax.

Rave: Chick I haven't seen in awhile seems to want a booty call.

Rant: Beer and Xanax means my dick is going to be less responsive than Stephen Hawking's. Shit. No go.

6. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: An opportunity presented itself on facebook. Not the best I've seen, but I still think it's funny.

My little brother had a reply to one of his old profile pictures. I had to respond.
    [​IMG]

7. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Jim Calhoun (That handsome devil you see screaming in my avatar) has agreed to 4 year contract extension for UConn.

8. Kittie

Kittie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rant: Still dealing with legal shit. Kids, do not drink and drive. If I can't win that game, no one can.

More Rant: Results of my recent court endeavor. I was the only person in the courtroom with a full set of teeth.

The DA from Stewart county is a royal bitch. She offered minimum mandatory (45 days) as a plea. Why in the fuck would I take a plea of minimum mandatory? That is not doing me any favors. Hasn't this bitch heard of a plea bargain?

So, I waived my right to a preliminary hearing (avoiding getting the dick weed cop on record and I know you're never supposed to do this, but considering how I acted toward the cop when arrested, it was for the best) and bound the case over to the grand jury. My lawyer had to recuse himself because I am calling him as a witness. He was with me and knows I was not intoxicated in Stewart County. If convicted in criminal circuit court, the worst that can happen is 45 days for DUI 2nd, and an extra 10 days for violation of implied consent- which I doubt I will get.

Chances are I will get a new DA who might be more willing to work with me and everything is going to be put off until at least July. Since I have a history of alcoholism, Tennessee will give me 28 days in a treatment facility and then 13 nights in jail. So worst case scenario, if I can get Montgomery County (where I got my 3rd DUI a week later) to agree- which I think I can, is 13 nights in jail and 28 days in a treatment facility. I will still lose my license for 2 years.

However, after one year I will have the option to have an interlock device (blow into it to make sure I am sober bullshit) added to a car for a $70 a month maintenance fee and SR-22 insurance. I go to court in Montgomery county next Tuesday and I am going to ask for the same deal I will get in Stewart County with the 13 nights to be served concurrent.

They did not count my time in Florida rehab. I voluntarily went to rehab as it was obvious I had a drinking problem. I stayed somewhere where that was $850 a day, so I can't figure out why TN wants to send me to another facility and the state pay for it. Wonder why this state is in a world of shit money wise? Stupid DAs that refuse to listen to all the facts of a case.

Rant yet again:
    I still can't believe I have two pending DUIs. I was fucking Homecoming queen for Christ's sake!

9. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Finished an essay more than 12 hours before the deadline! This is a definite first. Reward: watching movies with Alec Baldwin.

Rave: 30 Rock is back, hell yes.

10. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

RAVE:: FISTPUMPING LIKE CHAMSP!!1

HERE THE FUCK IS THE DRUNK THRAEED WHEN YOU NEED ITR.

JESUS CRHIST.

11. drunkfish

drunkfish
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Rave: Today was fucking beautiful in central Mississippi...

Huge Rant: I never post but someone decided that today when the sun was shining to fuck my world up. I should have been sitting outside enjoying a beer but instead I spent my day in a hospital listening to some fuckstick tell me that my mother only has 2 weeks to live. What the Fuck? I'm only 29. Always figured with my lifestyle and habits that my mother would outlive me. Guess that was a pipe dream. I'm now about 16 beers deep into this case of Bud Light an the pain doesn't go away. I hate today.

12. effinshenanigans

effinshenanigans
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave:
    Girlfriend got creative with whatever we had left in the fridge/cabinets and made an awesome dinner last night. Andouille sausage and peppers in a Stubbs marinade-based sauce over angel hair pasta. It was spicy, but had a fantastic flavor.

Rant:
    I just shit the acid spit from those Alien movies. I want to buy a gallon of ice cream and sit on it.

13. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Was woken up this morning by a nudge and a shot of whiskey in my face.

Rant: Watching some fishing shows before work. I can't believe how these things are nothing more than 30 min commercials.

14. Solaris

Solaris
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Rant: Woke up after a heavy night out, went upstairs and threw up the takeaway from last night. Must have aggravated my throat becuase that dangly thing at the back of my mouth has swollen to fuck. Can't talk without wanting to immediately throw up.

15. Decatur Dave

Decatur Dave
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: What is a 'wow factor' exactly? Got an email this project needed that about 8:45.
    RAVE: Some cunt tells me something needs 'wow factor' means, "Dave, it's a rainy day. Go back to bed."
    RAVE: Waking up 2 hours after the email was read, cracking a beer and starting over again.
    RAVE: Working at home, no shirt on, drinking a beer, smoking an (e)cigarette with DKMs blasting. Coffee and bacon when I'm done pretending to get started on here.
    RAVE: St. Patties is so close I can taste it. This is my birthday, new years, Christmas and anything else rolled up, wrapped in bacon and awesomeness, and shoved down my throat till I puke. "Face down in the gutter, won't admit defeat..."

16. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rant: Oh the fucking lies and deceit my boss weaves. Fucker lied to me about how far along we were on some equipment that's supposed to ship today. Told me yesterday while I was in between flights and trying to update the customer that it would be done. Came into the shop today and found out that we'll be lucky if it ships on Monday night. Usually this isn't a big deal but the equipment is already a month late and for the love of fucking baby Jesus just tell me that it won't be ready when I ask! Sugar coating it for 12 hours doesn't help anyone.

Rave: I got in a shouting match and nearly came to blows with the owner/pres of the company out on the assembly floor. I called him a liar which is the one word that absolutely drives him insane but in this case it fits perfectly. He turned red, got in my face, and I thought for sure he was going to hit me. I was praying for it. While the spittle flew from his mouth and he turned red all I could think of is, Please god let him hit me. I'll own this place and beat his ass. He's turning a darker shade of red, maybe if I smile at him he'll fly over the edge. Come ON YOU FUCKER! HIT ME!!!

Rant: He didn't hit me.

17. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Rave: Mint Oreo blizzard

Rant: Chater changed my avatar and I can't change it back. Enjoy my candy cane...

18. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Rave: Got my last two midterms back last night: 97 on the essays, 100 on the multiple choice.

19. PoppaBear

PoppaBear
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

RAVE:I've been doing really well in my classes, did well on all of my first round of midterms.
    RAVE:Spring Break starts today. No money to go on a trip, but I ordered a whole slew of books to read. Plan on starting with Blood Meridian and then trying to read Lonesome Dove.
    RAVE:Drinking in the Man-cave tonight with my brothers and friends. Haven't done that in forever, plan on playing some drunk n64
    BIG RAVE: Had coffee with girl in my other rant/raves today, turns out shes not only hot and has a devilishly cute smile, but also is also very nice (don't see that a lot with hot girls at my university). And we're both pretty different, I like that a lot. After SB I'm definitely following up on this prospect

Shit, life is good.

20. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

RANT: I think that this might be the two shittiest weeks of work in a long, long time.

RAVE: I'm out of the office next week. Hopefully it will be a relaxing week on site.

RANT: Not really feeling the love from the lady. I'm going to have to wait and see how Sunday goes and maybe make a decison based on that.

Rave: Some friends from out of town will be up this weekend. Should have a good time causing trouble the next two days.